New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan. Looked muddy and orange on my skin so I gave it to my sister. She put it on and got so frustrated with how terrible it looked that she threw it across the room and it shattered. Save the money, buy ELF

on 6/26/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is as good as it gets when you're talking about drugstore bronzes.
It is slightly orange (the least orange drugstore bronzer I've tried though) and therefore I wouldn't use it to contour. On the other side I could use this to warm up my skin though I barely use it for that purpose.
I actually like how this looks as a blush for my NW15 fair skin and that's how I use it.
It gives a pretty sunkissed look.
Overall I like it :)

on 6/22/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this bronzer so much. I just wish it came in more shades. The packaging is great. There is a good sized mirror and the compact snaps firmly shut. The sponge that came with it is pretty much useless. The bronzer itself is a light, warm brown that looks amazing on my light-medium Asian complexion. Doesn't look orange on me, just warm. It blends well, is super finely milled, and nicely pigmented. I wouldn't recommend this for heavy contouring though, as it is way too warm for that. I use this bronzer everyday and would recommend it to anyone that is in the light to medium skin tone spectrum.

on 6/15/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using NYC's Sunny bronzer for probably the last 7 years? I use it as a sort of "transition color" for my cheeks and apply it before I do my bronzing and contouring. After I apply my tinted moisturizer, concealer, and powder, I use a brush to apply this near my temples, cheeks, and neckline . . . then do my bronzing and contouring over it. It just helps warm up my face, and helps my other products to blend easier. I'm tanned (NC42?), so this is not orange on me. I've never had any problems with this breaking me out or causing skin issues. I have repurchased many times. This may not be THE BEST out there, but it works well for me. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it? lol

on 5/27/2015 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The quality/value is definitely good for the price, but the hype surrounding NYC Sunny seems to be due to the fact that it's "a matte drugstore bronzer that isn't THAT orange!" But, um, it's still pretty darn orange. It's not completely unusable or anything (the texture is average or maybe slightly above average), but eventually I just tossed out my compact because I never reached for it when there are SO many more flattering/natural shades of bronzer out there.

on 5/13/2015 11:40:00 PM

This bronzer is just ok. Flimsy packaging (It's NYC what do you expect?)
Sponge inside is useless.

Will not buy again.

on 5/6/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyone raves about this. It's pure orange. If you don't think it's orange you probably haven't used a real brown bronzer. :|

on 4/29/2015 4:11:00 AM

The number 1 reason I love this is because it's matte. No glitter! It's a great price, lasts a long time, you don't need much, and it's a pretty color. Not too dark or orange.

on 4/24/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted this for a long time and finally picked it up late last summer. I've waited a while to review it because I wanted to give it a fair shot and not jump to conclusions. It's a decent bronzer but please, girls and guys, please don't use it to contour. It's not a contouring powders. It's too warm for contouring, unless your skin tone is very warm or if you are self tanning and you happen to be a little orangey. This shade is very warm in tone and can be orangey on someone as pale as I tend to be in the winter time. When I use facial self tanner this looks good on me AS A BRONZER. I don't use this anywhere on my face except my cheek hollows and hair line. It is not appropriate for using anywhere else on the face--it could be used on the eye, I suppose, but I don't use it that way. The price is great for what you get--a huge compact of color. It's not chalky, in fact it's rather smooth and creamy. The packaging is fine for the price. NYC hit it out of the park with this one. I wouldn't buy it again as I will probably never use this use and I have other bronzers and contouring powders. I can tell why it's become a holy grail beauty product.

on 4/24/2015 10:36:00 AM

I had high hopes for this bronzer. Everyone raves about it, but it was very orange and chalky. It did not blend well. i do use it for eyeshadow sometimes, but would not recommend. very disappointed.

Popular Bronzers