October 30, 2014 | 1341 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ehartman

I discovered this product when I was about 18 yeArs old and I have been using it ever since. I am now 26. It takes some practice but so does everything else. The colors come in light medium and dark. Dip your brush into the wax and then to the powder flow a line along your arch and use brush to brush product upward into brow then use a spoolie (mascara wand) to brush harsh lines out and then clean up with concealer. This stuff stays all day and can give you a very natural looking brow or a dramatic brow.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by franteambreezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only bought this because I never bothered with my brows about two years ago and I was at a makeup counter and she sold it to me as I was pretty gullible! The product itself is not that bad and it lasted me a year with roughly still half left before I decided to check out other brow products. You also get mini tweezers included which work well but because they're so small they hurt your fingers and you can't hold them for long. The brushes are average...not bad for beginners or if you just keep them as spare. However you can get pretty much the same product for half the price elsewhere so wouldn't bother again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Demorte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is okay, a bit pricey for what it is. Might try some cheaper alternative before re-purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't even know why I gave in to buy this product. It's expensive and it's just OK for what it does. The little brushes are gimmicky and annoying to use and same goes to the tiny tweezers, which can't even grab the tiny eyebrow hairs properly.

The wax colour matches my eyebrows perfectly, however the powder is a little too reddish brown and it doesn't look good on my eyebrows.
This product is such a disappointment and waste of money.

The Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil is only a fraction of the price, matches my brow colour perfectly and you get the same/better results with it. I also started using the colour Espresso from my LORAC PRO eye shadow palette for my eyebrows. That's two birds with one stone.

Don't waste your money on this overhyped product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Mikey87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I swear this product is magic - it never runs out!!! It gives a beautiful colour and shape to your brows without looking too fake. The cream part is perfect for keeping your brows in place all day and the powder is great for extra colour and setting. This gives you perfect brows all day I love it :-) oh I nearly forgot to mention - the little tweezers work great and are very cute x

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was one of my biggest disappointments in my search for the perfect brow kit. Since I have dark hair, I was advised to buy the kit for dark brows, which turned out way too dark.

If I fill the brows with the powder, they get quite dark enough. Fixing them with the dark wax make them way too thick, dark and fake looking. So, if I use the powder, I have to fix it with the MAC transparent gel.

I ended up buying a Too Faced kit which works wonders for me. This was very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:51:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I like the powder and wax; does a good job of creating brows, because mine are really sparse. Only issue is that it tends to melt off toward the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using this brow wax/powder combo for a few months now, and I really like it. Maybe Benefit changed the formula or the undertones just aren't obvious on me, but I haven't had the red-orange tint with this product that many others have had problems with. The packaging is great, small but sturdy. I actually like the little brushes it comes with, but I can totally understand how they can be annoying to work with for most because of their small size. The dark one isn't really that dark, and the medium one is lighter than I expected, which is why I ended up getting the dark one. For reference: I have naturally dark hair that currently has highlights and lowlights on the top portion. I think the dark one would be suitable for most people in general because it is tinted enough to appear on people with dark skin, yet light enough for most lighter skinned natural brunettes. Ulta and Sephora have testers, so it's easy to find the shade you prefer.
The advice I would give to people when using this brow product is use the wax sparingly to outline and lightly fill in your brows because the powder will definitely deepen the color. I would use the wax and powder together because without setting your brows with the powder, the wax won't stay on very well since it is a wax made to be used with the powder as a setter, not alone. When used together, however, the staying power is pretty good. I live in a very humid climate, and in the spring and summer I sweat just from walking out my front door, but my brows have stayed looking good with Benefit.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Bclancy

I initially bought this in 'medium' on the advice of the Ulta SA, but had to exchange it for 'dark' because the medium shade was way too light for me. Only problem is, the dark shade is a little too dark. So I can only apply the wax very, very sparingly, or I'll look like Groucho Marx. Whenever I apply this product, I feel like I go from no definition at all, to really unnaturally dark brows. Maybe I should've stuck with the medium shade.

I would say the wax is kind of clumpy too. I haven't used any other brow waxes or creams though, so I don't have any standard of comparison. The powder is fine, although I don't think it's anything unique or special. The brushes it comes with are ok, again nothing special. I think you'd be better off using a quality full sized brow brush. The little tweezers are the only thing I use in a regularly. They are excellent. The packaging is cute, as one would expect from Benefit, but it is also sturdy, practical, and space efficient. Five stars for the packaging, at least. The product itself is mediocre. I hardly ever use it due to the color issues. If I could find the receipt, I would return it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find it really difficult to get the right shape with the angled brush, I noticed when you put the powder on it goes quite lumpy! I quickly changed back to a pencil although I do love the tweezers though they are great.