November 22, 2014 | 2084 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Lengthening

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Skatax2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot. It doesn't do much in adding volume to the lashes but it does lengthen them (I am a fun of well-defined, clear, long lashes instead of thick, suffocated, mascara-glued ones). The pros of this product are the facts that it doesn't smell, it doesn't flake when applied, it has a small wand so you can reach smaller and bottom lashes as well, it dosn't run off during the day or sit in the corner of the eye, it holds a curl, it's not irritating to the eyes and it doesn't need rubbing to come off.
The problem I tend to have with this mascara is that you can't put many coats of it for a more dramatic night look as it doesn't add volume and sits on the already separated lashes giving a "spiky look" (although one coat is generally enougn). The price is also a downside (22 euros in my country) but I feel it worths the money..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It's not the most lengthening mascara in the world, but it's a pretty darn good product. Long wand. Nice bristly brush, creamy, non-clumpy formula and sharp, black long-lasting colour. The annoying bit is that there's always a little bit of mascara clinging to the tip of the wand, which I have to wipe off. I push it back into the tube, which is perhaps why the tube has lasted me this long (4 months of near-daily use). Still the bristles catch each eyelash, even the little ones, and coat them without leaving a gritty residue. It's a fantastic every-day mascara, doesn't dust away leaving powder on my cheekbones at the end of the day (I had a Revlon waterproof that did) and it comes right off with Clinique's Take The Day Off cleansing balm or Nivea's Refreshing cleansing lotion. You don't have to keep tugging at your eyes.
One day, they'll invent a mascara that doesn't give me black eye-goop. Until then, I have to say that this one doesn't sit in the corners of my eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by creissant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this mascara to be just an average product. It didn't smudge, it gave me longer lashes, but it tends to clump when I apply it. Not great, not terrible, and not worth the price to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by WindyCityGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara and it's tiny little brush head-I am so sick of these giant mascara brushes, are we giants and must use ginormous tools for our lashes now?

This is so easy to control, never has an excess of product on it (yet I still blot it just in case) like most other mascaras there is no way you can pull out the wand and use instantly, yet with this you can-

The brush is awesome, it's small, tiny actually but it's so nice to be able to control where the product goes and I don't know about you but my eyelashes aren't thick like horse hair, they are thin and so this brush does an awesome job of coating eash individual lash-Layers nicely and has done fine on me-

There is a waterproof one but I see no need in getting on since I live in Chicago and never ever are near water-Now when I go back home to Florida I'll buy the WP one b/c I am sure it's works just as well as the regular one-

But for $19 this beats out the mascaras I have: Chanel, Dior, Clinique, YSL and Lancome-

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2004 9:33:00 PM More reviews by divinevi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a finicky, specific formula. I loved the short bristles on the application brush. The formula causes your lashes to curl (it is similar to the Pantene shampoo recipee) after a few applications. I really enjoyed this mascara for the exact work I could do on my lashes. It has started to clump a bit recently and I have only applied it about 6 times - something any buyers should take into consideration. I ascribe this to a very special formula that doesn't age well in the wand container.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2003 3:03:00 PM More reviews by serenity

Not so fond of this one; I found it smudged quickly. But I do usually use waterproofs, so I am not sure how long it lasts in comparison to similar products. It does, though, apply nicely and lengthen without clumping.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2003 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Tanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara. It gives me long, dark, glossy looking lashes. It washes off so well, doesn't irritate my eyes at all. Most mascaras I've tried end up in the corners of my eyes when I remove it, but not this one. I have tried tons of mascaras and I am certainly buying this one again!

UPDATE: This product looks great when first applied. After a few hours, it somehow disappears. I don't get flakes, but it looses it's effect after a few hrs.