September 17, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Star Eyeshadow Quad

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by shadowlye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Discontinued but buy all of them that you can. I had the one with 3 purples and gold in it. Fantastic. I actually had to limit myself on the usage so I wouldn't plow though it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love a great purple shadow, but it's a rare thing. Usually it's too light for my olive complexion, ie chalky lavender. This is a set of 3 gorgeous purples and a golden yellow. The pigmentation is great, too. My only complaint is the tiny Barbie-sized brushes. They should just get rid of them and add more shadow IMO, but that is a tiny complaint. I love this so much I bought a backup.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jennadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased about 5 of these quads between 2002-4 and they were amazing. Star was my favorite with the dark purple sparkly liner. It was amazing. Still, the only eyeliner brush I can/will use is the hard candy angled brush.

In 04, I dropped Star and of course the only color to shatter was the dark purple. I didn't have the money to repurchase, but I saw it on ebay this week and went for it. The quads no longer come with a sparkly, stretchy case, the brushes are blue, not sparkly, and the shadows no longer have words printed on them. All of that is stuff I can live without, really. What really bothers me is:

Hard Candy has changed the formula! The dark purple no longer goes on at all. I mean, it's not even visible on my eyes. I tried wetting the brush, and still nothing. I even tried a couple of coats, nothing. It's absolutely terrible. I am so disappointed. I wonder if they were bought out by another company? Judging by their website they are going out of business. Not surprising because of this new crappy formula.

EDIT: The company emailed me and said the formula has not changed. I don't understand why it doesn't work now. Maybe my skin is different, who knows. But it's crap.

EDIT 2: I am an idiot. The original shadow quartet I purchased was Hypnotic, not Star, which would explain why the shadow isn't as dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ledisxo

Im really writing this reveiw for all the HC quads. They are very very pigmented and i luv that they have everything you need for a look the lil brushes are cute but really dont need to use since there so small. Great packaging just an overall good buy when there on sale. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2006 6:51:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have five of these thingies, when they first came out I wanted them all. The sponge applicator disintigrated right away. I use the tiny angle brush applicator now. The silver is rubbing off the case and I can't read the clever names of the colors. The dark sparkle purple color goes on wet as a smokey eye-liner. The irridescent is a browbone highlighter, the gold is on the lid, and the mauvey purple is lower lid eyeliner. Then I look like an escapee from the Cirque du Solei but I love it. I'm a brunette with olive skin and purple is just amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 4:54:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

The purples in this quad are nice, except I really only ended up using the really shimmery light purple shade. The gold is gorgeous. Makes me want to try the other compacts in this line. Only problem is that when I almost used all of the shimmery purple shade up, it broke and crumbled. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2004 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Diorgirly

first color is called flash, this is the most beautiful pale multi glitter purple (the glitter is really small and soft, unlike so many chunky glitters). next is creep, this is a highly pigmented yellow bronze color. next is rage, this is a velvet deep purple, the color is not flat, it does have some sheen to it. last color is soul, this is a dark sparely (almost none) glittered purple. all eyeshadow colors are long wearing. this pallet is so versatile, it can go from; day to night, sweet to sexy. all the colors can be layer mixed and matched. comes with two applicators, one is a little brush for eyeliner the other is a eyeshadow wand. both are so cute with glitter detail in the handle. great packaging, very cute. this is worth the price at $28, it comes with 4 eye colors so thats like $7 per eyeshadow. only reason why i would not buy this again is b/c it would last a life time. i use skinmarket Shimmy Fix for all my eye shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2004 11:25:00 PM More reviews by seratonin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of purple eyeshadow, but I've had an awful time trying to get these colors to stay put. For some reason 'flash' barely shows up on my very pale skin, and the pigment in 'soul' disappears in a few hours leaving just the glitter. I've tried using visine to give it some staying power, but no luck. The colors are all quite pretty, I just feel like for $34 I should be able to see them on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2003 7:48:00 PM More reviews by hunni07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Woah I love this quad! Perfect colors for me...I really like wearing purples with my blue/green eyes. I like the little gold flecks in it too, almost lights up eyes. I LOVE Hard Candy e/s and would def. buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2003 3:08:00 PM More reviews by fletch50

This is a good e/s quad from Hard Candy. It isn't my absolute favorite, but it is very pretty. If you are a fan of purple e/s you will really love it. The peach colour kind of reminds me of MAC Melon pigment. The colours are of great texture and blend very easily. They last all day and give a great smokey eye look. I am still undecided as to whether or not I will repurchase.