October 1, 2014 | 1202 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Lipstick in Deep Nude [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I turned to my trusty MUA friends to search for "Revlon" & "Nude" for a new lipstick (I need another lipstick like a hole in the head! But I need a DS pick-me-up & I've gained some lost interest in Revlon lippies so anyways that's my long-story-short...). Soooooo sad to see this lippie's been d/c!! That's a crying bloody shame coz it was such a nice color. I wore it in the mid 90s in prep school b4 I dyed my hair platinum blonde & got into Charles Of The Ritz Ruby Slipper. [not just sure NOW if I was channeling or trying to anyways, Marilyn Monroe or Courtney Love....). Anyways, I was going to buy a tube next DS run. Darn it!! Some of Revlon's colors have been popular sellers (dare I say, "cash cows") since the 1950s so I was surprised to see it d/c. Well thank you MUA for making sure I did not go on a blank mission all over my bigger town trying to track down a tube (YOU!! Pssst, you reading this! You know you've done that for a certain beauty product. At least ONCE!!!). I am going to go read your guys' reviews on some more (non-D/C) Revlon Nudes. If anybody has a fave nude please leave me a direct message, I am obsessed w collecting nude lippies (lipstick, gloss, whatever, etc). Thank you for reading, & if you still have a tube of this please enjoy it & wear it in all good health! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

I got this for like @2, I think and I never buy DS brand but I had a gut feeling this would be different. I dab it on and it reminds m,e of Laura Mercier's Mulberry Lip Stain I used to use. But this was a bit more moisturizing...This would be an HG backup from my Buttershine Apple Brandy..lasting and not too drying color on my tan- very tan skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wore Revlon Super Lustrous starting in the late 80s because the price point was perfect for my college budget. After years of using high line stuff, including bobbi brown, Chanel and Estee Lauder, I'm back to my roots. Super Lustrous gives excellent coverage, it's creamy without being too sloppy and it doesn't dry out my lips. Unlike some other cheaper brands *cough*Avon*cough*, I've never had a tube break or melt.

This was my favorite shade, and I'm appalled that Revlon has discontinued it (it's nowhere on the website). Luckily right now I'm on a retro kick, using most of the Revlon shades from the 50s, but it would have been nice to still have this one. Blushing Nude was another color I wore with ease; unlike most nudes which are either too beige or too gray, Deep Nude and Blushing Nude showed up nicely on my medium complexion without washing me out. I'm so sad Deep Nude is gone, but maybe some of the drugstores that haven't turned over their displays still have it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really beautiful lipstick color. I would mainly say that it is red, but not what you would consider a classic red lipstick....not like the reds in the Colorsensational line, that you would wear out to dinner in a really sexy LBD. This is more of an office-appropriate, or even an every day wear kind of a red, that is more natural looking and less of a statement color. I think it has some coppery tones mixed in, and maybe some burgundy. Describing makeup colors isn't my forte...sorry! I've been loving it with my winter clothes, but doubt I will wear it much in the spring and summer. It'll definitely come back out in the fall though. I really like the Revlon lipstick formula, and the fact that you can peer through the cap and see what the color looks like in the tube, instead of hoping for the best based on the little swatches on the display or bottom of the tube. For about $2, I'm very pleased with this purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this, but it came off too bright red on my already pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

This is one of a few great products that I've tried based on MUA reviews, and am very glad that I did. I'm Indian with a warm, tax complexion that is surprisingly hard to match with great lipstick shades, particularly neutral/nude ones. Deep Nude is definitely a soft red with a soft pearl (not frost!) finish that is neither too bold nor old looking. In fact, on me, it is almost exactly what the shade is named - a very deep nude that is truer to the natural pinks/reds in my lips than those awful beiges and browns that make everyone look like a corpse. This is very warm, with hints of coral. It is a fresh shade that will work year-round, is work/party appropriate, and best of all, it is a fun color that also doesn't make you feel insecure for wearing it. I got this at a BOGOF sale, but would definitely repurchase for the high-end formula (if not better than high-end) and great shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing warm soft red that looks great on my olive skin tone. makes my whole face light up. No scent and great wearabilty without it drying your lips. Revlon Super Lustrous is winner lipstick in the Revlon line, and this is a great color. I hope they are not discontinuing this since it's 75% off at CVS, that would be dumb of Revlon. I'm on my second tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this lipstick for 75% off at CVS for only $1.99. It's a fabulous coppery red brown shade, not at all nude as many reviewers below have noted. It's the right lip color to wear when a full on red is too much and it looks especially nice with Jordana Pretty Shine gloss in Delightful on top. There is no fragrance at all. I'll be picking up a second tube!

NC15 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I looked at the shade of this lipstick, I thought I wouldn't like this, but since it had so many good reviews I still bought it, and I'm glad I did, it's such a pretty color, I got compliments when I wore it yesterday.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 8:26:00 AM More reviews by balmmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are great--especially the cream shades. I don't ordinarily choose pearl lipsticks, because the shimmer can feel gritty and it's more likely to stray outside the lip line. There's a tiny bit of that with this shade, but not nearly as much as I expected. Maybe Revlon pearl shades are different.

My son chose this for me. I wouldn't call this nude or berry. On me it's a coppery red with shimmer. I don't normally wear red shades, but this has enough brown and a touch of I don't know, pinkberrycoral? So it works well with my light, warm skintone. I like buildable shades, and this definitely is one. That makes it really versatile and depending on how much you apply, wearable year round.

I'd repurchase, but I'd prefer it in a cream formula (which is why I took off one lippie.)