September 16, 2014 | 1825 users online

Masks - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A very good clay mask wihich is not overly drying but - way, way, way overpriced as all SkinCeuticals products are. For that reason I will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Among the thousands of clay masks, this is an exceptionally good one. For people like me with weird skin, this is a godsend.

My skin has almost all of the skin issues you can have: rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, congested skin, blackheads, sebacous filaments, pigmentation, melasma and dehydration. Basically, it is hyper-sensitive combination skin with a drier t-zone. I break out mostly on my chin area due to hormones and the break outs leave dark marks on my skin.

I struggle to find products that work for my sensitive skin and dont trigger my rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.

Its especially frustrating as I have congested skin with lots of subcutaneous clogs on my chin and they usually recommend BHA and AHA for this. My skin refused this ingredients and the only thing I could do was getting regular facials. But even with the facials, my skin would clog like crazy.

Enter this mask. It has AHA in it, so I thought, this would not work for my skin and rather make my skin burn or get irritated. And Im usually not a fan of clay masks as they tend to dry out my already dehydrated skin and leave my skin dehydrated and dry as a desert.

I got samples to try this maks out and I was amazed. This mask makes my skin so smooth and glowy while reducing the clogs significantly. My esthetician used this generously on my skin as I gave her permission to use this after the extractions (yes, she needs permission as my skin is that sensitive).

And what can I say? My skin glowed and really drank up the Hydrating B5 Serum that she used afterwards. That is one effect I really like: This mask makes the skin ready for the hydrating and nourishing skincare you use afterwards. My skin really soaked up the serum and was plump and smooth afterwards. No mask ever delivered this results.

At home, I use this as a mask either all over my face or just on my t-zone, depending on the state of my skin. I also use this on spots as a spot treatment. I make sure to always use a serum from Skinceuticals after this, mostly the Hydrating B5 or the Phyto Corrective Gel. This combo makes my skin look fresh, polished and plump.

I wont lie to you and say that this solved every skin issue I have. I still break out on my chin and have pigmentation from my break outs. But this mask calms the break outs, helps with my congestion and reduces the pigmentation after break outs. It makes my skin smooth and more receptible for the serums I use.

Be sure to use sunscreen every day when you use this on a regular base as the AHA can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. I use at least SPF 30 every day.

Skinceuticals isnt the cheapest brand when it comes to skincare. I bought this online on offer for 41 EUR/55 USD, but the normal price is 60 EUR/81 USD here in Europe. But it lasts a long time and it really delivers good results. For me, this is totally worth the money and with my skin issues I have to invest in good quality skincare products. For people with totally unproblematic nice healthy skin, this might not be wirth the money.

Ive decided to throw away the cheap products to concentrate on using a few effective, maybe expensive products, instead of using many products, which eventually irritate my skin.

Id clearly recommend this mask for people who have sensitive, dry or ageing skin with break outs or clogs.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

I think this is a good clay mask for detoxing. Its expensive, but its going to last a long time. Ive used it for 2 months now, and I have rather sensitive skin prone to congestion.

I just put it on for 15-20 mins and use a wet washcloth to wipe it off.

On its own it doesnt do much for congestion. It only seems to bring up the congestion to a head so that it is purged out of the skin. I seem to get those small white pus-filled pimples after I use this, and they would go away in 1-2 days.

However, the past 2 weeks Ive been using a BHA every night and I used this twice in these 2 weeks. Wow, the BHA has been bringing up a lot of pimples, and this has cleared them up very quickly! My forehead is now pretty much smooth after months of congestion.

I think this is a nice mask to use, like a good way to treat yourself. It does make my skin feel really nice and clean afterwards. I like that it is not drying unlike some other face masks.

Its also good as a spot treatment for those pus filled pimples to really draw all the gunk out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

An excellent mask by Skinceuticals aimed not only at congested skin but for more general detox and refining facials. At the start I wasn't sure it was going to be right as I have normal dryish skin but now, after six months of use, I can't live without. It's a weekly treat, I like to have a pampering Sunday , do my hair, my nails and a relaxing facial. On Monday I can always see outstanding results. The skin is definitely more plumped and compact, bright and even. I really like the feeling of what I see I the mirror and the make up glides on and looks flawless. I always make a point of using it before a date or important event. Expensive but I'm happy to pay when I can see the results.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

I bought this as I couldn't buy the clarifying face mask from Proativ (as I live in Ireland). Sadly, it didn't live up to the hype for me. Just no major benefit. I hear Glam Glow mask is supposed to be good, so am saving my pennies for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Normally clay masks do over-dry normal to dry skins, but this does not. They also tend to be bad for sensitive ones, but this does not. Highly recommended for aging, sensitive skins which need to be clarified.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by AshleyAesthetics

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

You don't necessarily need oily skin to benefit from this exfoliating clay mask, you don't even need to be acne prone. However, if you do experience oily/combo skin issues, you too are only a few minutes away from having more balanced, even, smooth, glowing skin!

If oiliness isn't such a problem for you, massage onto face and neck in the shower to keep warm and moist as you are busy cleaning your hair and body... let the clay gently buff away dirt and dead skin, and light chemical exfoliators brighten and deep cleanse while you do.

For those of you who are oily, use as an exfoliator and deep cleanser in the shower as I suggested above, with the added benefit of softening pore cogestion, but another way to use it is by letting it dry on the skin, reducing excess oil and impurities from the upper layers. This will help to refine pores.

If you know how to correctly, this is the perfect time to extract any blackheads you can get, but hurry and always be gentle. Follow with an antibacterial solution if you've extracted anything.

Follow immediately with your favorite moisturizer. If you're oily, that still means you, though you'd have to choose something hydrating and not oily.

This is a great clay mask that has a lot of power without being too much for even sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by msweeneyttu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mask and like how it leaves my skin tight and fresh. I usually use about once a week to deep treat my face and help with my adult acne

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ShineeBee

I have finished the whole product and I have to say, even though it is expensive, it does what it suppose to do.

It helps with skin congestion. My old cleanser was cleaning my skin well so I didn't see a big differences. However my new skin cleanser was not as effective therefore my skin was really congestion. I stopped using this for a few weeks due to skin sensitivity reason. But after using it again, it greatly improved my skin. I could see a differences after I wash it off.The congestion have gotten a lot better. My pores were minimize.

If you have sensitive skin, this may irritated it a little. But test it out before you purchase. It's good for those will oily and congested skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by puxa1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Despite the price tag, and it is only a basic clay mask based on kaolin I would highly recommend this product. It really purifies, does not leave the skin feeling tight. It really makes the skin glow which is attributed to the hydroxy acid ingredients. Even though it contains parabens I would still buy it. Prior to this product, I was using Omorovicza mask which lately was not delivering any results. My only complaint is that this product is manufactured in a jar. Also, Skinceuticals does not provide a spatula with the product.