December 18, 2014 | 1037 users online

Conditioner - Nexxus - Humectress Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Not great, not horrible. This conditioner isn't very moisturizing, but it's far from the worst I've tried. Pricey for a drugstore conditioner, I would recommend Herbal Essences Hello Hydration over this. Or Joico Moisture Recovery if you don't mind spending a little more.
This product just isn't up to the task of conditioning my dry, thirsty locks. Won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by juliannagracexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted so much to like this conditioner, because I had heard good things about it, and it smells absolutely AMAZING. When i got it I was really anxious to try it out in the shower, and let my hair airdry as usual, and it was just limp :( I guess it's all the heavy moisturizers or something, because I dont really have fine hair so it wasnt that, I feel like this might be worth a try for curly, dry hair, but otherwise, disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by gianneal

I have very thin, fine, frizzy hair. It is oily but tends to dry out very easily (how does that make sense.) Anyway, I bought this conditioner about two months ago and it hasnt helped my hair at all. I am a conditioner junkie, if I dont like one I tend to throw it away without giving it a full chance. So, I decided to use the full bottle of this product. My hair is an absolute mess! It is flater, dryer, and frizzer than before I purchased this product. It leaves a funny film on my hair if I do not blow dry it.
When using it you can feel how thin the conditioner is, it isnt a think cream like others and I have to use a lot to get the full effect. I will say that the product does work better if I do not use shampoo before hand, like if I were using at a deep conditioning treatment. I would not buy this product again and I am glad that I am finally out. I shouldnt have stayed with it as long as I did. My own fault!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by NiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pro's: It smells great. Cons: Everything else. My hair is naturally curly and prone to dryness. This had zero moisturizing properties. My hair felt like straw. Tried it twice and then returned it. Not for black hair

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I purchased this on sale for $7 at my grocery store. It came in a combo pack with the finishing spray. $7 is unbeatable for two full sized Nexxus products! I absolutely love their heat protectant spray have tried a few of their other products in the past which I have also have enjoyed. While I love the finishing spray, which to me is worth the $7 on its own, I was tempted many times to throw this in the garbage. I don't know if it was on sale because it was old/expired, as I don't see any visible writing on the packaging indicating such, but I felt this product smelled a little funny (moldy?) and felt almost slimy in my hair. I tend to go a little heavy on the conditioner, as my hair is extremely long and more often than not visibly heat damaged from styling/not keeping up on my trims. After rinsing this conditioner out thoroughly, I would blow dry my hair and feel a residue which I originally believed to be too many products in general (smoothing cream, heat protectant, detangler, etc.). I cut back on the products and found the same results. Also, I often air dry my hair throughout the week on days where I'm only working and not doing anything requiring styling. I found with only shampoo and this particular conditioner with NO additional products whatsoever still left my hair feeling greasy, heavy, and looking overall yucky. I came to a compromise with myself and began using only a small amount of product and only on days where I knew I was only going to air dry. Needless to say, this was a total fail, but still like Nexxus in general!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just bought more of this because I'm almost out! I have dry,frizzy,coarse hair. I use this w/ my curly hair or straighten it & it works great! I was amazed something from drugstore wouldn't kill my hair. Leaves it soft & smooth & healthy. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pixelsicle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The worst product I have ever used, period. Left my hair dried out, it felt like straw and I have never had a product produce these kinds of results. $35 completely wasted, I got halfway through the bottle and decided the damage it was doing wasn't worth saving the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

When I first bought this product my hair loved it, de tangled so easily, softened and really smelled wonderful. However after several months my hair just stopped cooperating with this stuff.. No wonder, it's loaded with silicones that just seemed to Coat my hair. I still have a huge bottle of this and I'm not sure if I'll finish it. No thanks. I'll stick to my shea moisture.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Add me to the list of resounding "nays" on this one- I am not a fan AT ALL! If you want a conditioner that is easy to use, this is not it. I have received this a handful of times over the years, this Xmas included. I still had a full bottle from last year, so I dug it out and tried it (again) this AM. Now I remember why it's been under my sink, unused, all year.

To start, the texture is odd. I appreciate a thick, creamy conditioner. Heck, in the winter, the thicker the better!! But this is the consistency of wet toothpaste. It took me quite a while to work this through my hair. Maybe it's because my hair is long but I need a good slip to my conditioner. It seemed to absorb into my hair but leave a waxy film. I lost a ton of hair just finger combing it through and by the time I was done, I had a sizable wad of my poor hair in my hands. Even leaving on my hair for the full five minutes, my hair was the strangest combination of dry but oddly coated once rinsed.

The only positive I can say is I had no issues with static. My hair is in no better condition than before using and has zero bounce or movement (I also lost a bunch in the process). I checked out the ingredients and the list it SO long! And mineral oil is very high on the list. Whaa????? You know when you get cooking oil on your hands and try to wash it off and the water beads up and takes forever to rinse off?? That is on my head!! I cannot wait to wash this out.

The only reason I gave it two stars is because I suspect it will work well as shave gel and the tube packaging is nice. As far as high end conditioners go, I will stick with it's a 10 silk express. It works twice as well in half the time...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I have 2b-c waves. Very fine in some areas, and coarse in others: wirey waves. High porosity, medium density, long hair.

I feel like this conditioner, although being well loved on the hair board, did nothing to hydrate my hair. Even when I saturated my hair with it, combed it through, and sat under a drier, then rinsed, it rinsed out and dried so dry... :/ This was a waste of $ for me. I noticed the second and third ingredients are alcohols, and in the middle of the list is coconut oil, which also dries out and strips my hair... Should have known better.

Note: the positive reviews for this product seem to relate to the old formulation. So many reviews describing this as horrible after 2010 reformulation.