MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

on 3/3/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this hoping I could use it as both a brow filler and crease color. It was a bit too warm for my very cool brows. It's a nice, staple color to use in the crease, but I had difficulty blending it. I returned this and got Concrete for my brows (similar in depth, but cooler) and Cork as a medium golden brown crease color (it's a bit lighter and more golden brown than Espresso, so you can have more control over building it). I can see why Espresso would be a work horse as a liner, crease color, outer V color, and brow filler.

on 12/13/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This shade is good for filling in eyebrows for brunettes. I use this or Mac Spiked eyebrow pencil. I rarely use this on my eyes though.

on 9/7/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this to deepen my makeup look. It's gorgeous with amazing pay off. I don't use it everyday, I normally just use my MAC Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow in the crease, but some days when I want a darker look I'll apply this to the outer corners. It's not so dramatic but you can build it up in a really intense smokey eye. Completely matte. I would really recommend using this for everyday if you like a smokey eye. Totally worth it! I have this in a palette with brûlée, soft brown and Swiss chocolate and it's my go-to palette. Try it!

on 8/30/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my go to eyebrow product if I'm not using Makeup Academy eye shadow in Chestnut. MAC describes this as a 'Golden Brown' I'd say ditto. The pigmentation isn't bad, but since I use it for my eyebrows, the intensity isn't really a key factor for this eyeshadow.

on 8/30/2014 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this along with Cranberry as my first Mac shadows. Its a medium basic matte brown that has great pigmentation and staying power.

I really loveee using this for defining my crease. Its also very flattering on me all over the lid.

Also, it matches my eyebrows perfectly. I'm not much of a brow person, but its the only thing I use now for when I do my brows.

Great multitasking product.

on 1/3/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I use this for my eyebrow and it does a decent job. Its one of the few matte eyeshadows works for me.

on 11/7/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Basic matte dark brown. I use this all the time in my crease and outer corner. It's really pigmented and blendable. Just a staple product to have

on 10/29/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great color for a natural smokey eye (at least it is for my hazel eyes). I like using this instead of eyeliner, it gives me a natural soft look...

on 9/1/2013 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I had to do a review on this eyeshadow. This is the perfect color to do eyebrows with! I started using this after Megz (YouTube) suggested it. My eyebrows look natural, but have a significant pop to them. Really like this shadow. Thanks Megz!

on 7/18/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Initially, I had bought this eyeshadow to use on my eyebrows. I have dark, dark, dark brown hair, almost black, and I kept hearing every dark haired youtber sing the praises for this as a brow powder. When I received it, I was a bit surprised. It was way lighter and more red than expected. It is a lovely warm-ish neutral (not totally warm, but not cool at all either) brown. It's a matte color, and it is pretty pigmented and soft. It never did work with my eyebrows. If you have black hair and SPARSE eyebrows, don't get this expecting miracles. I can imagine that it would be better for a dark brunette with already dense brows, because then the color isn't that obvious, but it looks so wrong and red in my brows. Well, why the high rating then? Because, I love it for an everyday powder liner. It's amazing for that purpose. Not too light, but not too dark, it's great especially for summer when you don't want your makeup to look so heavy. The brush that I find applies it best, and doesn't provide any fallout is the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Liner Brush. Overall, I would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS USE THIS FOR MY BLACK EYEBROWS, but I really do love this for a light eyeliner and when I run out I will repurchase for that purpose.

Top Rated MAC Products