December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Makeup Brushes - By Terry - Cheek Brush / Pochoir Stencil 1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this brush ion the Space NK sale recently so I guess it is probably discontinued, but I felt the need to write a review because I think it's amazing. As the other reviewers have said, it is a flat-top brush with short, dense bristles made from natural hair. The handle is quite fat, so the bristles don't really splay outwards from the ferrule and are very densely packed.

When I tried using this for blush, I wasn't overly impressed. I know that's what it's meant for, but I felt it picked up too much colour and the density of the bristles made it better for blending colour out than putting it on. Then I tried using it for foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear, to be precise). Honestly, this is hands-down the best foundation brush I have ever used. It works along the same lines as the MAC 187, but while I find that I have to do a lot of work with the 187, this makes stippling effortless. It doesn't shed like a lot of brushes made from natural hair (hello, MAC 109), but gives a completely flawless finish, and I feel like I use less foundation than I did before because the brush does all the work.

If you are looking for a new foundation brush and can get your hands on this, or even if you have it and have only ever tried using it for blush, I strongly recommend you give it a try for foundation. For me, it has been a revelation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Absalom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is very unique in that it has a flat top but the bristles are shorter than other brushes like this, which allows for as much control as possible when it comes to placement of blushes.
This unique brush also allows for buffing in the edges to blend away any harshness from initial application of blushes and /or bronzers.

I find bT brushes soft but maintains enough body in the hairs to not interfere in the performance.
I've used it and washed it twice. I found no shedding or any other problems that the other review noticed.

This brush is expensive but well worth it if your budget allows for it.
It's the second from the bottom

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2003 12:18:00 AM More reviews by msp12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update: I deducted two points as the brush has turned out to be a shedding monster. Furthermore, the bristles kink easily. These unfortunate occurances have not affected the quality of application, which is superb, however, I am doubtful that this brush will survive the year :(

What a tool! All puns intended. This is my first by Terry brush (and may very well be my last, given the extremely prohibitive price), and I could not be more pleased. One could find comparably soft bristles from any number of cosmetic lines, however, I find the slightly concave shape and short length of the bristles to be unique and incredibly useful for a soft, yet precise, blush application. Your cheeks literally fit into the hollow of the brush.

Here are the specs: 5 ¼” handle length; 7/8” bristle length; 7/8” diameter.
The bristles emit a very foul, old-fur-coat smell when first washed, but the odor goes away after a few washings. Another downside to the fine and densely packed bristles is that it takes 24+ hours for the brush to air dry after washing. I cannot comment on the durability of the brush as yet, but I hope I will not have to edit this review soon, as even on sale this brush was an extremely frivolous purchase. Now if only eluxury would include the gorgeous kabuki in their current sale…
continued >>