October 23, 2014 | 1335 users online

Pressed Powders - Trish McEvoy - Pressed Shimmer Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by nisey_nyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product in Nude as a bronzer (I'm very fair). The color is natural and can be worn in the daytime, even though it is shimmery. The color is a warm bronze, and the powder is finely-milled, resulting in gorgeous application. However, I am unlikely to repurchase based on the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 6:36:00 AM More reviews by anamarta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a super finely milled pressed powder. Itís just so easy to apply and it gives a wonderful shimmer to my skin, not overtly glittery but a great glow. I have this in Bronze, which is a wonderful colour for me. Iím a Stila C / 30 watts and Iím not a huge fan of intense bronzers so this is perfect for me. Just a lovely bronzy glow that looks perfect with a pop of colour in the apple of the cheeks. Itís quite expensive, it retails for £22 in the UK and as most packaging from Trish McEvoy itís just the pan to be placed in the planner page. Since all my stuff is in planner pages (I depot everything I can) itís not a problem but if you like to use a compact it will become too expensive. I would repurchase this shade because this is my HG bronze glow but Iím not tempted to buy in other colours. The quality is amazing but itís just too expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2006 8:53:00 PM More reviews by wifemate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Many of the shimmer powders are night time only, and if you have your picture taken, they reflect too much light and make you look greasy. Trish's shimmer powders are great for day...look very natural, a glow not an oil slick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2006 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I really like these but the price is outrageous. For .22 oz you pay $46 for a pan. No compact, must buy an additional charger for that. I have Bronze and Nude. Bronze is a shimmery bronze with a rosey hint to it. Gorgeous on my NC30 skin. Gives color and a tan. No orange tones. Also beautiful shimmer. The Nude is a shimmery soft silvery gold. So light and subtle but definately brightens my cheekbones. Beautiful colors. Nice pigment, go on smoothly, but this price can't be justified.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2004 9:59:00 AM More reviews by luckyredlisa

By far the best shimmer powder I've tried. Shimmer powders are hard- they can be too chunky, they can highlight flaws, they can appear chalky and cold. But not these from Trish!!

Extremely finely milled, great "glow" factor, great color selection. I have the bronze, which actually isn't as dark or bronzey as one may think. It actually just adds a wonderful warm glow to my medium-tan skin. EDITED 12/06: I'm now paler, and it definitely acts as a bronzer now! So, if you're a MMM or lighter, expect a bronzing effect with this shade.

I think I'm going to order the pink as well. My shimmer brick is just too too- too white, too chakly, too something. Plus I prefer Trish's packaging- I love the versatility of storing in a planner or toting in a charger.

Best shimmer ever!! EDIT 12/06: Well, maybe not EVER, I think that title now goes to Becca. :) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2003 7:08:00 PM More reviews by divadeluxe

Well yet again another disappointing product from Trish. This microscopic little square of ridiculously overpriced shimmer powder really is not impressive at all. It looks dull on the skin and leaves a chalky cast on the skin and doesn't look natural at all. Shimmer powders are supposed to add a glow to the complexion, this one does not and is way overpriced. Also, this powder comes in the standard Trish thin, garbage packaging that requires buying the "charger" compact in order to actually have a place to put the powder in, for what this powder costs it should come in it's own compact. What a waste!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2003 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Elixir

This is so beautiful! I first tried it on in the store, but didnt get it, then when I went outside to my car, I do my usual thing - flip the visor mirror open to check my complexion before I start the engine.. and oh man I looked so radiant!
So I ran back into the store and bought this in Nude. The shimmer is noticeble but subtle, not crazy at all, my skin looks so smooth and even (I have fairly good skin).
I can just see this powder become a staple in my bag, since I like to skip foundation during the hot summer months.