April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy Hair Color

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been coloring my own hair for about four years, every 3-4 months usually in dark brown shades. (I have medium brown hair naturally.) I've used a few other brands like L'Oreal and Garnier but this has always been my go to. The colors are nice and pretty long lasting for as often as I wash my hair. The conditioner that comes with it is amazing and I agree with another reviewer that it should be sold separately. However like others have said it does stain skin and can be messy. The foam version of this was my favorite but I think it has been discontinued because I haven't seen it in stores lately. I never have had a problem with any coloring products damaging my hair (it is pretty fine naturally though) until my most recent use of this. My hair was unusually dry after washing it out and using a fair amount of the conditioner. I'm not sure if the dye has been reformulated or my hair needs a break from coloring but I was very disappointed and I don't know if I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I've always dyed my own hair at home. I'm 38 now and have been going red since I was 18 or so. I don't think I've ever paid for salon color. So you know that I've tried ALLLLLLLLL the brands. This is one of the worst. It stains skin SO BADLY. I'm lazy and I usually don't do the whole, coat your hairline in vaseline thing with other haircolors and I have NO PROBLEMS with staining. But this stuff? YIKES. Stains galore. One time my neck was stained so bad and nothing and I mean NOTHING would get it off, I even tried using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to try scrubbing it off. I don't recommend doing that. Yikes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by bettyhendel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the WORST hair color I have ever used. I've been coloring my hair for many of my 66 years and have never used a color product worse than this one. I just used it for the first time & immediately shampooed to try to get the stains off my scalp. Application messy & inconvenient. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I have been using this product for 2 years in shade 121A Natural Darkest Brown. I love it. Long-lasting color, excellent grey coverage, makes my hair shiny and glossy. Prior to this I was using Revlon ColorSilk, which damaged my hair horribly. Two years of using Nice n Easy and my hair is in beautiful condition, so no problems with damage at all.
Also, I love that they provide enough product to saturate all of my hair if need be, whereas with ColorSilk I found I barely had enough product in one box to do my whole head. And the gloves too- ColorSilk's gloves were so subpar I had to buy some gloves separately because I didn't want to use the ones that came in the box. The gloves that Nice n Easy gives you are bigger and are of higher quality. Sounds like a minor thing but it really does make a difference- how hard is it to provide some halfway decent gloves? It's very much appreciated.
And the post-dye conditioner that is provided is really, really good too. Better than it has to be. Seriously, Clairol should start packaging it in big bottles sell it on drugstore shelves next to all the other conditioners because this stuff leaves my hair super-silky. It's a great product by itself.
My shade 121A is excellent for rich, almost-black (but not inky black) color that lasts and is flattering. Doesn't look flat or matte at all. I love using it, it's like makeup for my hair.
My local drugstore had run out of my usual shade so I bought the next-darkest shade available which was 120. Like the reviewer below me, this shade turned my roots bright orange. Steer clear of that one.
But if you're looking for a quality at-home product to dye your hair almost-black but not goth-black (think Katy Perry) I highly recommend this in shade 121A Natural Darkest Brown.
A staple that I have repurchased countless times and will continue to do so. LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Liinabte

Never buy this product again. So today I dyed my hair dark natural brown 120 clairol nice & easy, the experienced was horrible. My natural color is a light brown so I decided for fall to dark my hair. I dyed my extensions that are the same color as my hair first with the same color 120 and the color came out to be almost black/brown and with my hair turn on to be red/orange on top and black/red on the half down my hair plus the ammonia damaged my hair and left it dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Clairol Nice n Easy Med Gold Blond color blend for many years.
Something changed. What used to give me nice caramel blond has given me the lightest hair color I have ever had. It has made my roots so pale I look bald.
The only thing I can think of is that it says "Natural" now, perhaps that is the change.
I am really unhappy and will have to think of something to do now.
UGH

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancy

I am reviewing Clairol Nice n Easy, 129G, Rich Medium Golden Brown. This colour is beautiful. Natural, shiny, just lovely. I used this colour on my already brown hair, to liven it up a little and get rid of my light ends. Leaves my hair feeling soft, silky, smooth & looking professionally coloured. Have bought it many times before (love its affordability) and will continue going back to this product :-) Well done Clairol!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

HORRIBLE! I used the Nice n Easy color in Light Natural Neutral Brown. My starting color was already a light brown, but my ends were a big lighter from exposure to the sun so I just wanted to deepen my color up a bit. This left my hair a brassy, golden, orange, red, DREADFUL color. It literally lightened my hair like I had bleached it. I was beyond pissed, let me tell you... I had to go back to the store and get a different color (natural instincts in medium brown #20 hazelnut) My roots still have a serious red tint to them, but the rest of my hair is back to brown with the natural instincts color.. Although it's a way darker brown than what I wanted.. Sigh. Don't make the same mistake I did. Do not buy Nice n Easy!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Jenntolove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It colored my hair very well. I only dyed my hair one shade darker, so I don't know how it would do for dying my dark hair, say blonde or something more extravagant. I liked the conditioner it came with a lot. And it smells pretty good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by GlosslipGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After spending too much money in Salons and often disappointed with results, I went back to this good old drugstore stand by. That was two yrs ago and I will never pay Salon prices again. The name says it all Nice and Easy!!! The color does come out darker ex: I have dark brown hair and I use Medium Natural Brown and it is a perfect match, shiny and natural looking! I also use this brands Root touch up every other month and its good as well. Why bother paying $60 plus bucks every 4 - 6 wks when you can get just as good results for less than $10.