July 24, 2014 | 1636 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Prairie - La Prairie - Cellular Body Emulsion

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by juno2509

Me tiene enamorada esta loci�n!!! Deja la piel suave y con un olor fant�stico.
Es francamente cara pero comprarla de vez en cuando es un verdadero placer para mis sentidos!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by DearAlexandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Disappointed. I can't believe how many positive reviews there are here. I love and trust La Prairie in general for providing some of the best, most elegant skincare products but this one is one of their rare flops. Texture, scent, absorption are all good and what you would expect from a high-end line but... the *performance* simply isn't there. I expected at least a very subtle extra silkiness or slight glow or longer-than-average moisture retention and suppleness but this product didn't *do* anything other than behave like a decent drugstore formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Faye500

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Luckily i got this cheap from ebay. I would not pay the full price for this though. It does leave my skin amazingly soft but the pump is no good it squirts all down the side of the bottle so you have to clean it after every use, one pump does one arm for me so a little does go along way. the smell is not horrible or amazing its just average. I would buy again but only off ebay not full price. I think your paying for the name rather than the product if you pay full price. But definatly worth a try. If you want a cheap good moisturiser i think jergens is the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This emulsion is not bad but i've tried better. Leaves a great scent on the skin and adds moisture but not enough to last the day. After a few hours i will have to re-apply and for the price tag its not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by cocosilk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so glad I tried this product........ Thanks MUA for the reviews. This is my HG. It's simply stunning. It's silky, hydrating , very luxurious and I love the packaging. Like all la prairie products it's not cheap, but this is well worth it. I try to maximize this by alternating with priori hand and body lotion. Looks like my love affair with la prairie has resumed. Just wish it wasn't such an expensive love affair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I love the elegant bottle it looks sooo good in my bathroom :) Its creamy and hydrating and unlike other moisturisers it keeps me moisturised until i next shower...most body lotions only last an hour or so and then my skin is back to feeling dry. Its expensive, 72 in the UK (Selfridges) I didnt know if to buy this one or the caviar lotion but i liked the lighter scent of this one, the caviar one was too overpowering and i didnt like the scent at all. This one smells a bit like nivea though. I think in the winter this would be perfect but right now in the summer heat its just too over powering. Its slightly greasy and its heavy, it leaves a lovely glow but id much rather get that glow from a seperate product. If i have this on now (uk its 30c!!) i feel i need a shower after 20 mins, i ended up buying a cheap l'oreal body moisturiser and even though its for very dry skin it sinks in right away and after 3 min u cannot feel any cream on me...great for summer. I will have to put this away until around october...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by koren1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this lotion. I actually went out ond bought it after all the good reviews and was not dissapointed. Tha package is really classy with the glass bottle, the scent is typical of LP (I find it comforting and creamy). The lotion is runny so it's bound not to get stuck to the bottle walls when almoast empty, which I hate. But the main point is the emulsion is very hydrating. I have dry skin and I'm forever on the lookout for a body cream that would keep my skin moisturized all day. I've tried tons of creams and not one of the cheaper brands has left my skin moisturized for more than an hour. So from this point of view LP is worth the investment. I will buy it again, but will wait for some kind of offer (this time a got a full size LP hand cream for free that I will be reviewing later).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One week, I obsessed about this lotion. I wanted something extraordinary and scentless. DH hates me to come to bed with a trace of lotion or grease on me, yet I love to do a rub down with jojoba oil or a thick cream at bedtime.. So, I was convinced this emulsion was the answer. I obsessed and obsessed. You know what it is like when something has reached lemming status. Finally, there was a sale at Saks and I got it.

Well, I'd love to tell you that it stinks. Then, I could have returned it. No. It does not stink. It is lovely!!

I really like it, but I am afraid that this elegant glass pump lotion will be gone too quickly and I am not sure that I can use it every day for a year. No, I am sure that just is too indulgent. There's got to be a better way.

Well, I am making it stretch by using Bliss Naked Body Butter on alternative nights.

BTW - - DH did approve La Prairie Body Emulsion as a greaseless way to come to bed. But the price is a killer!

Update: You know, this product is really growing on me. It actually reminds me of another Swiss product that a sales girl tried to sell me 15-17 years ago. It was a cream made from the milk of mares. This is so expensive, I figure it has to be made of the milk of Swiss Alpine mares, but it is not listed on the ingredients list. I am changing my opinion on the product to yes, I'd buy it again. but only on a Saks F&F or other special deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

There was a time not long ago that i was obsessed about la prairie and got to the point of making my entire skin care line la prairie.
Cellular body emulsion was one of them!
My opinion on la prairie is that some products work and some not,and my skin stops receiving any result when it gets used to them.
The packaging of the body emulsion is a 250ml frosted heavy glass pump bottle,the pump dispenses a small amount through a small opening but its not that little as to continually pump out,one pump is enough for a whole arm.
The texture is white,milky and runny but creamy at the same time and it does cool your skin when you apply it.I personally used it on damp skin rather than dry as i felt it increased its moisturizing ability,nevertheless the ingredients are very good.
When i applied it on dry skin it felt somewhat oily at first and didnt feel very moisturizing but on damp skin felt more refreshing and a lot more moisturizing.
It does burn a little if you have sensitive skin but i guess its due to the acids it contains to exfoliate and smooth.
Plus it leaves your skin looking very glowy which is pretty sexy!
Overall i wouldnt repurchase and if i did i would stick with it for summer use,as for winter nothing beats my Body Shop body butters,my HG body moisturizers.
All in all a luxury splurge to feel pampered!

Ingredients:

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Isocetyl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Glycoproteins*, Panax Ginseng Root Extract*, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Squalane, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein, Phospholipids, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Protein, Leontopodium Alpinum (Edelweiss) Flower/Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Flower Extract, Salix Alba (White Willow) Bark Extract, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Extract, Xanthan Gum, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexane Carboxyaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Amyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Eugenol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by BONESPRIT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

a wonderful,satin cream it has a good smell and once you use it , your skin is very soft for all the day ..another winner from la praire !