Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA

Not bad. Of course that doesn't mean I'm claiming it to be a miracle worker, but it does the job. Its gentle and can be used on sensitive skin. I don't see any brightening effect but I mean it doesn't hurt and it can be used daily..... if a lot of scrubs damage your skin try this one. It doesn't have a scent or that extremely rough scrub feel. you can barely feel it on your skin.

on 2/18/2015 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely scrub, and probably my favorite for everyday use. It is so gentle on the skin, but it also incredibly effective. After I use it, it vastly improves my skin texture; there are no dry patches and my skin is left smooth, soft, and even. I even have found that the few imperfections there are on my skin (very faint scarring and dark spots) have reduced. I can't fault it, as I love everything from the smell to the product to the packaging. By the way, the packaging is awesome because there is no way to squeeze too much out. I just love that even though this is so incredibly effective, it's so gentle. No matter how long or hard I scrub, there's no way to damage the skin unlike some scrubs (looking at you, St. Ives). But really, it's a lovely scrub all skin types will love and I recommend it fully.

on 2/8/2015 6:01:00 PM

I got this as a free full sized sample with a bottle of Averno cream. I used it for a couple of weeks before switching to a lush faval scrub that I was give and like better. however, this was a really good product for me. its gentle enough to use once even twice a day and I found it did not iirtate my acne or cause any clogged pores. The scent was refreshing and it comes out of this really tiny nozzle so it isn't messy at all. The only thing was I didn't really notice a difference in unclogging my pores at all, so it was a bit useless for that, but I liked it as a daily facial cleanser!

I continue to repurchase this face scrub after about a decade of use. It is a good neutral daily scrub (as promoted), though not particularly "brightening" despite its claims. For smoothing and scrubbing, I find it to be excellnt. It is gentle and does not irritate my sensitive skin. It removes my flakies and helps clear my skin when I have breakouts. It does not dry out my skin or lea my skin uncomfortable or tight. I have used it in my twenties and thirties, with great success. I would say this is comparable to a high-end skincare scrub, but at an excellent price and widely available at pharmacies. The scent is mild and does not boher me. The packaging isok, in that I love a squeeze tube and the product dispenses easily and remains fresh for th duration of te product's life. As I keep it in my soer, I do wish that waterdidn't pool as easily in the cap, but this is not very bothersome to me.

on 1/17/2015 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have dehydrated-normal skin that is acne prone. This Aveeno scrub didn't aggravate my skin but it also didn't offer any considerable brightening effect that I could discern after using a whole tube. I did find this to be less exfoliating than other scrubs I've tried in the past, but at most I used it twice a week. Perhaps the brightening effect only comes into play with daily usage but I'm still skeptical of the claims (as I would be with any scrub that doesn't contain chemical exfoliants).

However, I am not sure how environmentally sustainable this scrub is as it contains microbeads. If you're not familiar with the controversy I would recommend a quick Google search to see if it's something you're comfortable with purchasing as you may feel differently than I do. Johnson & Johnson (Aveeno's parent company) is planning on phasing out microbeads of their products by 2018 though (http://www.safetyandcarecommitment.com/ingredient-info/other/microbeads) so it would be worth double checking the ingredients to see if the change has occurred (as of this review it hasn't).

While this product worked decently as a weekly scrub for my dehydrated-normal skin, I'm uncomfortable repurchasing or recommending due to the possibility of microbeads harming the environment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been collecting more skin care products recently to have healthier looking skin now that I'm 23 years old. So far I have makeup removers, mild facial soaps and moisturizers but I needed something nice to exfoliate my skin since I ran out of my St Ives Apricot Scrub bottle a long time ago.
I came across this product at Walgreens and used it for the first time today. The consistency of it totally surprised me. It is very lightweight, liquidy, and has a milky white color to it. It has micro grains in it that don't feel harsh at all while you're rubbing your face with it; and contrary to what I first expected this doesn't lather up at all.
I massaged my face with this in the shower not expecting to see a great difference when looking in the mirror afterwards but this isn't bad at all. My face looked squeaky clean in the mirror and felt moisturized, not dry at all. It is so gentle my sensitive skin definitely approved of it. I followed with toner and moisturizer and my skin feels really soft now. If you have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin I really think you should give this a try. Unlike other exfoliators, this is super gentle on the surface of the skin so it can be used more regularly than other treatments. This is a thumbs up for Aveeno!
PS: This retails for about $9

on 9/7/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Really like this scrub! I would definitely buy it again and recommend it.

Well, I love this. It prob the BEST drugstore scrub that I have ever been used.

Pro:
The beads are excellent! Just the right size, way smaller than the St. Ives scrub.
Smells nice
Clear up the acne that I have, make my skin feels smooth

Con:
No Salicylic acid so my face still break out, Aveeno Complex Scrub here did a better job.
A little bit dry so make sure to use toner after.

on 6/25/2014 10:45:00 PM

I saw this laying around my parent's place so I decided to use it. Within one week, I received complements from friends saying my skin looked extremely smooth and that I was glowing. I couldn't really tell, because I wasn't looking for those benefits while using it. However, I recommended it to two friends and their skins had transformed in just 2 weeks. One friend had very splotchy skin that was uneven toned, had acne scars, and various blemishes that made her skin look very uneven in color, tone and texture. 90% of those blemishes were gone and I have never seen her skin look so good in my life (and I've known her for over 15 years).

It's gentle enough for my sensitive, combination/dry skin. But if you find that it's too harsh, I would recommend using it only once a day or every other day while rotating with a regular face cleanser

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I use this daily! Best face wash. The beads are nice because they're not too harsh so it's perfect for everyday. Also, this makes your skin feel so fresh and nice in the morning. Great for sensitive skin.

Popular Scrubs