New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 5/27/2015 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The quality/value is definitely good for the price, but the hype surrounding NYC Sunny seems to be due to the fact that it's "a matte drugstore bronzer that isn't THAT orange!" But, um, it's still pretty darn orange. It's not completely unusable or anything (the texture is average or maybe slightly above average), but eventually I just tossed out my compact because I never reached for it when there are SO many more flattering/natural shades of bronzer out there.

on 5/13/2015 11:40:00 PM

This bronzer is just ok. Flimsy packaging (It's NYC what do you expect?)
Sponge inside is useless.

Will not buy again.

on 5/6/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Everyone raves about this. It's pure orange. If you don't think it's orange you probably haven't used a real brown bronzer. :|

on 4/29/2015 4:11:00 AM

The number 1 reason I love this is because it's matte. No glitter! It's a great price, lasts a long time, you don't need much, and it's a pretty color. Not too dark or orange.

on 4/24/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted this for a long time and finally picked it up late last summer. I've waited a while to review it because I wanted to give it a fair shot and not jump to conclusions. It's a decent bronzer but please, girls and guys, please don't use it to contour. It's not a contouring powders. It's too warm for contouring, unless your skin tone is very warm or if you are self tanning and you happen to be a little orangey. This shade is very warm in tone and can be orangey on someone as pale as I tend to be in the winter time. When I use facial self tanner this looks good on me AS A BRONZER. I don't use this anywhere on my face except my cheek hollows and hair line. It is not appropriate for using anywhere else on the face--it could be used on the eye, I suppose, but I don't use it that way. The price is great for what you get--a huge compact of color. It's not chalky, in fact it's rather smooth and creamy. The packaging is fine for the price. NYC hit it out of the park with this one. I wouldn't buy it again as I will probably never use this use and I have other bronzers and contouring powders. I can tell why it's become a holy grail beauty product.

on 4/24/2015 10:36:00 AM

I had high hopes for this bronzer. Everyone raves about it, but it was very orange and chalky. It did not blend well. i do use it for eyeshadow sometimes, but would not recommend. very disappointed.

on 4/23/2015 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is actually really decent. It has good packaging and good colour payoff. For the price, this bronzer is excellent.

I won't repurchase because it doesn't do much for my skin. It's a little too close to my actual skin tone (when tan) and I don't consider it deep enough for when I'm lighter. I usually like more dramatic, darker bronzers and Sunny just isn't that.

However, it is a good matte powder that has a bit of shimmer that's subdued and natural looking. It wasn't chalky on me and didn't break me out. I actually wish it worked for me because it's so affordable and is a really good product for the price. It's cheap enough that people can easily give it a chance and try it out, and I recommend that. Even though it didn't work that well for me, I didn't regret the purchase and thought the product was well worth the money. I recommend this, especially for lighter skin tones and people who want a more natural, soft bronzer.

Perfect bronzer for fair skin, not shimmery, not orange, it's just right. I use this to contour my cheekbones, and it is easily blended and build-able. The packing is simple, functional and the product lasts quite a long time. This is a steal considering it is less than 3 bucks!!

on 4/15/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used this bronzer for about a year, hit major pan and thought my bronzer search was over. Then I discover Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil and The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 02 and realized that this NYC Sunny bronzer makes me orange. I didn't realize it at first because I didn't know any better. But the others are soooo much better. If you need a cheap, quick option for bronzer for fair skin -- this will fit the bill. But if you want something a little more natural-looking and more of a buttery texture -- opt for the other two mentioned here.

This broke me out :( I know this because I had small clogged pores and little whiteheads all along where I applied this (forehead, jawline, contour line)

The price is awesome $2.67 at Walmart, pigmentation is decent and packaging is simple.

Popular Bronzers