September 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Styling Products - Redken - So Long Heat Treat [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Lailani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product for anyone who uses hot rollers - you get a nice curl, soft hair, and so far the condition of my hair seems to be improving! I have long, dry, colored hair with a strong curl in some parts and before I used this I had to layer a L'Oreal setting lotion over Sebastian Potion 9, OVER a layer of Rene Furterer Okara conditioner to make the frizzies into curls. This makes it a lot easier! 2 bits of advice - the smell is horrible but give it ten minutes and it goes away, and I would pour it into a bottle with a better spray nozzle if you have lots of hair like I do. This comes out like a garden hose - a lot, suddenly, and very much in one place! Otherwise this is the best setting lotion I've found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2005 4:02:00 AM More reviews by do1ng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this one! I use it before blow-drying and it makes my hair feel so soft, shiny and silky. After shampooing my hair is usually "too clean" and this one helps for it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 8:59:00 PM More reviews by 1MegMeg

I've been using this product a long time, back when my hair was long and now with my shorter (above the shoulder) cut. So long works wonderfully in a behind the scenes, not so obvious way. That is, when I use it I am not totally wowed and OMG about my hair, however I notice a *huge* difference if I don't use it. My hair is baby fine, thin, and naturally wavy (but I blow it out every time I wash it). A couple of weeks ago I inadvertently forgot to use it in the morning and even though the rest of my hair routine remained the same, something just wasn't "right" with my hair. It was slightly frizzier, much more difficult to blow out straight, and all around not happy. I definitely attribute it to not using So Long. Never again will I forget it! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2004 9:56:00 AM More reviews by desha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My course hair is like a sponge and literally drinks anything I put on it and disappears. This product really delivered. It protected my hair from flat iron/curling iron, left a shine and made my hair look very healthy. I don't think this is for fine hair ladies or for people who hate the idea of any kind of oily residue. However, it's very protective and if you do have fine hair definitely use it SPARINGLY. In fact a little goes a long way with this product for all hair types. It's worth investigating, especially if you use heating implements regularly and you have long hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2004 11:59:00 PM More reviews by kittykisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just recently purchased a ceramic flat iron and I'm on the prowl to find a HG status heat protective product, I've tried several and this so far has been the best, it's a tad heavy but it seems to be protecting. It also leaves your hair very soft without the horrible crunchy feel to it that some of the other sprays leave.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2004 8:30:00 AM More reviews by 1MegMeg

I began using Heat Treat right after my last hair cut (i.e. I had no split ends) and have definitely noticed a difference in the health of my hair, specifically split ends. My hair is baby fine, thin, and long so it does tend to get split ends easily. However, a just a few sprays of heat treat leaves my hair soft, shiney, and split end free. I see other reviewers have commented on the scent. I don't mind the scent at all, in fact I don't really notice it and it does dissipate very quickly. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Nickilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had this sitting in my closet for months before I finally tried it and am SO glad I did. Just a few spritzes before blowdrying leaves my dry and frizzy hair feeling soft and shiny. I will definately repurchase this! I have read other reviews about 'the smell', but I dont really notice anything out of the ordinary, I have had hairsprays smell worse than this :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2004 3:54:00 AM More reviews by brend

It smells good and that's about it. I've also noticed (along with a friend) that whenever I use this and blowdry, my hair dries faster. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.Even so, I finished it just for the sake of finishing it (I bought the shampoo(bad),conditioner(bad) and this..I had to finish at least one!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2004 12:37:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

**My hair type is thin color treated (light blonde) with oily roots and dry ends** The first time i used this my hair felt a little stiff, but after giving it a few more tries using less product.. it seems to help with keeping my split ends down and my ends less fried after using a curling iron and flat iron. The smell is awful but it doesnt last. Great product to get a sample size spray in. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2003 12:13:00 AM More reviews by wildcatcutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a fabulous product, but it seems to be working. I bought this when I got my hair cut this weekend. So far, it seems to be preventing the split ends (they usually return soon after cutting my hair). It has a funny smell, kind of like a rotten banana. The smell doesn't last too long, so it's not a problem.