October 26, 2014 | 1669 users online

Skincare - Body - Dove - Invisible Solid Anti-Perspirant

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I bought this on a whim because I was having a very bad reaction to Mitchum Clinical Strength (it scabbed and dried out my under arms really bad. They were so sore I could barely put my arms down...it was over the summer and incredibly embarrassing!). I knew Dove was known for its moisturizing and that was what I needed at the time. Within a week of using this my armpits went completely back to normal and they felt and looked great again. I love the scent of this - its fresh and not strong/overpowering. I have very bad sweating problems under my arms and there's practically nothing out there that will totally work for me but this is fairly decent. I will repurchase when I run out! Thanks Dove for fixing my armpits LOL!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by queenvalerie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using nothing but this since I had a bad reaction to Mitchum a few years ago. Works brilliantly to control wetness and odor, doesn't leave stains on my clothing and smells nice. As a nice side effect, the skin on my underarms is consistently softer and smoother since I started using it and it never ever stings when I put it on after shaving. I don't use anything else now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

First a review of the unscented Dove Invisible Solid Anti-perspirant for senstive skin:

I really like this product. I first used it about seven years ago, and it always prevents sweat stains. It's very reliable.

But I just visited cosmeticsdatabase.com and saw the entire ingredients list. (Dove only labels the active ingredient, which is Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex GLY (18.5%)). Cyclopentasiloxane is the first inactive ingredient to be listed, and I only found out this spring that this chemical is harmful to wildlife. Actually, all chemicals that end with "siloxane" is bad for the fishies and other animals. The government of Canada is going to limit its use in cosmetics, but of course non-profit environmental groups want the chemical banned altogether. Anyways, ever since cyclopentasiloxane came up in the news I've been more aware of its presence in a LOT of skin and hair care products.

I've already tried one natural deodorant with no success. I'll try a few more, ones that help to absorb sweat, and hope they'll work. But if I still notice distracting sweat stains, I may have to go back to Dove. By then I hope the Canadian gov't has requested Dove to limit the amount of cyclopentasiloxane!

More info on cyclopentasiloxane can be found here: http://www.chemicalsubstanceschimiques.gc.ca/interest-interet/siloxanes_e.html

Active ingredient: ALUMINUM ZIRCONIUM TETRACHLOROHYDREX GLY (18.5%);

Inactive ingredients: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE; STEARYL ALCOHOL; PPG-14 BUTYL ETHER; DIMETHICONE; C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE; HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL; TALC; HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL; STEARETH-100; ETHYLENE DODECANEDIOATE; VEGETABLE OIL; GLYCERYL OLEATE; PRUNUS AMYGDALUS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL; GLYCERIN; PROPYLENE GLYCOL; TBHQ; BHT; CITRIC ACID.

And now a review of Dove Invisible Solid Cool Essentials Anti-perspirant with cucumber and green tea extracts:

This products provides the same amount of protection as the one above, but I can't stand the scent. It's way too strong. So strong I can smell it throughout the day. Not recommended for those who are sensitive to fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is perfect! Don't bother with the "ultimate clear" version--this works just as well and you'd wind up w/ the white marks with either kind if you're not careful wihen you put on dark clothing!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried this in Cucumber Green Tea and unscented. I'm impressed with the Cucumber Green Tea thus far because I have a really bad reaction to fragrance in deodorants, but this hasn't caused any sort of reaction and smells nice and clean, almost like clean laundry, on me. The unscented is actually less scented than the Secret unscented solid I was using before. It does its job of keeping me non-stinky, which is what matters, although this probably isn't the deodorant I'd put on before a week-long camping trip with no showers available. It's very gentle, even after a rough shave. Honestly, the only bad thing about this product is that it's a bit messy. The "solid" is very soft, and smears all over itself, the tube, and my underarms if I'm not careful. I'm always worried about slicing a chunk off when I put the cap back on. I apply deodorant pretty lightly, and found that when I wore a black t-shirt there was no noticeable white transfer. I like the new look with the pretty frosted cap.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells great - all of them - fresh and original clean and others but do not control wetness...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by babii12987

doesn't stop me from sweating @ all. smells great though, like all dove products .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is not invisible on my black clothes, left a residue. It did not have as much wetness protection either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this did not go "invisible" on me...i see white marks on my underarms and clothes...it is pretty gentle though..i did not feel a burning sensation when applied after a shave....i prefer the "ultimate clear" formula over this...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2006 12:21:00 PM More reviews by KaRen82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nearly all of the scents are fabulous! (Esp. the original clean and cool moisture-- think melons) Works well and doesn't have the accompanying itching when you start to sweat like some other brands do. With a brand name like "Dove" you would thikn it's be gentle on the skin but not as sweat-reducing as other brands, but this one sure is. It works great.