The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Octyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Helianthus annuus (Sunflower Seed Oil) (Emollient), Sucrose (Depilatory Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Glycine soja (Soybean Oil) (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Parfum (Fragrance), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Ricinus communis (Castor Oil) (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Propylparaben (Preservative), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary Extract) (Natural Additive), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 77891 (Colour).

on 6/18/2015 1:07:00 PM

I just finished this body scrub so I thought I should write a review... It is a sugar- based scrub, not so thick and It's not harsh at all. It does the job, the scent is beautiful and I was positively surprised to find my skin perfectly moisturized after using it, so there was no need to use a body lotion! Keep in mind that I have oily skin, so I cannot say if it can be moisturizing enough on dry skin. A great scrub that i will repurchase at some point!

on 6/16/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had tried the Satsuma polish before and was left unsatisfied with its lack of exfoliating power. I asked one the sales associates for a better product, and she recommended a few of the scrubs, including this one. I am very impressed with this product. It exfoliates nearly perfectly, yet, my skin isn't left feeling dry or tight. It leaves my skin with moisture and incredible smoothness, even on stubbly legs. Have already bought again and stocked some away!
If you want a good price on this, just wait a bit. TBS often has sales, in which this product is included.

on 11/1/2014 7:43:00 AM

I found this to be just okay - nothing amazing, but definitely not as bad as some of the drugstore brands I've tried in the past. It's good that the sugar and salt melts away as you use it so you're not left with lots of annoying (and potentially dangerous) granules in the bottom of the shower, but I didn't find it overly moisturising and unlike other scrubs I've used, I still felt the need to apply body lotion after use.

Finally the scent of this wasn't what I was expecting. I'm not really sure what Shea is supposed to smell like but this smelt very much like coconut to me which isn't my favourite scent. You also don't get a huge amount for your money - 200ml for 13.00 - meaning this works out to be a pretty expensive scrub for the amount of uses you get out of it.

on 8/25/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

amazing !! super moisturizing to the skin and gently takes off all dead skin when used with their scrubbing gloves...the smell is heavenly and lasts for hours after you wash it off ur body

on 7/25/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I find it great as a scrub for sensitive skin (like my current situation) as the granules of salt and sugar does melt away after a while. I use a loofah so that helps to prolong the scrubbing.

Also I love that it is so moisturising that I don't need to use lotion or moisturiser afterwards. I just leave like that and feel thoroughly moisturised the whole day or whole night.

Very oily though. Leaves the bathroom all oily. But great for my dry skin.

Terrible packaging, just like other reviewers said.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

- Smells great!
- it really make the skin smoth for a long period
- it's gently to use

But,
- Everything in the bathtub gets very oily after, not so easy to wash out. It's very oily.
. The package isn't the best. Difficult to take the right amount of the product from the package.
- I'm not sure if the skin get's really benifits, or if only feels smother because it's oily after.

Fore sure there's better products than this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I got it when the store was having a big sale!

Pros:
- Makes your skin seriously soft, my legs haven't been so smooth/soft in a long time.
- The soft warm nutty fragrance smells delicious.
- The exfoliant is gentle, compared to other scrubs.

Cons:
- As others have said, the packaging sucks. The granules from the sugar and salt in the scrub make it difficult to close the lid entirely.

I will continue to buy this product as I feel it is great for keeping my body exfoliated.

on 3/26/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Let me start of by saying that I am in love with using this product...as a body wash that is. This scrub is shea butter based, with fairly large salt grains and soy oil. I love the moisturizing properties of the oil and butter but I find that the salt grains melt quite quickly and that they're just too delicate to properly scrub my skin. But, that is easily remedied with a Salux scrub cloth.

on 3/10/2013 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a very gentle scrub, with small beads that melt on your body. Personally I can't stand those scrubs that feel like they're scratching your skin. This one feels great on the skin and it leaves it very moisturized (you could even skin moisturizer). Also, I find the smell delicious.

on 3/2/2013 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

PROS:
- Smells very nice.
- Is oil-based so leaves my skin smooth so that I don't even need lotion after showering, even with my dry legs!
NEUTRAL:
- Gentle, in the sense that the particles aren't harsh as other scrubs are. This is good for sensitive skins but less great because it doesn't exfoliate as well as other body scrubs do.
CONS:
- Makes my skin sting like hell if I use it within 24 hours of shaving my legs. The burning sensation does go away within 10mins.
- Packaging is crap, I really have a lot of trouble opening and closing the lid. Nowadays I just tend to leave it almost open and just make sure not to touch it and accidentally drop the whole thing everywhere.
Overall a nice scrub and I would buy again, if only for the nice smell and moisturising properties.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products