September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Self Tanners - Boots - soltan

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by milkteef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have the face one and it works within 2-3 hours , so you can put it on before bed and be sunkissed by morning ! lovely creamy texture too which sinks in nicely , not used any other face tanners but i don't think i'd really need to now !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by emma_lou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ive tried and tested many self tanners but ive stuck with this one. I use the tinted one which then developes into a nice golden colour over night, it does smell but no worse than most tanners. The best thing about this one is that it gives instant colour for last minute plans, it last about four days though i apply it to my face again in between, i have recommended to friends who have also bought this product more than once.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by heather_louise_pink

brilliant fake tan i use the lotion with the shimmer, great for a night out, i use it couple nites before i go out, 1 coat each night as needs two coats and makes ya really brown, not orange, absolutly brill,love it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness the putrid stench of this product! I never usually mind the smell of fake tan, but this one smelt like very bitter wood resins and sharp black pepper. Made me want to hurl and did not seem natural for a beauty product.

The tan worked but was faint, patchy and too slippery. I think they put in not enough tanning agent and moisturisers, and too much silicone. It took ages to dry, and felt slippery/never quite dry hours later, probably from that silicone being the 2nd ingredient on the back of the pack. Was hard to wash off too. It wasn't dark as expected from a med/dark self-tanner, and I had laid it on thick. The worst self-tanner I've used since the horrific orange Elizabeth Arden incident 20 years ago I will never use it again...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 7:45:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

This did absolutely nothing to my very fair skin. It just stank (worse than most Fake Tans) and the smell kept me awake overnight. Urgh! I threw it away the next day and will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For me, this was awful. There was no colour here at ALL. It was weirs, as the dried out bits at the top of the bottle went gold, yet there was no colour showing up on my skin. Maybe I need the darker version?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2005 1:12:00 PM More reviews by CateNY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The light version of the Soltan was very good for my fair ad freckled skin. The first application gave a glow of a tan and a second application was enough to see significant colour. I liked it as it didn't turn my skin orange, didn't streak, doesn't smell terrible, and didn't make my face break out either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2005 10:05:00 AM More reviews by ribbons

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this was fabulous! I bought the spray because a friend recommended it - was really easy to apply and gave me a nice light brown colour with no streaks or orange patches. I would have given it a 5 but it has a very strong chemicall smell, which made me gag while I applied it. The colour is as good as my st tropez or au colourant and it costs about a third of the price so i will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2003 11:14:00 AM More reviews by naughtyfairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

can hardly see the colour even though its the medium/dark one that i bought, had been told it was very good off other other people but i cant see it!so im not happy at all another waste of money on fake tan!