October 31, 2014 | 1161 users online

Loose Powders - Merle Norman - Sheer Face Powder in Translucent

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by smccain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am looking for this container. I have always used merle norman powder and so in love with this product for over 25 years. I was disappointed to hear that this container has been discontinued. If anyone has a container or knows where I can get my hands on one, please email me. Mine was broken : ( sandsmccain05@yahoo.com

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by blueroses99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

An awsome finishing powder. You get an amazing amount of product, making the price worth it. Has a soft finish and doesn't accentuate dry patches. It also has a lovely fragrance. A classic go to powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG loose powder!!! I have used this for years and even though I have tried other loose powders, I always go back to this. This product makes any foundation I put on look flawless and beautiful. I switch up my foundations quite a bit, according to the look I'm going for and this powder never fails me. I have dry skin, my daughter has oily skin and we both use this without any problems. I had actually been using another brand of loose powder, but I put it in an old Merle Norman container because the new powder didn't have a sifter on top. I bought a new Merle Norman powder, same container, and didn't tell my daughter, so not knowing I had switched, she immediately said "This isn't the same powder we've been using, WOW, this one is much better!!!". She loves it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by pirouettelady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I worked in department store cosmetics for over ten years, and I'm almost embarrassed by how much I like this "strip mall store" powder! The price is wonderful and the container is huge, so it's a great value. The powder gives a lovely finish to my oily skin and I don't need to touch up at all during the day. Because it is somewhat messy, I'm stealing an idea from the Chanel powder tester design and scooping some of this powder in a little glass salt shaker, so I can shake out as little or as much as I need without making a big mess. I highly recommend this powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2007 4:03:00 AM More reviews by alex_bradley

I really like this product, but I do have a few cons about it.
The amount of powder that you get in one container is amazing. For the price, it's wonderful, but the container itself is terrible. While the size is awesome, I always seem to make a mess just trying to apply the powder.
This powder makes my skin look flawless, but for me, it just isn't practical. However, I will recommend it to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Miss3Kelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorite items that I always seem to come back to no matter how many times I stray. It is a huge tub of powder that lasts for ages. It is not translucent in the sense that Laura Mercier's powder is translucent, but it goes on and blends fine. I use this mostly on days that I don't wear anything else except for a little concealer. I use the sponge applicator. I just dip it in the tub and shake off the excess and pat/rub it into my face. It gives a nice look to my skin. It doesn't cause me to breakout either which is really great for my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2003 5:26:00 PM More reviews by cjpretzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG powder. I have been using it since I was a teenager (now I'm 31). Before I started wearing foundation (around age 25) I used to just put this on with a pressed powder pad. I would dip it into the powder, then tap off the excess, and then apply it to my whole face. This gave me a little more coverage. It does have a very slight color, but I find that no matter how tan, or how pale I get, this powder blends. Now I put it on with a big powder brush over my foundation. It looks flawless. For touch-ups later in the day, I still use the pressed powder applicator to keep a flawless look. By the way, if you are going to be in a portrait (like wedding pictures) you can really put a lot of this powder on and it shows up nicely in the photos. I use this powder SEVERAL times per day, and yet one jar of it lasts at least 2 years. I highly recommend it.