December 21, 2014 | 1778 users online

Eyeliner - Rimmel - Special Eyes Eyeliner pencil in "Black Magic"

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Not impressed with this- at all. It's a simple pencil but there are so many better quality simple black eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by skyecakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price, I actually really like this eyeliner. I use it for my everyday look- just a simple line on my top lid plus a tiny wing at the end. I've never used it on my waterline though, but I never wear eyeliner on my waterline anyway.

Yes, it does smudge a little. But then again, I have really watery eyes and also I tend to rub them a lot. A little peek in the mirror and a swipe of your finger can correct the smudging, so it's not a big deal to me.

It goes on smoothly for me. Not as smoothly as some top-shelf eyeliners, but it's pretty good for a drugstore eyeliner. I'd definitely buy another once mine runs out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I seem to be in the minority here, but I was very disappointed by this eyeliner. I have it in three shades: Black Magic, Special Brown, and a light blue shade. It smudges and flakes off, and looks horrible. ) :
Next.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like how this stuff glides on.

It is quite smudgy, especially on the bottom. It also seems to have a blue/gray tint, it isn't pure true black.

It is cheap. It's better than other 3-4 dollar liners I have tried.

But, I like Exaggerate Eye Definer MUCH better. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ofjune

My shade: 161 Black Magic

Pros:
Good black colour.
Sharpens easily.
Doesn't drag or tug.
Cheap.
Washes off easily.

Cons:
Smudges a little after an hour or so, but easily corrected.
Blunts quickly.
Doesn't last very long on the waterlines.

I'm on about my 8th one of these eyeliners in about 4 years. I always come back to these as they're cheap and it's good to have a couple lying around the house or in my bag if I ever need eyeliner, but I wouldn't say it was amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by miniequalcrzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The reason I don't like this eyeliner that much is because I was running out of my other two black liners and wanted a new one, one that had A LOT of pigmentation. Not saying that this didn't have any pigmentation. It did. If I went over it 5 times. I was on the hunt for Milani's liquif'eye eyeliner however, after hearing amazing things about how intense black it was and bought this one after not being able to find the liquif'eye.
I actually hate this eyeliner I'm not going to lie, it smudges, doesn't show up unless I go over it a few times, and it's not creamy enough to swipe across my lid without it hurting a bit. But then again my lids, especially where the lash line is is very sensitive for me. What makes me really hate this liner is that I was going to buy the prestige total intensity one and changed my mind, then later found out (via makeup blogs) that that liner is basically one of the darkest liners on the planet.

So basically stay away unless you don't want an intense black liner and want subtle raccoon eyes by the time you get home from work or school.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner smudges very easily on the top lid. However I used it on my waterline and it was perfect, it didn't smudge or run and it's the first eyeliner that I've tried that worked perfectly on my waterline. It's $3USD so it's absolutely worth a try to see if it works for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I grabbed up two of these because they were a. cheap (like $2+ something) & b. i liked the name a lot! Well I should have chosen the regular black eyeliner. I realize now these are not a "kohl" that is smudgeable (and it doesnt say its a kohl....my mistake). Its a harder, stiffer formula that reminds me of how WnW liners use to be but they were .99 ea. Now WnW liners are better than these believe it or not! Disappointing. Ill keep them around for Halloween makeup pencils to draw cat whiskers with I guess. :-/ BTW - I did use it as a base to hold on a brown eyeshadow as a liner. It was nice to use for that but the formula is just too stiff & my skin is 34 years old so I dont feel good tugging on my eye skin to use this. Again...halloween makeup bin it goes!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this because it was the cheapest at my local wal-mart. I can't review this because I can't even apply it. It goes on great to my hand but it won't leave even the slighest mark on my eyes. I tried to apply it to my water line and got not even the slightest mark. It goes straight in the trash and I wasted $3.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by lollipopcandydrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is very smudgy. I dont use it for my top lashes but for the bottom. It smudges off too much on top and on bottom I do a fine fine line on my lash line. It doesnt stay on the waterline at all either. I dont like it too much and I wont repurchase it. There are far better eye pencils out there.