August 1, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme Lipstick

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

I got this in the limited edition shade of "Imagine This". It was part of the Festive Frost Face kit from November 2011. It was very moisturizing and looked good. It wore well, although must be taken off before eating or drinking, like most lipsticks.

I don't recommend MAC lipsticks or glosses if a person isn't in love with the MAC vanilla smell. I am not, so only wore this about once a month because of the scent. So after two years, the tube was only a third used and had to be thrown away because the vanilla smell that is unfortunately part of all MAC lipsticks started to take on a crayon smell. Good lipstick to use once in a while for a few years. But only two out of five as a score from me because I prefer scent-free lipstick that I am inclined to reach for more often, and because the smell turned after two years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Amplified Creme formula is my favorite of all of MAC's lipstick finishes. It is very moisturizing, the colors are always vivid, and I never experience any bleeding. I wish every MAC lipstick came in this finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

I think mac amp lippies are perfrct for girls who want high pigmented lippies that wont dry out your lips.
Cosmo was my first amp and mac lippy and it was love af first buy :p

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amplified finishes are my fav by far!!!

PROS:
-Long wearing.
-Gorgeous range of colours.
-Creamy texture but not too much.
-Not too matte not too sheer.

CONS:

-none.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore amplified creme finishes they r wow!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by jrbmua

Length of use: 1yr
Amplified is the type of lipstick consistency. I purchased the color "Craving" which looks like a deep pink berry and goes on just the way it looks onto my lips. Looks great on my Asian skin with yellow and olive tones.
PROS:
-Non-drying
-Great staying power for a creamy lipstick. I only reapply if I had something oily to eat like pizza or pasta.
-Great pigmentation, the color I saw on tube is pretty much the color that was on my lips.
-Does not seep into fine lines.
-Great price at $14.
-The rose pink shade I got really looks great on photos, makes my teeth and skin look brighter.
*CONS:
-None.
*Notes: All in all, a great creamy lipstick. Like other reviewers mentioned below, some of the other MAC lipsticks I have tried are a bit drying and would need a balm or gloss with it. But with the amplified consistency, I can wear alone. Not a fault of the product but I would not buy again only because I am shopping for greener makeup... hopefully can find a green lipstick that is as great and reasonable priced as this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Moonlight280

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have been using creamsheen over some time and thought about trying out other finishes. the MUA suggested amplified, and omg... its simply awesome. I got the fast play, it has pink undertones and complements my skin tone perfectly. Its now my everyday lippie. i apply it over burt bees, and end of the day my lips are as soft as ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by 8ball

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought there was nothing new under the sun when it comes to l/s. Now, I will only buy a MAC l/s if it is the amplified formula. It's creamy but highly pigmented and long wearing. It doesn't seep into the lines around your lips nor smear on your teeth. The price, between $14-16 depending on if it's a special issue, is very reasonable compared to other department store brands. They have mostly light colors except Dubonnet and another red. I guess most people want the paler colors. Me, I like gutsy, in-your-face colors like deep dark red. I wish they had more of them in Amplified forumula. Whenever a new collection comes out, that's the first thing I check for. Luster, luster, luster, cream sheen, glaze, yuk. Nice colors but that's about it. Finding a new Amplified is like finding a hidden gem.

I must say that "not all amplified are equal." I bought a very deep purple (Dark Side from the Venomous Villains collection) and it doesn't go on evenly. Eventually you get there, but you have to work it a little. I don't know the name of the collection, but they had a red color named Dangerously Hot that is one of my favorite colors in life. And it goes on evenly. In summary, it is long-wearing, has great coverage, looks creamy and is comfortable. Lipstick doesn't get much better than that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love MAC's Amplified formula. Very intense colour, creamy and not drying as compared to their Lustre, Satin and Matte formulas. It does provide intense colour with comfortable wear even for dry lips with just one swipe. Although if you have very very dry and peeling lips, it might be best to apply some lip balm or gloss over it. Also, the vanilla flavour makes MAC lipsticks so enticing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Sizzy96

Wow, this lipstick is long wearing and is very vibrant! I got this in a bright hot pink color called chaterbox. It's creamy but it stays on. The packaging is somewhat great in a way ;) The only thing I have to say about this lipstick is that the lipstick tends to have such staying power that if you mess up while applying your lipstick onto your actual upperlip, it'll stay there even when you try to rub it off. You have to use makeup remover to get it off which will take off your foundation. Other than that, I really like this. It's a bit pricey but once in a while, it's okay to plurge right?