August 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Eye Shadow - Shu Uemura - M Beige 800

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the "blackened gold" references in the below reviews. M Beige 800 is a cool-neutral, matte ivory, at least it has been since I first bought one in the early 00s. It is also the best highlighter color I have ever used. I am starting my second pan, and that's really saying something, as I am very fickle and rarely finish anything, let alone repurchase. The texture is like silken butter and it blends like a dream. Though it is a matte, it never looks chalky or dry on my lids.

I generally apply this as a wash to cover eyelid discoloration, and then pat a very thin second layer under the brow bone. Instant brightening. It also looks nice when applied with a pencil brush around the inner corner of the eye.

Shu uemura improved the packaging when he discontinued some beloved colors (M Grey 943), and the pans are so easy to depot. The only nit is that when you're getting near the end, the edges crumble, but if the shadow is still in its own compact, it's fine to use. I hope they *never* discontinue this color, as well as M Beige 804.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a light beige, almost white, perfect as a base color or highlighting on my brow. I use this all over my eye then a darker brown in the crease. Good staple e/s, high pigment (mac vanilla is a similar color, but the pigment was much much lower in the mac) will definitely buy again as I am on my second one of these. Perfect, perfect staple color that any shu lover should have.

This was my first shu case to break, however.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by signsoflife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like Crymeariver, the M Beige 800 I bought is a beige and not a blackened gold. This neutral color is perfect for my lids as a wash and/or highlighter under the brow; slightly lighter than my lid color but not pink-toned, this is what I wanted M Beige 804 to be (but I'll keep on using that one until it's gone). The quality is almost creamy (go Shu!) and continues my love affair with Shu Uemura eyeshadows. I would repurchase in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 7:22:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite a strange shade. This is a blackened gold with gold shimmer, quite hard to explain, but looks lovely with most eye colours, as I have seen from first hand experience. It looks frightening in the pan but looks lovely on eyes! Quite sheer, so you have to apply more for a deeper look. Love to use this with MAC Rosemary and Thyme lined at the bottom!