February 1, 2015 | 1275 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2015 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Palefairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Aboutley horrible. Smells disgusting and my eyes were so watery I couldn't see. First batch I bought was the wrong colour- nearly dyed my hair brown! I bought a second batch of ash blonde and it didn't cover my light blonde and changed my green streaks a manky purple grey colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:11:00 AM More reviews by holly5652

NOPE. Did not like this product at all. First it is the horrible ammonia chemical smell which fills the whole room with the scent when applying, it's strong enough to make your eyes water, and how it also lingers on your hair even after washing. This product simply did not last at all, I have yellowy/ dark blonde hair which is lighter at the ends and naturally a light brown at the roots and brought it in a medium brown shade, and after about 2 weeks, it washed out to a tinted orange/ copper shade, it simply did not last and it was permanent, not to mention I now have a regrowth - proof that the colour did last, it only tinted my hair lightly - did not last anywhere near the 6-8 week permanent claim. I now have wasted $15 on a bad product, and I now have red/ copper hair. :\

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by colleenme

The situation: light/med brown hair roots with red, blonde highlights that cost 150 bucks. Desired: blended roots with top of highlights, while keeping the 'tones' of the highlights.
So I have had a strong reaction as a burning scalp to Nice and Easy dyes (also fructis) and I have stayed away. Saw this on clearance at Walmart in a 2 pack for 9 bucks and since Im a little poor after the holidays, I thought I'd try it, for at most 15 min. Also, i hadn't washed my hair for 2 days to hopefully not burn again. So this afternoon, I used 2 boxes of 118A, neutral medium brown for my below shoulder average thickness hair. One bottle for just roots, starting in back, working up to part and temples. So impressed with the 'staining' of the color- be careful as it could discolor your vanity. However, it truly stunk- and on New Years Eve in winter, opening windows was necessary. The burn? Yep. Still has it for me. It started as a tingle, then it literally hurt. After leaving it on for 10, I pulled it through for 5 and jumped in the shower. The hair dye was rich and creamy and took a while to rinse out. (I bet most browns do against a white tub) but after the rinsing and color care conditioner, I was done. So surprised at how happy I am. Truly, truly surprised. The ends of the highlights are toned down, the roots are beautifully blended, I still have dimesion. No green, no brass, no hot roots, just great! 9 bucks vs 150 and 30 min vs 4 hrs? Win win. I xan live with the burn for 15 min for the results.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've just this evening tried no. 120 in Natural Dark Brown as I'm constantly battling resistant greys, hot roots and porous ends and wanted to even out my overall colour. I am normally happy with most of the L'oreal Preference dark brown shades but this time opted for Nice n' Easy permanent as I've used and been happy with the 24 washes (though it only lasts 7 on me) and I figured if I don't leave it on too long it will just blend in my greys rather than covering them completely, without giving me hot roots or black ends. For a touch-up on greys you have to leave it on approx. 35 mins; for first-time colour on greys you leave it on for 45 mins. I opted to do my most visible greys first - temples and parting - then the rest of my hair except for the ends which I left untouched until the final 10 mins; overall dyeing time 30 mins. This dye contains ammonia and stinks to high heaven. Hell, it made my eyes smart, plus it burns the scalp more the longer you leave it on (afterwards I used some Aveda Scalp Remedy which always relieves any post-dye discomfort). I have armpit length hair and one box was just enough, although my hair is not thick. A colour deposit conditioner is supplied which I'm not too impressed with, having used the brilliant ones supplied with the 24 washes, Preference and Colorsilk (C'silk's a dreadful dye though). It was fairly easy to wash out but I realised I desperately need a protein treatment as my hair absorbed water like a sponge after washing out the conditioner, so I'll do an Aphogee treatment in a couple of days. It feels soft and looks shiny though. Now it's dry I can see slightly hot roots, possibly due to the facts I already had them before I coloured tonight but otherwise the colour is fairly uniform. There is no multi-tonality the adverts bang on about - it's just a fairly neutral dark brown with mid to dark brown roots but maybe that will change after another wash. Most of my greys haven't blended in properly. No black ends in sight though. If I'm not happy after the first wash, I am planning on using this as a base colour, with Adore Plus in a richer dark brown shade over it to jazz it up a bit and I'll touch up just the roots in four weeks, next time with Preference. I've rated it fairly low as I'm a bit disappointed with the end result so far, the ammonia affected me far more than Preference ever does plus I'm not sure what will happen with the colour once I've washed it again. I'll update in a few days.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Annogosh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Color pretty true to package. I've been coloring my hair at home since 6th grade. I'm now 65 yrs. old. I have been to the salon over the years for highlights..lowlights...all over color..you name it. But I always resort to buying a box of hair color off the shelf at the drugstore a majority of the time. I just had low-lights put in 3 days ago at a well known salon. And although I CLEARLY stated that I wanted no red-gold effects as my hair pulls brass like crazy, I ended up with a very brassy look (even tho she said she used neutrals). My hair looked like a doll's dynell wig. I left politely...went right to Walgreens and bought a box of Nice'nEasy 8/103 Natural Medium Neutral Blonde. I've used this before and had faith that it would not damage my hair nor would it react to the low lights that were just put in. I couldn't be happier. Hair looks very healthy and bouncy and the shade is great. Not too yellow...not orange/red brassy. Whew! Can't beat the old "tried and true". BTW...great for covering up the grey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by misstwinpeaks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been looking for the best black hair dye for so many years of my life, most of them faded to a gross brown after just a week, or even sometimes the day after dying it. I finally decided to try one last time and I bought Nice N Easy Natural Blue-Black 2BB/124, on a whim. I noticed right away it didn't have such a strong smell while dying and setting, when I shampooed it also didn't fade the color. Yes, dye did come out for about 3 days after but I never noticed a change in richness whatsoever which was very shocking in comparative to my previous experiences. After about 2 months you do notice a fade, but it's not drastic. My hair grows out naturally grey (i'm only 24), but it still stays vibrant for a very long time. This also shows no traces of blue, which I found other blue-blacks did. I've never tried any another color in this line, but this shade is a miracle.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by tjheston

