September 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Lipstick - Giorgio Armani - Sheer Lipstick #5

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 3:59:00 AM More reviews by midgetcoconut

Love this lipstick. Giorgio Armani and Stila definitely make my favourite sheer lippies. Not so sheer that you can't actually see any colour, but definitely not opaque. And the texture is lovely - glides on, feelings moisturising but not too slippery.

Definitely wears well - lasts fairly long for a sheer lipstick and wears away without making lips feel dry.

#5 is a gorgeous lightly burnt red colour. Hard to describe, but gives my lips a delightfully juicy reddish tint without being unnatural or over the top. One of my staple lipsticks - high praise considering the sheer number of lip products that I own. :-P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Blackberry_Girl

I read all the reviews before buying this one: some variation of red was the general consensus. I'd say it is a sheer brick red, but on my pigmented lips it's a YLBB. It just gives me a hint of color, not much. This is the softest, creamist lipstick ever. It feels like a dream. For me, this is a basic color that I can just throw on and go. I don't leave home without it. If you're lips aren't well pigmented this might seem to be a darker red than it is on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 4:46:00 AM More reviews by vvalencia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, this is the third sheer red I have tried. My first was #6, then #3 with the main difference being that #6 is more like kool aid red tint and #3 more of a brighter coral/tomato tinge. Then I tried this one and it is definitely more of a muted red with maybe a tendency towards brown since it's not as bright as the first two! I didn't think it would work for me at first, but then I wore a white summer top today and it showed off my lips well without being super noticeable. So far almost every sheer I try works, with the exception of the occasional one or two that match my pigmented lips too much and don't show up at all. Otherwise another winner for the GA lip sheers!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2004 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Suekay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my, this is really a pretty "soft red" indeed. It really brightens my face. I'm usually intimidated by red, but find this very wearable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 4:01:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

absolutely love this color. i went to saks to find #10 (great everyday color) or 11 (too pink) and found this after asking the ma for a great night time lipstick that added a bit more but wasn't in your face color. this looks awesome one me (fair asian skin). and i love the fact that you can layer on the color for more intensity. i wear this over my mac spice lipliner and use ga lip gloss #6 for a hint of depth. i really hope that they don't discontinue this color because i just became a fan for life. a great "soft" red!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2004 11:28:00 AM More reviews by bastet

This is one of the colours I would simply overlook at the counter when browsing. Luckily, the shade was pointed out to me by a friendly MA at SAKS, who said it would look perfect on me and suggested combining it with lip shimmer #2. I am happy I listened to him, because both are my current favourites. #5 is a matte terracotta red shade- a shimmer-free lipstick version of the lip shimmer #2 if you're familiar with that one. It's a YLBB but not nude shade. It goes on sheer and very moist-looking and can be layered for more intense colour. Like all Armani lipsticks it is taste- and scent-free, a big plus in my book! Unfortunately like all sheer lippies this doesn't last too long on your lips. The packaging is typically Armani- a matte sleek black plastic tube, very functional and stylish. Of course this lippie has also the Armani price-tag, but I find you get such great quality that it's definitely worth forking out the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2004 11:54:00 PM More reviews by kaeruchan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm SO happy that I tried this lipstick. It's a sheer, shiny, reddish brown. For me, it's my ♥HG♥ natural looking lip color. It brightens up my face ever so slightly. It makes my lips have that look that I've always wanted...plump and juicy! Who wouldn't want that? I will repurchase this over and over. In fact, I wonder if I should get a back up tube now?

My coloring is LLL, Becca LSC Nude, LM Warm Ivory, dk hair and eyes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2003 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wruw

Love this color. Its a sheer paprika color that just brightens up my face. Definitey a YLBB look. Very elegant. Love Armani colors!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2003 9:25:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Giorgio Armani lipstick sheer #5. This is a very pretty sheer reddish-brown. I think it makes a great looking Fall color.
I like the sheer Armani lipstick formulation - it can be layered to add more depth to the color. All in all I am glad that I added this color to my growing Armani lipstick collection.