July 26, 2014 | 1646 users online

Fragrances - BeneFit Cosmetics - Maybe Baby

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first came to love Maybe Baby through a number of dupes I tried from different B&B etailers. I looked for the actual perfume high and low locally and nowhere sells it. I eventually ordered it from Sephora (until they stopped selling it). Luckily while visiting my boyfriends family in Alberta (I'm in B.C.) I noticed they sell it at their Shoppers Drug Marts. I was so happy. Now I'm savouring my last bottle for myself. This isn't a scent you're going to get a lot of comments on because it is such a light smell that really you are wearing it for yourself. I asked my friend if she could smell it on me one day and it wasn't until she got right up close that she said she could smell it and she said she did catch a whiff of it every once in a while, but thought it was my shampoo. That is what it smells like to me, fresh fruity floral shampoo/body wash. I really get a beautiful sweet almost peachy/apricotty note on a bed of white floral. I think this is a young scent and extremely girly. If I had a young daughter and wanted to get her a first perfume this is the kind of light inoffensive scent I'd want her to wear. This is a spring scent for me and it makes me feel very feminine. I'll continue to keep this in my rotation as long as they make it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Another generic, forgettable (although pleasant smelling) soft floral.

I have been wearing this for work in a very conservative office. No one has commented on it (a good thing, some people's fragrances are so strong that they overpower the room) so it must be very faint or have worn off by the time I get to work. I definitely cannot smell this on me or my clothing at the end if the day, and so won't buy again as I prefer a fragrance that lasts.

It supposedly has bergamot notes in (which I adore) but I can't smell anything but a faint simple white floral note. I don't detect any fruit that other reviewers mentioned but I'm not good at noticing different notes in a fragrance. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice fragrance, girly , sweet and pleasant, just nothing outstanding.

From Fragrantica: Top notes are white ginger and apricot; middle notes are cyclamen, litchi and bergamot; base notes are peach, white musk and poppy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This is akin to Ralph by Ralph Lauren in that it is an inoffensive, feminine fragrance. Maybe Baby is not earth-shattering in its bouquet; the scent is bright and relatively linear. I would say the peach and apricot dominate the other notes. While the perfume is decent, the longevity is pretty poor. I can't smell this on my skin about 2 hours after wear. There really isn't anything terribly inventive or compelling about this fragrance, yet there's nothing to dislike about it either. Pleasant, albeit boring.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Thaxter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been wearing this fragrance on and off for several years, after I had read an article in Mademoiselle that said that men rated it as their most preferred scent. I find a lily of the valley top note, which dries down to a unoffensive floral, not too sweet, not too powdery.

I never get headaches wearing this. It's very light. I find more peach than grapefrult in the heart note, even though apparently it was the grapefruit that men detected and liked.

I have a work suite member who is sensitive to fragrances, so I have to find scents that only I can smell. This light fragrance is perfect if you must work in a rather sterile PC environment. Sillage is actually pretty decent, and I find this blooms a bit in the afternoon.

Ultimately this is a bit sweet for my taste and I am looking forward to finding that perfect light fragrance for every day that has more mystery and grass in it, is more complex but still unoffensive and undetectable except at close range.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by althea77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this off and on for years. It's light and clean smelling. Not too sweet for me, kind of peachy and floral but not heavy. I carry it around with me and seem to get compliments. It's pretty expensive, but in my experience you have to spend a little money or the scent smells cheap. I did like the old, round bottle better than the taller, skinny one they sell now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A rather cloying and generic fruity floral fragrance. This is a simple perfume that goes on very strong. Certainly not worth the pricetag.

This one triggers migraines for me, and I do not usually have this problem with perfumes in general.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Maybe Baby is a very light, flory, and fruity scent. The notes that really stand out to me are Cyclamen and Peach. There is a very light musk scent that comes out in the drydown, which is really nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've loved this perfume for years, lovely and peachy, smells very strong when it first goes on but wears off slowly through out the day, has good longevity.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Goes on like pure lily of the valley. Dries to the fruits without tartness, so I don't know where the bergamot or litchi got to. There's a synthetic note that comes out on me that makes it smell a little cheap. Very sheer and hard to detect, very linear and simple. Not my thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the clean smell (I don't smell any fruit in it at all), but it doesn't last as long as I would like. Someone the other day said it smelled like Coco Mademoiselle on me. For the price, I'm all for that.