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using a different brand consistently for over 10 years, a brand which is considerably cheaper but I couldn't find my usual color in any local store, so I found a similar color in Clairol's Nice n Easy. Not that I think that Nice n Easy is expensive, but I use 2 boxes because I have thick hair. I'd pay twice as much if I were happy with it. My complaint isn't in the end results, which were fine, no better or worse than the brand I usually use. My complaint is the god awful strong smell. Honestly, I thought I would pass out from the overwhelming chemical smell. Before I even put it in my hair, tears were rolling down my face and my throat was burning. By the time I was finished applying it, I was holding down vomit. Never ever again will I touch this stuff. Even if the end result had been a thousand times better than my usual brand, I would never put myself through this again!!!! If you are going to use this, please be sure it's in a bathroom that has windows, and open them even if it's the middle of winter. Consider yourself warned!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Hkc123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: long review and useless storytelling!

I used this dye in a red shade a long te ago and the color did not stick at all. It washed out the next day. However, I've been giving this hair dye a second chance due to the awesome shade range. I used a few of the brown shades last year and I was very impressed. My hair was nice and shiny, although the colors would up slightly darker than I expected, but nothing a few eases couldn't fix.Now I always pick up a shade or two lighter than what I go for just in case.
I recently finally went back to blond after having dark red box dye hair. After 400 dollars and 4 salon visits (I don't trust myself to do blond on myself), I had blond hair. However, since my hair was so dark and holds on to red like no other, the ends were slightly orange/yellow than the top. Since my hair was dry I didn't want to do anything else to it to fix it. It wasn't that noticeable but I'm picky about my hair. No one ever said anything. So my hair was bleach blond at the top with slightly orangey bottom. I wanted to slowly work my way back to having darker hair since I
Realized blond doesn't look as good and is very damaging, and takes the shine out of my hair. My hair doesn't like being blond haha. So I went out and purchased the colors medium ash blond and dark natural blond and mixed them together. My hair is almost an exact match to both colors on each box and my hair instantly felt much healthier after dying. However the ends still have a slight orange undertone, it's not noticeable unless you hold the ends to the top part of my hair and compare haha. My hair is now a dirty/ash/medium to dark brown. It's hard I describe haha. I was aiming for a light brown but I'm gradually going darker so I don't dye my hair too dark.
Long story short, this is a good dye. Smells good, the colors match the box, and there's a great shade range. However. My hair is not that shiney after using this but that's an easy fix :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by TanyaH30

My hair is a medium ashy brown, and since I'm so pale my hair looked blah against my skin, but I've been using Nice & Easy in 5G/117 Medium Golden Brown. For a home color system I think this is a very good product. I've used it 3 times in the last six months and my hair is still in great shape. The color is great. I only went a shade or so darker then my natural color, but it looks shinny and vibrant. No one can tell that I color my own hair (which I know is every ones goal when coloring there own hair) The only problem I have is the smell, it is strong so be in a well ventilated area.

And Nice & Easy gives you a tube of conditioner to use once a week after coloring and it lasts a long time, you'll still have some left when you need to color again, so I just hold onto the extra conditioner and maybe use is as a hair mask every couple of weeks.

I think over all you are getting a good quality hair color and the conditioner to help maintain your hair without the outrageous salon prices, even my hair dresser is impressed with my color when I get my hair cut.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Jovabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

25.7.14 N&E 100. This was my first time dying my own hair. I have really really fine (Nordic) hair and nearly always my hair breaks off or fall out after (14days) I have been to the hairdresser. I did my research on the web and N&E came out with the best rating....so nervous and scared as I was :(....but determined to give it a go....so I did, just now! This is how I did it. I out the mixture in a plastic container and used a dye brush to apply in big streaks to the top of my head and sides without as much as possible avoiding the roots or ends. I also did not saturate the streaks. Than I combed it backwards with a very big tooth comb and left it for 10 minutes and massages it through the top for approx. 2mins, rinsed it thoroughly and put the N&E conditioner on for a minute. Than I washed my hair and used the conditioner again (but only put in on and washed it out again immediately).

I am soooo pleased with the results. Nothing like I expected but everything I hoped for. The colour is a bit lighter and not as yellow as on the box. Now all I hope for is that it does not break off. I certainly will recommend this to others.

If it won't break off in a f/n I certainly will give it 5 stars. It is Easy, Quick, No mess, Great colour, Feels and Looks good.