July 25, 2014 | 1538 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Travel Brush Set

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is also a review 8pc Deluxe travel Brush Set (see picture).
When I saw this at Target I thought, I'd get this & I won't need any more brushes! But I was wrong. The eye shadow brushes hurt, they are so scratchy. The big fluffy blue brush sheds like crazzzy. I do like the lip brush. But this is not worth the money for one brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tousledelegance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Note: This review is for the 8pc Deluxe travel Brush Set (see image).

This set isn't awful, but it isn't very good either. It seems like something that would be better for a [pre]teen girl just starting to learn to use brushes instead of applicators pads. It has a nice array of brush sizes/types for most needs and at apprx $20, it didn't break the bank.

Before I bought it, I slipped my hand inside the box to feel them (shhh!) and they were soft between my fingertips. However, when I used them on my eyes, they felt scratchy. I also had trouble picking up enough product to put on. The bristles haven't really shed and the ferrules are secure. The handles are short, which is to be expected for a travel set, but not too small to use, so no worries there. The case looked like it would be handy- sturdy, portable, not too large, but I had issues with the clasp right away. I had to bend it a bit to get it aligned properly in order to close it; even then it wouldn't stay shut! The holder strips inside keep the brushes from falling out though, thankfully.

This is one of those products where the phrase "you get what you pay for" applies. Average quality, average price. Save up a bit for something a little nicer; it will be worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by cbcfourfivesix

cheap cheap cheap! Quality-wise, I mean. I am a firm believer in quality brushes, because you have to rub them all over your face/eyes. These were scratchy and of low-quality. I think I paid about $20 for the kit. Biggest waste of money. I would rather pay $30 for a decent brush than $20 for a crappy set (and I'm on a budget). The blush brush I got was very sparse, so it either didn't pick up very much product or it picked up too much. Either way, it looked terrible. The eye brushes are scratchy, and when I rubbed them on my eyelids, it made them red and swollen.

You should definitely invest in decent brushes (notice I didn't say pricey). Don't buy these.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by doriseses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such high hopes after hearing all the good things about Sonia Kashuk brushes...I decided to buy this instead of the full-sized brushes just to test them out. The case is very cute and convenient, especially the little mirror.
The brushes themselves are disappointing. The large eyeshadow brush and the crease brush are prickly and rough! I have to be so gentle and light when using them. The angled shadow brush and the smudge/liner brush are fine though.
I don't know if the full sized-brushes are any different but I would not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dayleerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I'm reviewing the right product; the brushes that I have are white and have two brushes on each piece. I have the contour blusher brush, powder brush, foundation and concealor brush, small eye shadow brush, and the angled eye shadow brush (and two others that I haven't yet identified). The only one I haven't used yet is the angeled eye shadow brush; the rest of them are great! The first use of the powder and blush brush left a few black hairs on my face, but not too many. After the first use I washed them and let them lay flat to dry overnight. I've used them about 10 times since and there is very little shedding. They're very soft and pick up plenty of powder. After using these brushes I will NEVER spend $40 on a MAC brush! These brushes were $20 at Target for 8 different tools (4 tools with two brushes on each). They're wonderful and a great investment!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by lindsey251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not a bad brush set, but it isn't amazing. I would definitely recommend something else though. But since I got it as a gift, I'll just use them. It comes with a lash/brow comb, small eyeshadow brush, angled liner brush, lip brush, medium eyeshadow brush, concealer brush, large eyeshadow brush, and a blush/powder brush. The brushes shed a little bit, but not on your face. Nothing too bad. First of all, my lash/brow comb came right off. The tip of the brush came off of the metal handle, because the glue was not on securly. Nothing a little hot glue can't fix though. The small eyeshadow brush is a little scratchy. But if you use a gentle hand it works fine. The angled liner brush is a miracle! It is so soft, and doesn't feel like synthetic bristles, so I love it to put shadow on my upper lash liner. But for cream liners I don't think this would work good. The lip brush it's OK. It's just a lip brush. Nothing special. I'm just not a lip brush person. The medium eyeshadow brush is kind of scratchy, but densly packed. I like it for applying one color strictly to my lid. The concealer brush I love! It has synthetic bristles, and works GREAT for setting your concealer with powder. I love it. The large eyeshadow brush I do not use. It's pretty scratchy in my opinion, but you could use it to blend out eyeshadow.
The blush/face brush is great! It is perfect for applying blush to the apples of the cheek. It is a bit small, but it works good. So overall, the brushes are pretty soft, and a decent set, but their not love for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The eyeshadow brushes are too scratchy. They are very unpleasant to use and scrape your eyes. Also, the brow brush came apart right away.

The blush brush is very soft and lip brush is nice. I would recommend purchasing these separately and looking elsewhere for eye brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 5:02:00 AM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the blush brush, its soft and compact. The concealer and angled brush are good BUT the eyeshadow brushes are a bit scratchy, even when washed. This would be convenient for travel, I guess and its pretty cheap, but it'd be worth it to invest in some BETTER quality brushes. The lip brush is OKAY, while the lash comb is useless. Unless you want a new comb for your Barbie :P

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Sylvia225

Sonia Kashuk brushes are great quality for a decent amount of money. I was very pleased with these brushes. I bought the travel brush set in a white case, and each of the brushes has a white handle. This set included an eyeliner/brow brush, powder brush, small eyeshadow brush, large eyeshadow brush, concealer brush, brow brush, and a lip brush. I use these brushes quite often, and think that they are underrated in terms of quality. Everyone raves about MAC brushes, and while those are excellent as well, Sonia Kashuk's brushes are just as good, in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by ViCi0USkittyx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for Christmas. I've used it since then and it's really only Okay, if that.

The lip brush was convenient because it was convertible BUT the bristles separated like the original plastic cover had pushed them down and wouldn't go back. Then it started shedding.

The large eyeshadow brush came apart. It unglued between the metal/brush and the plastic handle not too long ago but it's been loose since I got it.

and like others have said the lash/brow comb is completely useless. It doesn't lift at all.

The blush brush is lovely though. So is the angled shadow brush.

BUT overall you're better off buying decent brushes separately.