October 24, 2014 | 1768 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Straight

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

Bought a .5 oz. of this in a set along with B & B Thickening Spray and I must say I'm quite impressed. This morning I sprayed Thickening Spray from my roots to mid shaft on towel dried hair and proceeded to blow dry my roots upside down to add volume. Then I spread Straight from mid shaft to ends and finished drying my hair section by section with a round brush. I'm about to go to bed now, and not only is my hair very soft and smooth, it has lovely body to it. Usually when I blow dry my hair straight, by the end of the day the ends have curled up and the roots lack body/volume. Not today. My hair still looks great! I am planning to go buy the full sizes of both of these products this weekend. Although they are quite pricey it's worth it to me if the product is great. And I've found I only need a small bit of product for each section of hair so this should last me a long time. And I'm someone who tends to be over zealous in my hair product application which means I'll run through an expensive bottle of product really fast, then not want to repurchase because of the expense. I just went through a $35 bottle of Tigi S Factor Flat Iron Defender in six weeks and who can afford that? Anyway I've just gotten into Bumble and Bumble products and it seems like their stuff is usually quite good. My general impressions are that their products tend to be lightweight and so layer well with other products. They tend to be only lightly scented as well and so not offensive to the nose (unlike some other high end lines...Bed Head). Will be trying more B & B soon. Very happy with them so far.

Edit 4/15/14
I took off a star because I found a product I like even more, Living Proof Perfect Hair Day. PHD makes my hair slightly softer than this, yet gives more body. It's also silicone free so it doesn't make my hands slippery which makes it difficult to grip my hair brush and blow dryer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lisa09xx

This product is what I've needed my whole life!
It is amazing. I have long thick, wavy/curly hair that gets very tangled easily, I have tried product after product to help manage my hair so i can easily style/straighten and blow dry it and this does it for me! put it on damp hair, blow dry it out, and there is no frizz and looks amazing without even a need to straighten it.

it is VERY pricey, $48 here in Australia, but it does what I need, so i would re purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

OK, so I didn't like this the first time I used it but I admit I rushed to judgment. This smells so good I might even repurchase. It helps with styling somewhat, but it really doesn't do a lot to assist with straightening so if that's what you're looking for, you should probably not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a HUGE Bb fan from way back, so I hate to not like one of their products, but I just don't like this one. I have a lot of fine/medium curly/frizzy hair. Initially, I did like this product but I feel that it builds up in my hair and leaves a waxy residue. My hair is a little dull and not quite as soft as it could be. It's like a coated soft. I do think that this probably works great for coarser curly hair, and is worth a try for those women. Obviously, a lot of people like this product. For me, I'm sticking with my Kerastase Nectar Thermique. It's a little more expensive, but my hair is much happier with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by LandCam180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only have the travel size in this styling product because I don't often spend time styling my hair but from what I have used of it (and that is most of it), I am really pleased.

I use this while blow drying my hair with a round brush and it does everything it says it will. It holds the style, it keeps it sleek and it does not frizz; static is another matter though than con does not outweigh the pros of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

doesnt really help straighten,but hair does feel softer after blow drying, and its too expensive, any hair cream or gel which aims to defrizz could do. will no repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by laschnauzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the straight shampoo, conditioner, lotion and gel.
I do not use a flat iron and I have curly, voluminous hair. This line does softens your hair (especially if you add a bit of Moroccan Oil when done towel-drying your hair) but, of course, it doesn't make miracles and it won't straighten your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by brittanymonson

I have thick, wavy hair and this product gives me an awesome blow out (I don't even straighten after). It also reduced the time needed for blow drying. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way. I layer this product with the bumble and bumble prep.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by ccarpenter

I have been using this for about a week now and I love it! I use about a dime size amount and sometimes I mix some DeFrizz with it and love the results!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by stillhot

I have a serious flat iron addiction. Every day when I see new bits of breakage, I swear I'm gonna stop. But I never do. Like many others, I could keep small countries afloat with the money I've wasted on heat protective products. B&B straight works incredibly well. The difference between this product and many others is that the hair doesn't get a greasy or broom-like look. My hair looks straight but not limp. Extremely happy with this. The test will be one month from now, when there may be product build up. I am cautiously optimistic.