December 22, 2014 | 1737 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Daily Clarifying Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Mzdede23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG cowash! I have small tighter coils 4a (with a bit of 3c) n this detangles amazingly. I love that it has no protein / protein related ingredients (like coconut oil or aloe) & also no silicones. Great price, but what makes me sad is that it is somewhat hard to find :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by alisonst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is amaaaazing!! I have been co-washing for over a year now and by far this conditioner is the best I have used. It is gentle like a conditioner and lightly moisturizes, but it is also very cleaning, like a shampoo. Let's jump in:
Pros:
- Awesome price. 1.50 for a family size bottle? Yes please.
- No cones or sulfate! CG friendly, so hard to find on a budget :)
- Light, minimal scent. The smell is clean and does not linger for long after rinsing.
- No build up at all, but is still moisturizing. Leaves hair soft and silky with no trace of weight (something I often have a problem with)
- So cleaning! Even if you are soaked in sweat or have major hair spray build up (or both, yikes), this stuff will get it out with some light massaging.

Cons:
- Like all of the suave natural conditioners this stuff is pretty thin, so if you are like me and want to feel like every strand of hais is being soaked in conditioner you will need a lot of it.

Overall: LOVE this stuff, will buy again and again. A must-try if you are a co-washer or would like to be, or if you are looking for a conditioner that provides an extra cleaning kick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:58:00 AM More reviews by graceface07

I had tried co-washing with Wen a few years back and didn't have much success so I was skeptical when trying this from the get go. I have fine straight-ish hair that is typically greasy at the roots. Before doing my first co-wash I did use a clarifying shampoo two nights before (neutrogena anti residue). I noted that this version of their condish was 100% oil free. When I first opened the Suave I loved the smell! Almost reminded me of the original Herbal Essence Shampoos but not as overwhelmingly floral, more on the clean side. I let some luke warm water run through my hair for a minute or two. Then I applied this to my scalp just like I would with Wen. At first this felt so weird but I went with it. After I shaved my legs I splashed some water into my hands and began massaging my roots to try and work a lather into my scalp and ran the rest through my ends. I couldn't believe it, it actually felt like it was frothing up, almost like it turned into a mousse texture! I could tell something was happening. There are no silicones or sulfates in this, just some surfactants gentle enough to clean without shattering the cuticle. I let it sit for another few minutes and then rinsed. I was able to easily comb through with a wide tooth comb and then dried with a t-shirt to prevent breakage and then went to bed. I looked in the mirror the next morning and couldn't believe it: My hair had volume at the roots. It was shiny and volumized all at once. My hair looked like it posessed natural body - I didn't need a blow dry to get this affect. I also noted that my hair still had some scent lingering through it. I will definately repurchase! I also couldn't believe how many compliments I got on my hair when I arrived at work the next morning. My split ends had disappeared and people had noted the increased volume and wanted to know what I had done. This single handed-ly turned me into a co-washer at 1.00 - so if you are new to cowashing try this before wasting your money on more expensive gimmicky products! update: day two after washing and my hair still feels clean and volumized so you don't have to clean every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by siouxie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stuff freaking rocks. Like the packaging, like the fragrance, like the product. Use for CO shampooing with a dollop of shampoo for a pinch more cleansing. Blondes (am "bottle" blonde) have to have clean hair, otherwise highlights look dull. Brunettes can get away with a little dirtier hair for that reason. Make sure you follow up with a good conditioner. Price is great, and who the hell needs WEN that costs $$$, they tell you 8 pumps or more of product. Ridiculous, unless you got money to burn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG conditioner! OMG! Wow- I am shocked. I've spent big $ on salon brands like Redken, Rusk, Wella, Biomatrix, etc and none of them do what this conditioner does! This formula/brand is the super underdog in the world of conditioners. If you have super fine wavy/straight/curly hair that gets easily weighed down by silicones, oils, etc. in a conditioner, but you want bouncy, shiny, conditioned (but not weighed-down) hair ---- THIS IS the conditioner to get! Super dirt cheap - less than $1.50 at Walmart and the like. I dab this in my wet hair, leave in about 1-2 min and rinse out to get silky tange-free hair; i air-dry my hair and it's never looked better - Not that "dirty" heavy feeling, just shiny and soft!! I'm going out today to stock up on more.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at Target the other day. I CO-wash and gave it a try yesterday. My hair was nice and soft, my waves look great, BUT...my scalp itches like crazy and my scalp never itches after CO-washing. I will be using this conditioner for shaving from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Akyker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using panteen pro-v for about a year now. I loved that stuff at first. I made a big difference on my crazy dry frizzy hair. Slowly but surely my hair started to loose its curl and volume. I started getting what looked like dandruff (product build up) and my forehead was getting pimples and was red and itchy and sore. I read about how that product can build up and how using a clarifying shampoo and conditioner can help remove the build up. I wa skeptical that this wacky problem. It seemed too easy. I tried this and the shampoo and even in the shower I could feel the difference. My hair felt so clean. I didn't know how much the other product had built up. I got out of the tub and noticed my curl was back immediately. My curl pattern in ugly, but it heat styles well.. Anyway, this product got rid of the flakey itchy sore scalp and broken out forehead. It is wondeful for that. But if you are like me, you will have to use some deep conditioners to keep from having fried looking hair. I was just cursed with a fuzz ball on top of my head. Ha! But this and the shampoo are worth every penny. I plan to alternate between this and panteen pro-v for my hair type. Thank you suave for the wonderful product. It smells pretty good, too!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by AudreyElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome every day conditioner, although I do preffer Waterfall Mists over this. It's the one thing that my mother consistantly buys.... and she is probably the PICKIEST person on the face of the planet.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sushivorous

I showered at my boyfriend's place over the weekend, and since he uses product in his hair several times a week, he uses this shampoo and conditioner combo. I have an oily scalp and dry ends, and my hair has never felt cleaner or silkier! I let it air dry throughout the day and flat ironed it at night before going out. I was VERY impressed and surprised that SUAVE did this! I like Suave's Professionals line, but never expected their cheap clarifying shampoo and conditioner to leave my hair feeling WAY better than Dove, Garnier, Aussie, etc. The only thing I don't like is the smell... the shampoo is fine, but the conditioner smells a bit "dusty" to me? My hair itself smelled fine, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is almost as good as Suave's wonderful clarifying shampoo, but not quite. It detangles and softens my color-treated hair beautifully without weighting it down, but falls short with respect to adding shine. But at the price -- well under 2 bucks for 22.5 ounces -- I won't complain. It's really a remarkable value and is a definite repurchase.