July 31, 2014 | 2097 users online

Top/Base Coats - Poshe - Super-Fast Drying Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by scrapstitcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After using this awesome top coat for the past couple of years or so, I can't do my nails without it. Because, otherwise, my manicure will either get messed up or it will take forever to dry. I recommend Poshe top coat to everyone who I talk about nail polish with because I love how fast my nails dry, the awesome shine that I get and how professional and pretty my nails are with just a home manicure and because it's 3-free. I just bought my fourth bottle today at Sally's in fact. I go through a bottle of this once every 5-6 months or so and I do my nails 1-3 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by belskihatesyew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG top coat. A make up artist told me about it when I asked how she managed to always make my nails so shiny and perfect. Its pretty cheap from eBay as well!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by petitderriere

The tip shrinkage you get from this top coat is ridiculous. It shrinks from the top, from the bottom, from the sides, everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by tconlgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

put this on five coats of polish and it was completely dry in 10 ( maybe less) minutes. I then went to bed and woke up with a smudge free manicure. Wow!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by mirrorgirlmirrorgirls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i tried this cuz my favorite np blogger..scrangie said its shiner than sv but takes longer to dry. she keeps both on hand. i like the fact that it isnt as thick as sv but thats where it stops.
pros;
thinner
cons;
i went thru a half bottle in 2 weeks...that gets pricey
says to use on wet nails but the polish comes off n gets on the brush
it loses its shine the next day
it leaves tissue type peelings on my nails
the smell makes my eyes sting
instead of correcting polish mistakes it creates them
it lessens the shimmer of my polish.

im going rite back to sv..a bottle lasts 4 months and doesnt have any of the other above cons. thanks to mua i can buy sv restore to thin it out when it gets thick.
BOTTOMLINE; this is pricey junk that causes more work n time. sv is the opposite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Personally, I think a review that just says "X brand is better than this" is not helpful, nor is it very interesting, so I am not going to evaluate this by comparing it to any other top coat. I have, in fact, used a number of fast-drying top coats, so I could do that, but this product can and should stand on its own, and I'm going to review it that way.

Good value for money with this one, as it's not too expensive. I also like the bottle, which is pear-shaped and helps to let you reach the bottom of the bottle and may cut down on exposure to air. It's also a very stable bottle design, which is something I always appreciate. The brush is so-so, neither good nor bad, in my opinion, though I admit I do prefer a flatter, wider brush.

As for how it works, well, yes, it does. I had a bit of a problem with it at first, because it has fairly high viscosity and I was ending up with way too much on the nail. Then I had too little. Eventually, I got how much to have on the brush (yay) and it all fell into place beautifully. I will note that if you do use too much, you'll have trouble with an uneven finish (pooling) and possibly with wrinkling (that weird smudging where you actually kind of push the polish in such a way that it creates what looks like wrinkles). This I learned the hard way, hah.

It does dry the surface very quickly. The claim is that it dries the surface in a minute, but I haven't tried touching the polish to find out. It is certainly surface-dry within a couple of minutes, however. As with most fast-drying top coats, it takes longer to dry all the way through, and the more coats you use, the longer it takes. I've found that a standard manicure with base coat, two coats of polish, and top coat will take around 20-30 minutes to be completely dry (or at least, dry enough to call it completely dry). Once it is dry, the finish is nicely glossy, and it seems to provide perfectly acceptable protection for the manicure (though I have found it depends somewhat on the underlying polish as to how long and how well it lasts).

I have not experienced shrinkage, bubbling, peeling, or any other of the ills associated with poorly formulated top coat. I have not tried this on already-dry nails, however, and so far my bottle has not thickened noticeably (but if it does, I'm always ready with the thinner to keep things going smoothly; ALL fast-drying top coats will thicken up with use).

This is not my favourite fast-drying top coat, but it's the one I'm currently reaching for the most, because it does work, and I do like it, and I'm hoping to perfect my application technique. Perhaps it might become my favourite in time (again, without making comparisons, my longtime favourite has been Sally Hansen Insta-Dri). I like the high value for the cost with this top coat, and I like most other things about it, as well. It's a solid product that works, and I can't help but appeciate that. (If it does end up being my fave, I'll edit this review; for now, I'm going to say it's amongst my top-three, probably second favourite, and worth trying.)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by daisymonkey

I'm new to the quick dry top coats, and have never used Seche Vite, so I can't really do a comparison. But Poshe does dry very fast. It's pretty much dry to the touch and ready to go in 5 minutes (I think it says one minute, but I'm cautious on dry times) and it's hard in an hour. The only problem I've encountered is shrinkage. Oh boy did it shrink at the nail tips, but it's gotten better since I started wrapping the edges, but I do see a little shrinkage on the cuticle end. It does self level and it's easy to apply so that makes it easy.

The thing I like about it is that it's really shiny, and keeps your polish shiny for a long time. No problem chipping for me. I've heard it thickens as the bottle gets used, but I've not experience that yet, and I have thinner on hand should I need it later. Overall, I would buy it again. I wish it didn't have a shrinkage problem, but it seems like that's just inevitable with this type of product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The same as someone else mentioned, I was using Seche Vite before but it was getting too thick, as well as chipping too fast.
So I got Poshe (I was told it is one of the best top coats that doesn't chip) and I love it. It dries fast, does not chip and shines a lot.
Can't tell how much it cost in regular stores, as I got it in Beauty Supply store (Florida) for $4.00

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this topcoat. Previously, I had been using Seche Vite, but with Seche I always get about halfway through the bottle and it's too thick. Since I am not going to buy Seche Restore just to revitalize a topcoat, I got Poshe because unlike Seche it can be thinned. I've been using this topcoat for about six months. It's very shiny and does self-level, as others have mentioned in their reviews. This dries very quickly and I don't have issues with that or with marks or wrinkles on my nails afterwards. I do get some chips, but I think a lot of that is that I rarely remember to wrap the tip of my nail with the topcoat. It does seem to wear well otherwise, and of course their is a bit of shrinkage, but to me it is not as obvious as the shrinkage from Seche Vite. This was about $7 at CVS, and I'd purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Here's the thing. I like this way more than Seche Vite. It self levels, dries my ridiculous number of wet coats of polish underneath it, no streaks, glossy finish, and doesn't smell like death.

I always use nail polish thinner from Beauty Secrets for all my polishes, so thickening is not a problem for me. But as everyone else has said, it does shrink. The tips wear off pretty easily, and I have to always make sure I cover ALL of my nail to make sure there aren't strange gaps near the edges of my polish. Capping the nail with this over the edges is a must. It's a bit of a pain, but an overall good product. It all depends on what annoys you, or appeals to you the most.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No