April 19, 2014 | 1735 users online

Masks - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

I bought this as I couldn't buy the clarifying face mask from Proativ (as I live in Ireland). Sadly, it didn't live up to the hype for me. Just no major benefit. I hear Glam Glow mask is supposed to be good, so am saving my pennies for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Normally clay masks do over-dry normal to dry skins, but this does not. They also tend to be bad for sensitive ones, but this does not. Highly recommended for aging, sensitive skins which need to be clarified.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by AshleyAesthetics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You don't necessarily need oily skin to benefit from this exfoliating clay mask, you don't even need to be acne prone. However, if you do experience oily/combo skin issues, you too are only a few minutes away from having more balanced, even, smooth, glowing skin!

If oiliness isn't such a problem for you, massage onto face and neck in the shower to keep warm and moist as you are busy cleaning your hair and body... let the clay gently buff away dirt and dead skin, and light chemical exfoliators brighten and deep cleanse while you do.

For those of you who are oily, use as an exfoliator and deep cleanser in the shower as I suggested above, with the added benefit of softening pore cogestion, but another way to use it is by letting it dry on the skin, reducing excess oil and impurities from the upper layers. This will help to refine pores.

If you know how to correctly, this is the perfect time to extract any blackheads you can get, but hurry and always be gentle. Follow with an antibacterial solution if you've extracted anything.

Follow immediately with your favorite moisturizer. If you're oily, that still means you, though you'd have to choose something hydrating and not oily.

This is a great clay mask that has a lot of power without being too much for even sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by msweeneyttu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mask and like how it leaves my skin tight and fresh. I usually use about once a week to deep treat my face and help with my adult acne

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ShineeBee

I have finished the whole product and I have to say, even though it is expensive, it does what it suppose to do.

It helps with skin congestion. My old cleanser was cleaning my skin well so I didn't see a big differences. However my new skin cleanser was not as effective therefore my skin was really congestion. I stopped using this for a few weeks due to skin sensitivity reason. But after using it again, it greatly improved my skin. I could see a differences after I wash it off.The congestion have gotten a lot better. My pores were minimize.

If you have sensitive skin, this may irritated it a little. But test it out before you purchase. It's good for those will oily and congested skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by puxa1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Despite the price tag, and it is only a basic clay mask based on kaolin I would highly recommend this product. It really purifies, does not leave the skin feeling tight. It really makes the skin glow which is attributed to the hydroxy acid ingredients. Even though it contains parabens I would still buy it. Prior to this product, I was using Omorovicza mask which lately was not delivering any results. My only complaint is that this product is manufactured in a jar. Also, Skinceuticals does not provide a spatula with the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by kimclara

totally worth it, it was my first time using this product and i do not regret anything it makes my face feel fresh, clean, and younger!
i checked out some websites that carried this and noticed it was a bit pricey but i found one website which was price reasonable at SkincareMarket.net

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely worth the money. I was introduced to this product by my asthetician who used it the week following my chemical peel. The results were glowy, clear, less oily skin. Your face does not become so dry with this mask that it's irritated. On the contrary it seems to soothe and calm breakouts. Can't tell you how many times in the past I've used other masks that left red bumps. This product is excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mask! I went in for a facial at the dermatologists and the aesthetician used this on me and I simply had to purchase it. It's a bit pricey, but better than going in for facials on a regular basis!

I apply this after a shower, so my pores are steamed and my skin is moist. It does tingle a bit when first applied, which I like--I feel like it's doing something. It doesn't dry and crack like other clay masks, which are too drying for my skin. And it cleans my pores like nobody's business. I can actually see stuff sticking up out of the pores around my nose right after using this, and I've started scraping my nose with the Tweezerman blackhead/blemish extractor following this mask for maximum benefit.

I've been using this a couple times a week for 3 months now and can't imagine being without it. I had been hoping to try this to spot-treat pimples as others have mentioned, but my skin has been spot free since using it, so I guess I won't complain about that!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by chaque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mask. It is the first mask that I have used and seen a real difference with. My skin feels great and my pores look better than ever. You only need a tiny amount so the jar will last for a long time.

I have been using it for about six months now. If something changes, I will post an update.