September 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Hkc123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: long review and useless storytelling!

I used this dye in a red shade a long te ago and the color did not stick at all. It washed out the next day. However, I've been giving this hair dye a second chance due to the awesome shade range. I used a few of the brown shades last year and I was very impressed. My hair was nice and shiny, although the colors would up slightly darker than I expected, but nothing a few eases couldn't fix.Now I always pick up a shade or two lighter than what I go for just in case.
I recently finally went back to blond after having dark red box dye hair. After 400 dollars and 4 salon visits (I don't trust myself to do blond on myself), I had blond hair. However, since my hair was so dark and holds on to red like no other, the ends were slightly orange/yellow than the top. Since my hair was dry I didn't want to do anything else to it to fix it. It wasn't that noticeable but I'm picky about my hair. No one ever said anything. So my hair was bleach blond at the top with slightly orangey bottom. I wanted to slowly work my way back to having darker hair since I
Realized blond doesn't look as good and is very damaging, and takes the shine out of my hair. My hair doesn't like being blond haha. So I went out and purchased the colors medium ash blond and dark natural blond and mixed them together. My hair is almost an exact match to both colors on each box and my hair instantly felt much healthier after dying. However the ends still have a slight orange undertone, it's not noticeable unless you hold the ends to the top part of my hair and compare haha. My hair is now a dirty/ash/medium to dark brown. It's hard I describe haha. I was aiming for a light brown but I'm gradually going darker so I don't dye my hair too dark.
Long story short, this is a good dye. Smells good, the colors match the box, and there's a great shade range. However. My hair is not that shiney after using this but that's an easy fix :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by TanyaH30

My hair is a medium ashy brown, and since I'm so pale my hair looked blah against my skin, but I've been using Nice & Easy in 5G/117 Medium Golden Brown. For a home color system I think this is a very good product. I've used it 3 times in the last six months and my hair is still in great shape. The color is great. I only went a shade or so darker then my natural color, but it looks shinny and vibrant. No one can tell that I color my own hair (which I know is every ones goal when coloring there own hair) The only problem I have is the smell, it is strong so be in a well ventilated area.

And Nice & Easy gives you a tube of conditioner to use once a week after coloring and it lasts a long time, you'll still have some left when you need to color again, so I just hold onto the extra conditioner and maybe use is as a hair mask every couple of weeks.

I think over all you are getting a good quality hair color and the conditioner to help maintain your hair without the outrageous salon prices, even my hair dresser is impressed with my color when I get my hair cut.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Jovabe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

25.7.14 N&E 100. This was my first time dying my own hair. I have really really fine (Nordic) hair and nearly always my hair breaks off or fall out after (14days) I have been to the hairdresser. I did my research on the web and N&E came out with the best rating....so nervous and scared as I was :(....but determined to give it a go....so I did, just now! This is how I did it. I out the mixture in a plastic container and used a dye brush to apply in big streaks to the top of my head and sides without as much as possible avoiding the roots or ends. I also did not saturate the streaks. Than I combed it backwards with a very big tooth comb and left it for 10 minutes and massages it through the top for approx. 2mins, rinsed it thoroughly and put the N&E conditioner on for a minute. Than I washed my hair and used the conditioner again (but only put in on and washed it out again immediately).

I am soooo pleased with the results. Nothing like I expected but everything I hoped for. The colour is a bit lighter and not as yellow as on the box. Now all I hope for is that it does not break off. I certainly will recommend this to others.

If it won't break off in a f/n I certainly will give it 5 stars. It is Easy, Quick, No mess, Great colour, Feels and Looks good.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by TAMMYWILSON

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

DO NOT USE IT TURN MY MOTHERS HAIR RED WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO LIGHT BLONDE WHICH WE HAVE USE MULTIPLE TIME BEFORE AND WHEN I COMPLAINED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM WHERE RUDE AND USELESS.
I TIRED VIA EMAIL SLOW AND UN RESPONSIVE AND THE TELEPHONE HELP DO NOT LISTEN AND ARE RUDE COMPLETELY USELESS RECOMMEND ANY OTHER BRAND.

STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT THE WRONG COLOUR AND TO DEAL WITH A HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON WHO WONT LISTEN AND WILL BE RUDE TO YOU.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by kazgrax

Me and my mum have used this brand for years and never ever had problems with the hair dye as such, no burning sensation etc. I also find it a quite pleasant smell, but the last two times we have used the dye our hair always comes out greasy, I stopped using the conditioner it comes with and just used shampoo but it was still doing the same thing to us both and doesn't go away until about a week later. Other than that the product is great!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

I have naturally black hair and wanted to go brunette. Previously all of the brown box dyes I have tried made my hair insanely auburn and brassy. Then I tried nice easy's box dye in the shade Medium Ash Blonde. This gave me the perfect chocolate brown that looks so gorgeous and natural in sunlight!! I will definitely be repurchasing the same shade to make my hair an even lighter brown. I deducted one point because the formula is insanely strong (my eyes watered after mixing and applying to hair) and even burns my scalp a little. Oh, the things we do for beauty :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed! I have been using Natural Instincts for years and had no issues. So I decided to use a permanent color now that I am getting more gray. I chose Nice and Easy in caramel brown (6). My hair was already brown so I figured I'm safe. Well, first let me say the smell was so strong I couldn't stand it. yuk! I left it on for 25 min. Then rinsed off. When I looked in the mirror the top of my head was orange. wtf?? orange??? SO I dried it and it still looked orange. I was so disappointed and I couldn't walk around like this. So I decided to go to my local salon to get this fixed. She said I had root glow. I've never heard of that but it's when your roots get lighter than the rest of your hair. It looked bad! really bad.
She dyed my hair again in a slightly darker color and added a couple of highlights and it looks great now! She said I should have used a darker color. But I must say the color on the box was very deceiving because my hair color matched their before color on the box. I will never trust this brand again.
I read some reviews of this particular color and others say they turned out like a carrot top too! So I'm not alone in this. This is obviously flawed and misleading. Stay away from this color!!!
6W (Nice & Easy Natural Light Caramel Brown)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by chemicallyfeline

My hair color came out great. BUT THIS STAINED LIKE A MOFO!! Like a dark black looks like I got the plague stain! It's bad. I tried taking it off with alcohol and it didn't work. Now i have to walk around looking like a jackass. Never using this dye again!! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by cs1346

I have naturally light blonde hair and I don't really think it suits me, so I have been trying for ages to get it the perfect cool dark ash blonde. Nice n' easy is my favourite so far, either in the natural dark blonde shade or the natural cool dark blonde shade (think it's new...). I love the results as soon as I dry it and the conditioner is amazing; smells lush! However the colour really doesn't last long at all considering it's permanent, and quickly fades to a brassy blonde - I seem to have a problem with retaining all hair dyes though it sucks. Maybe it's the hard water?
Either way, great colours and cheap too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by gabbimigas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So my mom has blonde hair and she normally gets a full head of foils done professionally using paul mitchell hair colour. Well we all know this can get very expensive to pay about 90 every six weeks so she asked me to dye her hair for her. We got 2 Garnier Nutrisse Cream Nourishing colour and went for it. Her roots were very ORANGE.
So today we went back and purchased a clairol dye in medium ash blonde to try and darken it and reduce the orange tone. It had a purply tint which helped eliminate almost all the orange and left her with a very nice colour.

Over all this is a great dye and i would recommend it 100%.It did not irritate the skin and It does what it states on the packaging and does reduce the look of uneven orange colour. BUT if you have dark hair and are wanting to go blonder i would not recommend doing it yourself at all no matter what have it done by a professional because 99.9% of the time it will turn orange.