MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I have a medium/tan complexion and my hair is a medium reddish brown. I personally don't like the 'fleek' or harsh look on my own face as I have a baby face and this on my brows is PERFECT!!! I first came across this when I had ran out of what I was using on my brows when I was 15 (I can't remember what it was a generic dark brown in a random eyeshadow palette) so I was desperate and the lady at the MAC counter recommended this. When I got home I tried it and honestly its great, lasts all day I've had it for over two years and barely made a dent in it! Would 100% repurchase (if I ever need to!)

on 4/24/2015 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this on my brows along with Mac Spiked eyebrow pencil for years and it's worked out great.

on 3/3/2015 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this hoping I could use it as both a brow filler and crease color. It was a bit too warm for my very cool brows. It's a nice, staple color to use in the crease, but I had difficulty blending it. I returned this and got Concrete for my brows (similar in depth, but cooler) and Cork as a medium golden brown crease color (it's a bit lighter and more golden brown than Espresso, so you can have more control over building it). I can see why Espresso would be a work horse as a liner, crease color, outer V color, and brow filler.

on 9/7/2014 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I use this to deepen my makeup look. It's gorgeous with amazing pay off. I don't use it everyday, I normally just use my MAC Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow in the crease, but some days when I want a darker look I'll apply this to the outer corners. It's not so dramatic but you can build it up in a really intense smokey eye. Completely matte. I would really recommend using this for everyday if you like a smokey eye. Totally worth it! I have this in a palette with brûlée, soft brown and Swiss chocolate and it's my go-to palette. Try it!

on 8/30/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my go to eyebrow product if I'm not using Makeup Academy eye shadow in Chestnut. MAC describes this as a 'Golden Brown' I'd say ditto. The pigmentation isn't bad, but since I use it for my eyebrows, the intensity isn't really a key factor for this eyeshadow.

on 8/30/2014 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this along with Cranberry as my first Mac shadows. Its a medium basic matte brown that has great pigmentation and staying power.

I really loveee using this for defining my crease. Its also very flattering on me all over the lid.

Also, it matches my eyebrows perfectly. I'm not much of a brow person, but its the only thing I use now for when I do my brows.

Great multitasking product.

on 1/3/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I use this for my eyebrow and it does a decent job. Its one of the few matte eyeshadows works for me.

on 11/7/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Basic matte dark brown. I use this all the time in my crease and outer corner. It's really pigmented and blendable. Just a staple product to have

on 10/29/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great color for a natural smokey eye (at least it is for my hazel eyes). I like using this instead of eyeliner, it gives me a natural soft look...

on 9/1/2013 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I had to do a review on this eyeshadow. This is the perfect color to do eyebrows with! I started using this after Megz (YouTube) suggested it. My eyebrows look natural, but have a significant pop to them. Really like this shadow. Thanks Megz!

Top Rated MAC Products