October 24, 2014 | 1134 users online

Styling Products - Redken - In the Loop Curl Booster [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 6:54:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I really LOVE Redken Styling No 2 'In the Loop' curl booster - a few months ago I got a couple of bottles at 50% off which probably means it has been discontinued. I've been using it for years on my semi-thick naturally wavy hair - only in the summer though when it is humid can i really get a good "curl".

Just in case you can get your hands on this product here's my review:

There really isn't a scent to speak of, not perfumey at all. It isn't sticky like most of these curl enhancing products and it doesn't weigh my hair down. I spray a bunch of sprays on my whole head while scrunching my hair upside down - then I blow-dry with a diffuser. It doesn't give my hair a crunch which is why I love it. I'll scrounge around for more bottles of this and buy up whatever I find!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by fujiraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sticky and stinky, close to zero frizz control. I recommend John Frieda's Starlit Waves instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2005 4:19:00 PM More reviews by coqueleque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this a couple of months ago and tried it a couple of times, using different amounts. It left my fine hair very "greasy" and limp. I really was disappointed in it, and I would never re-purchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by KatieDee

This is, so far, the best product I've found for my hair which is wavy on a bad day, curly on a good day with a good cut. It's a very lightweight product, so I don't have fear of using too much. Adds a lot of curl without a lot of buildup, and no crunchyness at all. Not sure it's my HG hair product, but I keep coming back to it! It costs about $10 at my salon, and this bottle has lasted me 7 weeks so far and has about 1/3 of the bottle left, so pretty good value too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2004 3:41:00 PM More reviews by classiclucy

I found that this product does wonders to my curly hair. it's kinda a pain to spray it all over, and i wish it came as more of a gel-based product, but oh well, i'll still use it. smells good and recommend for everyone that wants to try a new curly hair gel.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by gonzo02468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have used this for a little over a year and it is a pretty good product. it does define my curls somewhat without leaving my hair hard and crunchy. doesn't do much about frizz though. it also works great to help out your hair and perk it up on the day after a washing. i have bought this repeatidly and will probably buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2004 2:42:00 AM More reviews by misscolleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a sample size of this and while I want to like it, I just don't. It makes my hair crunchy and gross, not curly and soft at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 10:36:00 AM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

DISCONTINUED PRODUCT
This is a curl booster designed for bringing out the curl in permed, slightly wavy/curly hair ONLY. Magnesium (salt) is the active ingredient that enhances curl/wave.

The package says" elimate frizz and give shine and manageability". I did not see that. I would recommend this for someone who just wants to add curl and wave. I spray on damp hair and then scrunch/use diffuser.

It can also be used the next day to "perk up hair" if not washing.

I have used a couple of bottles of this.

August 2004 Update: I am no longer using this product as I am blowdrying my hair straight. I would purchase again IF (big if!)I had a perm/shorter hair that I wanted to enhance the waviness.
UPDATE Fall 2005: I went to look for this product again and was told at the beauty supply that it has been discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 2:29:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another Redken disappointment. This product made my hair crunchy, sticky, and look awful. My husband got his hand stuck in my hair when he tried to run his fingers through it. Basically, this stuff is gross and not worth buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2004 8:27:00 AM More reviews by incoehoots

I don't like this one at all. it is really sticky and bugs love it for some reason. I have this on my swap list if you want to try it. From what I have read it works good for others, just not me.