Carol's Daughter Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer (NOT styling foam)

3.3

Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja(Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Beeswax, Essential Oil of Lemongrass, Fragrance (Parfum), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Bicarbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxydrocinnamate.

on 1/18/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Works better than any other leave in for my black-Asian mixed hair. I've got thick, strong, fast growing unruly curls with massive amounts of frizz. The smell is light and pleasant. I use a lot though. For me, it's at least a silver dollar worth--two if I've just shampooed. My hair is shoulder length. I part and use a pic to detangle my hair. It dries nicely with this leave in. I get lovely spiral curls, which I touch up with a curling iron on low.

on 1/7/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a generous sample of this and just feel meh about it. It's VERY heavy and thick. My hair is very thick and coarse and long. I figured this stuff would be great since I have very wavy/curly hair. It's not. It just leaves a greasy and heavy feeling in my hair and my scalp itches lol. It feels dirty and not pleasant.

It's very pricey too, like $35 for this. I have gotten better and happier results from a regular mousse. It's nice that's its got natural ingredients and it sounds great, but its not. My curls and waves just dried all different ways and its a huge bushy mess. I would pass on this if I were looking for a good moisturizing mousse-type product.

on 11/24/2013 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I want to love this product but it's just no good for my hair. It doesn't completely define my curls and it doesn't hold for more than a day. I'd rather use L'Oreal Mousse without alcohol...it's the EverStrong line I think.

I have extremly frizzy curly hair that does not like to cooperate even on the best day. This is my weapon against it. I just use a dime sized amount and bam! curls not frizz. Expensive yes but so far this is a must have for my wayward hair.

on 1/7/2013 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is so far the only product that I like in the CD brand. Hair Milk is great for defining curls on my small crop and lasts well throughout the day. I find that it mixes well with water on my hair. The only draw back is that it's not the best smell, much like the Healthy Hair Butter it stinks. So I'd recommend finding a light scent satisfying spray to diffuse the funk a bit. Overall, it curls well.

on 12/22/2012 4:13:00 PM

I've tried a lot of frizz-reducing products and have not been very impressed. I have fine, frizzy, dry, color-treated hair that can be poofy. Since I started using this product, my frizzies have been more under control. After shampooing, I spray some Enjoy Conditioning Spray and smooth on the hair milk, and my hair drys very nicely with minimal frizz. I also like that this product doesn't have silicone, as I cannot stand the build up of silicone products.

on 11/27/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this item about 2 years ago and loved it the smell was so good! it smelled like lemon, i bought it just for the smell but it did help my damaged thick hair a bit. Its an expensive hair product so i waited til now to buy it again with a coupon for 30% off I got the small 2oz size for $6, I was so excited to smell it and to my surprise it does not smell the same anymore!! wheres the lemon smell???? that was the best thing about this product.. not worth returning so i hope it works the same but damn why did carols do this to hair milk!! One less expensive thing to buy i guess!

on 8/21/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have to use this in combination with other products because this gives me no hold or frizz taming; all it does is makes my hair soft, so I use it under gel or curl cream. I don't notice much of a difference if i don't use it, so will not re-purchase. Too expensive for what it does.

on 5/27/2012 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very dry, course hair which became this way due to a medical condition. Its so dry it breaks off. Yeah, good times;) I got a good sized sample of this and have used it 3 times, I've had 3 good hair experiences lately and those were the days I used this product. It basically calms all the frizz without leaving my hair greasy or weighing it down like other products often do. I find my hair looks more like it did when I was a kid, shiny, with movement (again, many products that help with frizz/ courseness, often do so at the expense of hair moving or looking very natural). It actually feels like I've got nothing in my hair yet even air dried, it looked good. And my waves were neither crunchy nor flat. I don't know the cost nor even where to buy it (got the sample in a swap I believe) but will go google to get this . I've spent a small fortune on products and have to use about 3, a serum or leave in conditioner, something for body that the first thing took out, and then a finishing/polishing cream or shine spray. I'm trying to simplify my routine and hoping this will give me more good hair days in the hot, humid, NYC summer coming up. So far so good.

on 5/22/2012 11:48:00 PM

I've been looking for a product that would enhance my natural waves and this was the best. It didn't make my hair crunchy and it helped with the frizz/fly aways too. I put it on when my hair is damp, but still kind of wet. I divide my hair in half and use about a quarter size amount on each section. I make sure to scrunch it to define the curls/waves more. It works really well for me and I just bought my second bottle.