I found this to be just okay - nothing amazing, but definitely not as bad as some of the drugstore brands I've tried in the past. It's good that the sugar and salt melts away as you use it so you're not left with lots of annoying (and potentially dangerous) granules in the bottom of the shower, but I didn't find it overly moisturising and unlike other scrubs I've used, I still felt the need to apply body lotion after use.
Finally the scent of this wasn't what I was expecting. I'm not really sure what Shea is supposed to smell like but this smelt very much like coconut to me which isn't my favourite scent. You also don't get a huge amount for your money - 200ml for £13.00 - meaning this works out to be a pretty expensive scrub for the amount of uses you get out of it.
amazing !! super moisturizing to the skin and gently takes off all dead skin when used with their scrubbing gloves...the smell is heavenly and lasts for hours after you wash it off ur body
I find it great as a scrub for sensitive skin (like my current situation) as the granules of salt and sugar does melt away after a while. I use a loofah so that helps to prolong the scrubbing.
Also I love that it is so moisturising that I don't need to use lotion or moisturiser afterwards. I just leave like that and feel thoroughly moisturised the whole day or whole night.
Very oily though. Leaves the bathroom all oily. But great for my dry skin.
Terrible packaging, just like other reviewers said.
- Smells great!
- it really make the skin smoth for a long period
- it's gently to use
- Everything in the bathtub gets very oily after, not so easy to wash out. It's very oily.
. The package isn't the best. Difficult to take the right amount of the product from the package.
- I'm not sure if the skin get's really benifits, or if only feels smother because it's oily after.
Fore sure there's better products than this.
I love this product! I got it when the store was having a big sale!
- Makes your skin seriously soft, my legs haven't been so smooth/soft in a long time.
- The soft warm nutty fragrance smells delicious.
- The exfoliant is gentle, compared to other scrubs.
- As others have said, the packaging sucks. The granules from the sugar and salt in the scrub make it difficult to close the lid entirely.
I will continue to buy this product as I feel it is great for keeping my body exfoliated.
Let me start of by saying that I am in love with using this product...as a body wash that is. This scrub is shea butter based, with fairly large salt grains and soy oil. I love the moisturizing properties of the oil and butter but I find that the salt grains melt quite quickly and that they're just too delicate to properly scrub my skin. But, that is easily remedied with a Salux scrub cloth.
This is a very gentle scrub, with small beads that melt on your body. Personally I can't stand those scrubs that feel like they're scratching your skin. This one feels great on the skin and it leaves it very moisturized (you could even skin moisturizer). Also, I find the smell delicious.
- Smells very nice.
- Is oil-based so leaves my skin smooth so that I don't even need lotion after showering, even with my dry legs!
- Gentle, in the sense that the particles aren't harsh as other scrubs are. This is good for sensitive skins but less great because it doesn't exfoliate as well as other body scrubs do.
- Makes my skin sting like hell if I use it within 24 hours of shaving my legs. The burning sensation does go away within 10mins.
- Packaging is crap, I really have a lot of trouble opening and closing the lid. Nowadays I just tend to leave it almost open and just make sure not to touch it and accidentally drop the whole thing everywhere.
Overall a nice scrub and I would buy again, if only for the nice smell and moisturising properties.
This is okay. Not overly abrasive but I like to use it with a washcloth or on dry skin to make it a little more scrubby. The shea one is meant for very dry skin so it is oil based and it leaves a kind of film on your skin. I just use it on arms and legs (and I love it for my hands!) so it doesn't bother me but I wouldn't use it on body areas that are prone to breaking out. Would prefer it in a tube, the tub is a little inconvenient in the shower but it's manageable. And I love the smell! It smells like boy, and it's strong but it doesn't really linger on your skin. Would repurchase, but like most body shop products I would wait for a BOGO or use my points.
this isn't much of a scrub, it seems the scrubby particles melt away when you use it??
i gave it a 5 because i found another great use for it!
it is a great in-shower body moisturiser!!
it leaves my skin so so soft that i don't need to use a moisturiser and even though it is a bit slippery and oily feeling, i don't mind it :) it leaves out having to moisturise and feel wet when i put my clothes on! it also leaves a nice smell on my skin for an hour or two after
it smells great, i love the smell so much it was why i bought it, i am a fan of the shea body butter anyway so i thought id try this. I've tried the coconut scrub, wasn't very good :( i prefer this one
the price was okay, i paid $30 for 3 products before christmas in the US, and it is normally much more expensive back home here in Australia.
I would repurchase again due to the fact that i found a better use for it than a scrub, in terms of a scrub, its pitiful lol