MAC Splashproof Lash

2.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is gross. It made my long, thick, curled lashes look like four teeny little brittle twigs. Horrible. I B2Med it after only a few uses.

on 12/26/2010 5:56:00 PM

This product is just alright. I think it clumps and flakes, which is disappointing for mac mascaras, because I usually really like them. I would choose a different type of waterproof before having to buy this again.

on 12/7/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Meh. Clumped, and gave little length. This is my second try with MAC mascaras, and I won't be trying again.

on 4/5/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have always had problems with mascara smudging under my eyes. Tried maybelline great lash waterproof, but didn't like how brittle it made my lashes. I've more or less given up wearing mascara to work, but I got this as a GWP. I don't have problems like most the other reviewers seem to have with it smudging terribly. It seems to smudge a tiny bit at the end of the day but I attribute that to my oily eye area. It's definitely not as thickening/lengthening as my maybelline colossal, but I like that it doesn't make my lashes horribly brittle like great lash. I'd say it does a decent job as a waterproof mascara, but I'm sure I could find something cheaper that does just as well.

on 3/17/2009 5:41:00 AM

I'm a MAC addict but am really disappointed with this mascara. I wish I've read the reviews before purchasing it.I use it on my lower lashes and it gives me raccoon eyes.

on 5/17/2008 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara sucks, don't buy it. You're better off buying a drugstore brand for cheaper, honestly. If you wear contacts, this may flake on you and into your eyes, irritating and hurting your eyes, making them feel gritty like a bit of sand got in. And after you remove Splashproof with eye makeup remover, your eyes may be very irritated/painful. This was the first mascara from MAC that I ever tried and I am wary of trying another MAC mascara, just because this one sucked so much.

on 4/18/2008 12:16:00 PM

I'll be honest. I dislike waterproof mascara. I never buy it.

My gram is in hospice and I spent a week with my folks helping care for her. I feel like I just cried and was a mess. I picked this up to just make things easier. I don't want to be taking time out to fix my makeup . .. I pared it with Liquidlast at the recommendation of my MUA.

I am so glad I don't need a waterproof mascara everyday because I just think this one is horrible. My lashes stuck together and came out in clumps. There was flaking and clumping and not a very pretty look at all!

The big problem I have is that it's nearly impossible to get off. I tried the MacPro makeup remover and the mascara just was stuck in clumps on my lashes.

I don't have a problem with the packaging.. just the formula. It's not for me.

on 3/14/2008 11:00:00 AM

after a while w/ this eyelashes began to fall off!! it's dry and flakes.waterproof, but clumps a whole lot. not recommended.

on 5/23/2007 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product rubs off and flakes. I used it for a few days and by the end of he day, I ended up with "shadows" under my eyes. It also clumps and makes my lashes feel so stiff. I will be returning this to the store.

on 5/3/2007 6:40:00 PM

Yikes! What's with this stuff??? Within a few hours, I had weird black shadows under my eyes. Usually you can tell mascara smudges, but it just looked like I hadn't slept in days. I'm pretty tolerant of mascaras, but this one is going back ASAP. The Fester Adams look isn't good in an expensive mascara. Also, my lashes were clumpy and crusty. Normally my Lancome remover takes two swipes to get mascara off- this time, my eyes were actually sore after rubbing so much... still residue! Thumbs down for a mascara that makes me look WORSE than without.

Top Rated MAC Products