December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Calming Influence

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lalalauren181

before i say anything bad about the mary kay face wash i just want to say that i'm sure it's good for certain skin types but just not mine..i have mildly oily skin and ever since i started using it i've been doing nothing but breaking out..i don't know what to use on my skin now i'm thinking about changing to La Mer face wash and moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by addysmom

This truley calms skin. Whether it is razor burn or a insect bite, it works. The bottle lasts a long time also. Great for zit flare ups also. i use it on my children also. Good stuff!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by olivialoaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Having very sensitive skin, I thought this would be okay...I had a horrible allegic reaction to this. Once I put it on, its "stickiness" was a concern, and sure enough, my skin broke out in a nice bumpy rash.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AmayaNayeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does sooth the itchiness and irritation that comes with sensitive skin but doesnt do much for redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2005 9:00:00 PM More reviews by 24bee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have severe rosacea, and this is so soothing! I have been usiing MK for awhile now, but just found this product. I wish I could explain how well this sooth's a flare up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2004 2:19:00 PM More reviews by LillyBBBW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE this stuff and will never be without it! I am one of the 0.1% of African Americans with rosacea and bought this in a fit of "I'll try ANYTHING" desperation during the summer. It calmed my angry skin instantly and cleared up all the irritation within days. A bit too pricey in my opinion though. It's a clear gel and not sticky at all like another poster suggested. A little goes a long way and it disappears cempletely into the skin with no residue. I put it on mosquito bites too and it works like a charm. Try to find it cheaper if you can, but this is definitely good stuff.

UPDATE: A gave some to a friend who had broken out in hives due to a reaction. She had previously been using a prescription cream and Benadryl spray and reapplying them often. Benedryl actually stung her skin with it's high alcohol content. But the Calming Influence was light and worked INSTANTLY - calmed her skin for hours. This is good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2003 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Tracey15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought the texture was sticky and would NEVER want to put it near my face. I bought it for my husband to use on his shaving nicks. He didn't want it near his face eitehr. At $35 CDN, it was an expensive "mistake".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2002 6:25:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have some of this left over from when I was a consultant ansd nothing works better for allergy afflicted skin than this.It also is great for contact dermatitis and smells so nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2002 4:09:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mixed feelings about this one. I *might* get this again if I can find it at half price. When I got a slight sunburn the other day, I remembered Missy's review. I dabbed some on my burned spots and felt relief instantly. My burn did not bother me at all after that and went away pretty quickly. It smells so nice too. I am sure I can find something to help my skin at the drugstore the way this did but I had it laying around from my rep days and of course didn't want it to go to waste. This is a nice luxury item but very overpriced. Sheesh MK you're not high end.-----------------------------UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2001 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Before I went to visit my friend who sells MK, I got a really bad sunburn. She had a bottle of this opened and we tried it. My sunburn is almost healed (1 day later)! Needless to say, I bought this and tried it on my face last night. All the normal redness in my face is gone! Now I look like the Pale Porcelain Princess I always was! Tee hee!