October 22, 2014 | 1393 users online

Lip Treatments - Jurlique - Lip Care Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is pretty expensive in singapore, about $40+ in retail stores. The biggest problem i had with these was that, it kept leaking oil!!!! It was really oily and it kept leaking from the ends and the cap. On the lips it felt really oily and shiny as well..it seems to keep my lips moisturized. Probably cause the oil from this balm was sitting on my lips the whole time! =/ So..expensive and not a good experience for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by nilikhosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst lip treatment product that I have used. I have dry lips so I have tried many products and wasted so much money away. This one is amongst one of the worse. It simply sits on the surface of your lips and does not do anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by shannycgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in the minority here, but I love this balm. It has a very unique consistency, in that it appears much thicker than it is in reality. It's quite slick upon application, but sinks into the lips in a nanosecond. It leaves my lips feeling quite puffy and plump, which is a welcome perk. Don't be detered by the relatively high price, there is ample amount of balm in the package (and only a small amount is needed with each application). I am a lip balm junkie, but this has instantly reached HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this lip balm alot. It softens my lips almost instantly after application, it does disappear on the lips after awhile, but it's really not a bad thing, it is because it's being absorbed by the skin. It keeps the lips exceptionally soft, supple, dewy and can completely erase the wrinkles and fine lines on the lips after a couple hours of application. It makes the dry dead flaky skin go away without scrubbing. The scent is very gentle and pleasant to me. I use it on my chapped nose in winter sometimes, it helps the skin to heal fast.

I have also used the Dr. Hauschka's lip balm and lip stick, they are somewhat similar to this but thicker. I prefer this Jurlique one to Dr. Hauschka's.

Yes it's expensive for a little tube, but I got it from a shop that sells the full range of Jurlique products at a discount and some come in salon sizes, and purchased it for almost 1/2 of original retailing price from Jurlique counter. The first tube has lasted for 1 year. This is the first lip balm ever I have finished using completely, it's rare to me and probably for many people? Because it's so wonderful that I always reach for it whenever I need some moisture and protection on my lips, refuse to pick one up randomly in a convenience store even I forget to bring it along with me.

Will definitely re-purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2008 11:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product as I was so excited to try it out. I was so disappointed!
I doesn't do anything to condition my lips. I felt all it did was sit on the surface and then just build up everytime I reapplied. I don't understand why and I tried using different amounts (using alot and then using a little bit, and somewhere in between lol) but nothing seemed to work.
Will not be purchasing again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by MeredithK02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I *really* wanted to like this. I love everything else I have from the Jurlique line, so I was excited to try this. I live in a really dry climate so my lips have been getting dry. This feels silky going on, but somehow made my lips drier...maybe the castor oil in the formula? I returned, and hope I can find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by strawberrysky

worst lip balm i've ever tried. left my lips dry and tasted disgusting.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:35:00 AM More reviews by mjolk

Really was surprised at how ineffective the product was. The balm dried up in a matter of 10 minutes, leaving me with even drier lips. And it had small exfoliating beads in it, which felt gritty on my lips. May as well have smeared olive oil and bread crumbs on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by kian

I love Jurlique products, but this lipbalm is disappointing. It has weird little grains in it, which is really irritating. I first thougt it was a flaw and bought another one some time later, but it has the same grainy feel to it. It mousturizes the lips fairly well, if you can get past the grains though. Would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by starrroth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product because like all Jurlique products it has a very natural feel and scent. Moisturizes my lips nicely and keep them that way for a long time.