August 27, 2014 | 1957 users online

Styling Products - Carol's Daughter - Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer (NOT styling foam)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I received a generous sample of this and just feel meh about it. It's VERY heavy and thick. My hair is very thick and coarse and long. I figured this stuff would be great since I have very wavy/curly hair. It's not. It just leaves a greasy and heavy feeling in my hair and my scalp itches lol. It feels dirty and not pleasant.

It's very pricey too, like $35 for this. I have gotten better and happier results from a regular mousse. It's nice that's its got natural ingredients and it sounds great, but its not. My curls and waves just dried all different ways and its a huge bushy mess. I would pass on this if I were looking for a good moisturizing mousse-type product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to love this product but it's just no good for my hair. It doesn't completely define my curls and it doesn't hold for more than a day. I'd rather use L'Oreal Mousse without alcohol...it's the EverStrong line I think.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by thenixiepixie

I have extremly frizzy curly hair that does not like to cooperate even on the best day. This is my weapon against it. I just use a dime sized amount and bam! curls not frizz. Expensive yes but so far this is a must have for my wayward hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

This is so far the only product that I like in the CD brand. Hair Milk is great for defining curls on my small crop and lasts well throughout the day. I find that it mixes well with water on my hair. The only draw back is that it's not the best smell, much like the Healthy Hair Butter it stinks. So I'd recommend finding a light scent satisfying spray to diffuse the funk a bit. Overall, it curls well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by csema8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried a lot of frizz-reducing products and have not been very impressed. I have fine, frizzy, dry, color-treated hair that can be poofy. Since I started using this product, my frizzies have been more under control. After shampooing, I spray some Enjoy Conditioning Spray and smooth on the hair milk, and my hair drys very nicely with minimal frizz. I also like that this product doesn't have silicone, as I cannot stand the build up of silicone products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by tanyagovea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this item about 2 years ago and loved it the smell was so good! it smelled like lemon, i bought it just for the smell but it did help my damaged thick hair a bit. Its an expensive hair product so i waited til now to buy it again with a coupon for 30% off I got the small 2oz size for $6, I was so excited to smell it and to my surprise it does not smell the same anymore!! wheres the lemon smell???? that was the best thing about this product.. not worth returning so i hope it works the same but damn why did carols do this to hair milk!! One less expensive thing to buy i guess!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have to use this in combination with other products because this gives me no hold or frizz taming; all it does is makes my hair soft, so I use it under gel or curl cream. I don't notice much of a difference if i don't use it, so will not re-purchase. Too expensive for what it does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have very dry, course hair which became this way due to a medical condition. Its so dry it breaks off. Yeah, good times;) I got a good sized sample of this and have used it 3 times, I've had 3 good hair experiences lately and those were the days I used this product. It basically calms all the frizz without leaving my hair greasy or weighing it down like other products often do. I find my hair looks more like it did when I was a kid, shiny, with movement (again, many products that help with frizz/ courseness, often do so at the expense of hair moving or looking very natural). It actually feels like I've got nothing in my hair yet even air dried, it looked good. And my waves were neither crunchy nor flat. I don't know the cost nor even where to buy it (got the sample in a swap I believe) but will go google to get this . I've spent a small fortune on products and have to use about 3, a serum or leave in conditioner, something for body that the first thing took out, and then a finishing/polishing cream or shine spray. I'm trying to simplify my routine and hoping this will give me more good hair days in the hot, humid, NYC summer coming up. So far so good.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

I've been looking for a product that would enhance my natural waves and this was the best. It didn't make my hair crunchy and it helped with the frizz/fly aways too. I put it on when my hair is damp, but still kind of wet. I divide my hair in half and use about a quarter size amount on each section. I make sure to scrunch it to define the curls/waves more. It works really well for me and I just bought my second bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MACHONEY

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a frequent user of Carol's Daughter products and I really wanted to love this Hair Milk. Unfortunately, this product did nothing for my or my daughter's hair. My daughter's hair is natural and mine is relaxed. This product was very drying and heavy on both of our hair textures. it did absolutely nothing. Like someone else stated before, the packaging sucked because it was very difficult to squeeze the product out. For the hype and promotions that was given to this item, it definitely was not worth the money. I will not buy again.