October 21, 2014 | 2013 users online

Conditioner - Nexxus - Humectress Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 10/13/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pixelsicle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The worst product I have ever used, period. Left my hair dried out, it felt like straw and I have never had a product produce these kinds of results. $35 completely wasted, I got halfway through the bottle and decided the damage it was doing wasn't worth saving the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

When I first bought this product my hair loved it, de tangled so easily, softened and really smelled wonderful. However after several months my hair just stopped cooperating with this stuff.. No wonder, it's loaded with silicones that just seemed to Coat my hair. I still have a huge bottle of this and I'm not sure if I'll finish it. No thanks. I'll stick to my shea moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Add me to the list of resounding "nays" on this one- I am not a fan AT ALL! If you want a conditioner that is easy to use, this is not it. I have received this a handful of times over the years, this Xmas included. I still had a full bottle from last year, so I dug it out and tried it (again) this AM. Now I remember why it's been under my sink, unused, all year.

To start, the texture is odd. I appreciate a thick, creamy conditioner. Heck, in the winter, the thicker the better!! But this is the consistency of wet toothpaste. It took me quite a while to work this through my hair. Maybe it's because my hair is long but I need a good slip to my conditioner. It seemed to absorb into my hair but leave a waxy film. I lost a ton of hair just finger combing it through and by the time I was done, I had a sizable wad of my poor hair in my hands. Even leaving on my hair for the full five minutes, my hair was the strangest combination of dry but oddly coated once rinsed.

The only positive I can say is I had no issues with static. My hair is in no better condition than before using and has zero bounce or movement (I also lost a bunch in the process). I checked out the ingredients and the list it SO long! And mineral oil is very high on the list. Whaa????? You know when you get cooking oil on your hands and try to wash it off and the water beads up and takes forever to rinse off?? That is on my head!! I cannot wait to wash this out.

The only reason I gave it two stars is because I suspect it will work well as shave gel and the tube packaging is nice. As far as high end conditioners go, I will stick with it's a 10 silk express. It works twice as well in half the time...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I have 2b-c waves. Very fine in some areas, and coarse in others: wirey waves. High porosity, medium density, long hair.

I feel like this conditioner, although being well loved on the hair board, did nothing to hydrate my hair. Even when I saturated my hair with it, combed it through, and sat under a drier, then rinsed, it rinsed out and dried so dry... :/ This was a waste of $ for me. I noticed the second and third ingredients are alcohols, and in the middle of the list is coconut oil, which also dries out and strips my hair... Should have known better.

Note: the positive reviews for this product seem to relate to the old formulation. So many reviews describing this as horrible after 2010 reformulation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by darlingfee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells incredibly good, almost like I sprayed my hair with perfume. And that's the problem. I feel like this stuff has too many chemicals in it. It's a decent price for the big bottle it comes in but besides the great smell to it, it dryed my hair out ridiculously!! It felt like I had washed my hair with water when brushing my damp hair. Awful, I couldn't even finish the whole bottle. What a waste.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by D2theork

I used this for months and while its a decent product it smells good but didnt do much for my hair. thick dry and frizzy. so its ok but i have moved on to a different formula

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE SAM'S CLUB MEMBER'S MARK COMPARE TO NEXXUS HUMECTRESS
I really love it! I have coarse hair with DRY DRY ends and this stuff is great. I have been using the shampoo and conditioner together.

IT DOES NOT HAVE ALOT OF SLIP which is sometimes what people think a good conditioner is all about. slip sits on top of hair and makes hair FEEL conditioned and slick. On my hair this stuff sinks right in which to me means it is going deep and really conditioning and moisturizing. My hair hasn't felt this soft and looked this good in months. You may need to use a product with more slip for styling or to condition with afterwards if you must have that slick feel. The shampoo doesn't bubble up which means it's not stripping my hair of moisture. I think this is good stuff that can only be appreciated by those who let go of the "slip" idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for a few years and I still love it. The 33.8oz bottle at Target is $4.99. For the amount of product you get and the length of time it will last you, it's absolutely perfect. Just a little bit of this stuff completely moisturizes my hair. It comes out smooth and shiny. Probably my favorite thing about the product is that it makes combing easy. I have yet to have trouble with tangles after years of use, which was a problem with almost every other conditioner I've tried. Additionally, it has a good smell, and I'm constantly complimented on how nice my hair smells.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was okay.. I like the shampoo much better than the conditioner.. It wasn't all that bad but I had high hopes for the product since I loved the shampoo so much but the scent wasn't all that great and it wasn't anything special from other conditioners.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Bippityboppityboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the "generic value products" version of this. I used the nexxus brand about 10 years ago and thought it helped my bleached hair, but it took a long time to rinse out and if I didn't rinse it all out my hair looked horrible that day- greasy looking, chunked that combs couldn't run through smoothly and just sticky feeling. Anyway when I did rinse it out good enough I thought it was fine- back then the prices of products made me think they were really good for me of they were expensive, and the nexxus line was. So maybe it was all in my head. But fast forward to now and I don't use it as a rinse out. I hate standing in the shower for so long to thoroughly rinse that out and the bottle says you can use it as a leave in. So I do in winter it zaps my static electricity!!!! Love it for that reason!!!! My hair is bleached now and it's a good, on the heavy side leave in for me. I don't use it if I plan to blow dry or straighten- which is rare but when I just put some in and leave it in hair to air dry I really like it. Anyone with damaged bleached hair knows how lame it can look air drying and this stuff adds enough weight/conditioner to eliminate frizz, poufy ends and it makes my hair soft. There is a very small hold that it provides too. I don't even attempt to comb my hair wet because of the damage currently but i have before and it is combable with this in it as leave in but not like serums or gloss drops as a leave-in is.