July 22, 2014 | 1286 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by kazgrax

Me and my mum have used this brand for years and never ever had problems with the hair dye as such, no burning sensation etc. I also find it a quite pleasant smell, but the last two times we have used the dye our hair always comes out greasy, I stopped using the conditioner it comes with and just used shampoo but it was still doing the same thing to us both and doesn't go away until about a week later. Other than that the product is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

I have naturally black hair and wanted to go brunette. Previously all of the brown box dyes I have tried made my hair insanely auburn and brassy. Then I tried nice easy's box dye in the shade Medium Ash Blonde. This gave me the perfect chocolate brown that looks so gorgeous and natural in sunlight!! I will definitely be repurchasing the same shade to make my hair an even lighter brown. I deducted one point because the formula is insanely strong (my eyes watered after mixing and applying to hair) and even burns my scalp a little. Oh, the things we do for beauty :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed! I have been using Natural Instincts for years and had no issues. So I decided to use a permanent color now that I am getting more gray. I chose Nice and Easy in caramel brown (6). My hair was already brown so I figured I'm safe. Well, first let me say the smell was so strong I couldn't stand it. yuk! I left it on for 25 min. Then rinsed off. When I looked in the mirror the top of my head was orange. wtf?? orange??? SO I dried it and it still looked orange. I was so disappointed and I couldn't walk around like this. So I decided to go to my local salon to get this fixed. She said I had root glow. I've never heard of that but it's when your roots get lighter than the rest of your hair. It looked bad! really bad.
She dyed my hair again in a slightly darker color and added a couple of highlights and it looks great now! She said I should have used a darker color. But I must say the color on the box was very deceiving because my hair color matched their before color on the box. I will never trust this brand again.
I read some reviews of this particular color and others say they turned out like a carrot top too! So I'm not alone in this. This is obviously flawed and misleading. Stay away from this color!!!
6W (Nice & Easy Natural Light Caramel Brown)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by chemicallyfeline

My hair color came out great. BUT THIS STAINED LIKE A MOFO!! Like a dark black looks like I got the plague stain! It's bad. I tried taking it off with alcohol and it didn't work. Now i have to walk around looking like a jackass. Never using this dye again!! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cs1346

I have naturally light blonde hair and I don't really think it suits me, so I have been trying for ages to get it the perfect cool dark ash blonde. Nice n' easy is my favourite so far, either in the natural dark blonde shade or the natural cool dark blonde shade (think it's new...). I love the results as soon as I dry it and the conditioner is amazing; smells lush! However the colour really doesn't last long at all considering it's permanent, and quickly fades to a brassy blonde - I seem to have a problem with retaining all hair dyes though it sucks. Maybe it's the hard water?
Either way, great colours and cheap too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by gabbimigas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So my mom has blonde hair and she normally gets a full head of foils done professionally using paul mitchell hair colour. Well we all know this can get very expensive to pay about 90 every six weeks so she asked me to dye her hair for her. We got 2 Garnier Nutrisse Cream Nourishing colour and went for it. Her roots were very ORANGE.
So today we went back and purchased a clairol dye in medium ash blonde to try and darken it and reduce the orange tone. It had a purply tint which helped eliminate almost all the orange and left her with a very nice colour.

Over all this is a great dye and i would recommend it 100%.It did not irritate the skin and It does what it states on the packaging and does reduce the look of uneven orange colour. BUT if you have dark hair and are wanting to go blonder i would not recommend doing it yourself at all no matter what have it done by a professional because 99.9% of the time it will turn orange.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by 3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the longest lasting dye I have ever used. I used Natural blue black and it literally lasted almost a year. I retouched only the new re growth ever few monthes. However... the smell is way too strong and felt too warm on my scalp with slight burning and itching. also stains skin and scalp very badly. Rinses out fairly easily and conditioner provided is very good. Notice more hair fall though after combing :( also a lot of frizz now. covered gray well though and gorgeous rich color that lasts.... maybe just too harsh for my fine hair. I'm not going to use formulas with ammonia anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice 'n' Easy is my HG hair color. I've used it for years, and my hair always comes out beautiful. I've been using #87, Ultra Light Natural Blonde, and my hair color comes out a lovely light blonde color with plenty of natural looking highlights. The conditioner that they give you with the product leaves your hair feeling silky and soft, and there's plenty of it!

I've tried many other brands, Feria being the worst. I always come back to Nice 'n' Easy, because it's easy to use, the color comes out beautiful and it's easy on my hair. Almost no damage from using this dye, where others have left my hair feeling totally fried.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been coloring my own hair for about four years, every 3-4 months usually in dark brown shades. (I have medium brown hair naturally.) I've used a few other brands like L'Oreal and Garnier but this has always been my go to. The colors are nice and pretty long lasting for as often as I wash my hair. The conditioner that comes with it is amazing and I agree with another reviewer that it should be sold separately. However like others have said it does stain skin and can be messy. The foam version of this was my favorite but I think it has been discontinued because I haven't seen it in stores lately. I never have had a problem with any coloring products damaging my hair (it is pretty fine naturally though) until my most recent use of this. My hair was unusually dry after washing it out and using a fair amount of the conditioner. I'm not sure if the dye has been reformulated or my hair needs a break from coloring but I was very disappointed and I don't know if I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I've always dyed my own hair at home. I'm 38 now and have been going red since I was 18 or so. I don't think I've ever paid for salon color. So you know that I've tried ALLLLLLLLL the brands. This is one of the worst. It stains skin SO BADLY. I'm lazy and I usually don't do the whole, coat your hairline in vaseline thing with other haircolors and I have NO PROBLEMS with staining. But this stuff? YIKES. Stains galore. One time my neck was stained so bad and nothing and I mean NOTHING would get it off, I even tried using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to try scrubbing it off. I don't recommend doing that. Yikes.