April 19, 2014 | 1592 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Shea Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by gatocarrapato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

- Smells great!
- it really make the skin smoth for a long period
- it's gently to use

But,
- Everything in the bathtub gets very oily after, not so easy to wash out. It's very oily.
. The package isn't the best. Difficult to take the right amount of the product from the package.
- I'm not sure if the skin get's really benifits, or if only feels smother because it's oily after.

Fore sure there's better products than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by hautecouture09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I got it when the store was having a big sale!

Pros:
- Makes your skin seriously soft, my legs haven't been so smooth/soft in a long time.
- The soft warm nutty fragrance smells delicious.
- The exfoliant is gentle, compared to other scrubs.

Cons:
- As others have said, the packaging sucks. The granules from the sugar and salt in the scrub make it difficult to close the lid entirely.

I will continue to buy this product as I feel it is great for keeping my body exfoliated.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bbbrittany

Let me start of by saying that I am in love with using this product...as a body wash that is. This scrub is shea butter based, with fairly large salt grains and soy oil. I love the moisturizing properties of the oil and butter but I find that the salt grains melt quite quickly and that they're just too delicate to properly scrub my skin.
Pros:
- The shea butter/soy oil mixture is a fantastic moisturizer...I dont even have to moisturize after getting out of the shower when I use it!
- Leaves my skin feeling dewy and soft, not greasy!
- Has a pleasant smell
Cons:
- The packaging is HORRIBLE! I have no idea how the body shop hasn't thought to change it by now. Water always gets in the tub and I find it hard to screw the top back on with my wet hands after having used it. Now this could be due to my own stupidity, but in any case I would much prefer it to be in a pump bottle.
- The salt grains are not exfoliating enough and melt too quickly.

I find that the positive outweighs the negative, but I had to deduct two lippies as I feel it just does not do it's job in the exfoliation department which is what it is marketed as.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very gentle scrub, with small beads that melt on your body. Personally I can't stand those scrubs that feel like they're scratching your skin. This one feels great on the skin and it leaves it very moisturized (you could even skin moisturizer). Also, I find the smell delicious.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

PROS:
- Smells very nice.
- Is oil-based so leaves my skin smooth so that I don't even need lotion after showering, even with my dry legs!
NEUTRAL:
- Gentle, in the sense that the particles aren't harsh as other scrubs are. This is good for sensitive skins but less great because it doesn't exfoliate as well as other body scrubs do.
CONS:
- Makes my skin sting like hell if I use it within 24 hours of shaving my legs. The burning sensation does go away within 10mins.
- Packaging is crap, I really have a lot of trouble opening and closing the lid. Nowadays I just tend to leave it almost open and just make sure not to touch it and accidentally drop the whole thing everywhere.
Overall a nice scrub and I would buy again, if only for the nice smell and moisturising properties.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is okay. Not overly abrasive but I like to use it with a washcloth or on dry skin to make it a little more scrubby. The shea one is meant for very dry skin so it is oil based and it leaves a kind of film on your skin. I just use it on arms and legs (and I love it for my hands!) so it doesn't bother me but I wouldn't use it on body areas that are prone to breaking out. Would prefer it in a tube, the tub is a little inconvenient in the shower but it's manageable. And I love the smell! It smells like boy, and it's strong but it doesn't really linger on your skin. Would repurchase, but like most body shop products I would wait for a BOGO or use my points.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

this isn't much of a scrub, it seems the scrubby particles melt away when you use it??
i gave it a 5 because i found another great use for it!
it is a great in-shower body moisturiser!!
it leaves my skin so so soft that i don't need to use a moisturiser and even though it is a bit slippery and oily feeling, i don't mind it :) it leaves out having to moisturise and feel wet when i put my clothes on! it also leaves a nice smell on my skin for an hour or two after
it smells great, i love the smell so much it was why i bought it, i am a fan of the shea body butter anyway so i thought id try this. I've tried the coconut scrub, wasn't very good :( i prefer this one
the price was okay, i paid $30 for 3 products before christmas in the US, and it is normally much more expensive back home here in Australia.
I would repurchase again due to the fact that i found a better use for it than a scrub, in terms of a scrub, its pitiful lol

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by locadiva

I really like this scrub, but it has two downsides. It doesn't scrub enough for me (I like it on the ruff side..hh) and it doesn't moisturizes enough alone. Maybe it will be better used on dry skin as someone below mentions. But if I use it with the Shea Body Butter it works, so I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SydVicious87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. The trick is to use while you're dry before you turn on the water. I scrub each body part for about 1-2 minutes and then rinse. I'm really soft afterwards and don't necessarily have to use lotion. People always comment on how soft my skin is. Try it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by calamityjane85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For a SCRUB this product is lacking. There is not enough exfoliants in there to do anything, however, i have never had more moisturized skin when pairing this with the shea body butter. I just wish it had more salt/sugar in there to scrub more, then i would be in love. The smell is strange though, not like shea at all. Its nice though, non offensive, and my skin feels great after using.