Mary Kay Mirage Eyeshadow

4.2

on 12/17/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Both shadows are pigmented and the staying power is pretty good.It doesnt crease.I prefer the purple in this duo because I find it hard to work with the blue on its own.I find it hard to wear blue eyeshadow in general because it looks so clownish to me.So I mix the blue and purple together so its more wearable.Other than that,its a lovely eyeshadow duo.

I have PPP skin w/ rose undertones.
Things this e/s does well:
1) both colors (a clear, crayon blue and a light, flowery violet) are very pretty and soft and build nicely
2) they work great when wet as e/l
3) they don't seem to fade, crease or dust off over the day

Things it does poorly:
1) the packaging is AWFUL. if you don't have a mary kay carrying case to put this in it can be a pain. Keep the box to put it in if this is the case.
2) it's a bit pricey for how tiny it is

I wouldn't buy it again because I don't like the purple *that* much. I wish I could buy the blue separately when it runs out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The blue in this combo is especially pretty. I would say that this combo is right up there with high end eyeshadows. Very pretty.

on 1/14/2004 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This e/s dup is so pretty to look at but thats about as far as it goes with me. t's been sitting in my palette and I don't know what to do with it. I tried the purple side on my lid. WHOA! Was is bright! Definately an evening color because of it's intensity. Same with the blue side. It's like an electric blue. Fun but I won't get again. Great e/s formula though.

on 10/15/2003 3:51:00 AM

I initially used just the shimmery true blue, but recently started using the lavenderish light purple. They are BEAUTIFUL! A great duo, or blended together work too. They layer well and really make my eyes pop...even wearing too work, not cheap garish
color, sexy yet subtle.

on 8/3/2003 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mirage is SUCH a pretty shade! A cobolt sorta blue on one side and a lilac shade on the other. I actually mix the two shades together to create a unique and beautiful shade! I am just getting in to MK shadows, but these are some of the most densely pigmented shadows I have ever worn... I'm amazed at the great quality! The packaging stinks... but the shadow quality is amazing!!! This is high end stuff at a low end price!