April 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Shampoo - Alterna - Hemp Seed Shine Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

This is a good quality product. I did not find this shampoo drying - and i am prone to dry hair myself. However I would use the Hemp conditioner along iwth the shampoo as shampoo alone will probably dry out your hair anyway .
This has a disturbing smell at first- it is hemp based- it smells abit like marijuana does I guess ! However, once you get over that smell - it is very fine shampoo. If I could no longer use Keratase, this would be my second choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by megaboy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like a lot of people reviewed the smell of this shampoo is great. And also a great advantage is that it's SLS free, but not nature cosmetic, to bad.
Washing with this shampoo is great your hair becomes soft and silky. The packaging is not effective they have to design a new more user friendly bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2006 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lenab

LOVE how this stuff smells! Unfortunately, doesn't really do anything for my hair. Gives it great shine, but that's about all. But I'd repurchase to use b/c of the scent

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2005 6:59:00 PM More reviews by deutsch100

I have baby fine, stick straight hair, that has left over highlights from April. My hair tends to be dry on the ends and combo on the scalp. This shampoo cleans my hair very well, lathers amazingly, has no SLS, rinses clean and my hair is not tangled. I wish the smell was more authentic orange smelling. It's like it wants to be orange scented, but can't make up its mind. It does leave my hair super shiny, full of body and looks clean the entire day!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2005 6:06:00 PM More reviews by knxthree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hairdresser told me to try Alterna for at least 8 weeks and I would notice a change in my hair. I thought "sure whatever." And now I know she is right on the money. I started with the Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner which worked great and got my hair in shape. When I ran out I went back to my Icon products which weighed my hair down and left my hair dry. I am now using the Hemp Shampoo & Conditioner for the last 4 weeks which works AWESOME. Love, love, love it. This stuff is the best. I have fine hair, but a lot of it. This does not weigh my hair down and my hair looks shiny and healthy. I've tried Keratase, Frederic Fekkai, Phillip B., etc. and this stuff is much less expensive and works better. The Hemp Seed Repair is wonderful, it gives my hair that salon look - super smooth and no frizzes. Alterna products have really changed my hair texture and volume. You should really give this stuff a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 8:43:00 PM More reviews by RenateS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this shampoo (and the conditioner) yesterday, so it has only been one day, but I'm excited about the results. I have straight fine dark hair that I let air-dry and this shampoo is just what I've been looking for. No fly-aways or anything. I didn't even have to use my Fekkai Glossing Cream. Very impressive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2004 10:14:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I'm surprised at the negative reviews this product has received, because I find it to be a terrific shampoo (and I have tried a lot of them!) I have fine, colored and highlighted hair with an oily scalp. This shampoo, which I use together with its matching conditioner, not only make my hair shiny and glossy (which other shampoos don't) but also give it volume. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2004 9:23:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune5dwj

i have used many alterna products, and this had been my least favorite. it made my hair feel dry, and as though it had been stripped of moisture, maybe its the citrus in the product. if you have very oliy hair this might be good for you, but after several washings i never used it again. i have a friend who was happier with it, but for anyone with fine hair that tends to be dry, i dont recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2004 4:18:00 PM More reviews by twinmom7688

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product did NOT do what it is supposed to, which is make the hair shiny. In fact, the cavier shampoo did more for my hair as far as shine. This product is an expensive very AVERAGE product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2004 12:34:00 AM More reviews by michelle007

this product was average in every way. yes it cleaned my hair, but i wasn't impressed with it. i am just going to use it up and move on.

i like alterna's hemp seed chemically treated shampoo MUCH better.