September 16, 2014 | 1795 users online

Shampoo - Bumble & Bumble - Seaweed Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

I've used this twice so far(not with the accompanying conditioner, as I figured it wouldn't be moisturizing enough for my dry hair). Although it's hard to tell how much a shampoo contributes to the end result of your hair after applying conditioners and styling products, I quite like this so far. It seems fairly gentle; I feel like my hair is clean but not stripped. I only use a little bit and rub it into my roots. It lathers very well so a little goes a long way. I notice after I have shampooed my hair feels softer and easy to comb through. Usually it's difficult to run a comb through my hair after a shampoo and it feels rough until I condition. I said I would repurchase, but I really want to try BB's Gentle Shampoo after this. If I end up preferring the Seaweed to that then I will repurchase. I will update review after I've been using longer.

EDIT: took off a lippie because even though this is somewhat conditioning, Living Proof's Perfect Hair Day Conditioner cleanses just as well but is soooo much better and more conditioning. This stuff isn't bad, but it just cannot compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect for my fine hair and families hair. I feel it cleanses better then aveda and red ken. I love it..just got the large bottle from sephora!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by astroglidealyssa

Gentle yet cleansing and removes product/build up but isn't too stripping like a clarifying

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo! It leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean. Adds a bit of body to my fine hair. Has a nice, pleasant smell. Have used up two bottles of the shampoo already, but none of the conditioner. It is a bit pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by jleelee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Such a shame!
I really wanted to like this shampoo. Love the packaging and the smell was good.
I have naturally long thick wavy hair, which i tend to air dry.The first time I used the shampoo along with the matching conditioner, my hair felt disgusting! I gave it a couple of more attempts but had the exact same results. My hair felt heavy and dry, as if all the natural oils had been stripped. It was gross. Save your money and don't bother.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Rachel008006

I wish I liked this more.
Having fine, wavy hair, this shampoo gave a really nice clean feeling, but the conditioner is too weak. Overall the set left my hair dry, and my scalp is naturally oily. This shouldn't happen. These also really dull the overall look of my hair, they do nothing for shine.

I really love how this couple has faint to no scent, so it won't compete with perfume or any yummy hair oil you'd want to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by chachamusicgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo works great to clean my oily scalp. It smells fresh and bright and cleans my scalp with just one lather. I love the translucent consistency because I hate creamy shampoos. I wash my hair every other day and I can use this twice in a row without it drying out my hair. I normally use this in rotation with my other two sulfate free shampoos, Terax Collagene shampoo and Terax Miele shampoo. This seems to be a good shampoo for getting rid of build up as well. This product is definitely good enough to repurchase, but since I like to try new hair products, I don't know if I will repurchase this when it runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

This is one of the most expensive shampoos I own so I expected it to do wonders on my hair. However, I felt that it dried out and stripped my hair and caused a lot of fallout from me trying to detangle it in the shower before applying conditioner. I don't care for the smell that much either. I will continue to use it up until it runs out because it was rather pricey but I will only use it about once a week a a clarifying shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by moggi

I was afraid this shampoo might smell fishy, but it's a fresh, summery scent that makes me think of the beach. I also like the luxurious consistency. It leaves my hair feeling clean. The drawback is that it's pricey. I try to use it sparingly, to make it last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I haven't written a review for this shampoo yet. I have been using it for about two years now. In the past, shampoos that have worked for me are: Pureology, Fekkai, Phyto Honey blow drying shampoo (This was an HG but I never see it around anymore I guess they d/c'ed it). I have very thick, chronically highlighted hair (for the past ten years), thats wavy and can be frizzy if I let it do its thing (ha, fat chance at that!). My scalp can be oily but the ends are dry, which makes for hellish hair to style and manage especially being busy in school.
This shampoo is fantastic. I have to say a few times in the past two to three years that I've been using this, I've noticed some dandruff but if I use Selsun Blue once every two months or so and use this every time in between that's not a problem. Honestly I don't think the dandruff can be blamed on the shampoo. It's probably the things that USUALLY cause dandruff biologically speaking haha, like moist scalps and tying back your hair when its not all dry etc. I do love this shampoo for the following reasons:
-it is really light and I can shampoo once or twice with it, cleans really well both ways, and removes built up product.
-the bottle is transparent, so thank god you can see when you're running out. Running out of shampoo in the shower is almost as bad as running out of toilet paper on the toilet....
-I like the top which is a typical snap open snap close bottle like Pureology's. I don't like the pump kind because the shampoo inevitably congeals into this clumpy goo at the end that falls off as a crusted shampoo booger and grosses me out.
-It smells great, light, and does a thorough cleansing job.
-Doesn't make my highlights brassy! Good for colored hair.
-Relatively small bottle, can be transported easily.
-Around where I am, B&B is so easy to find its in virtually every store and salon, so it makes it a much better buy than say Pureology or Phyto which are so much harder to come by.
Now, cons:
-Price. $22 is a bit steep, but still not too bad compared to Pureology and Fekkai which I have used in the past. Nonetheless I believe Redken is cheaper for instance.
-I don't like the accompanying seaweed conditioner, its not enough for my colored hair. I use Fekkai's color technician conditioner with this.

That's about it for cons though. I love this shampoo its fantastic and I'm a disloyal user to most products but I'll keep buying this so long as it works and its worked through the thick and thin of medical school haha. So definitely I would buy again! B&B, and sephora, are pretty good about giving out samples and shamelessly marketing this brand so if you're new to it, ask for a sample and you might be able to try it on your own without having to shell out and regret.