November 23, 2014 | 2073 users online

Polishes - Urban Decay - Asphyxia

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a great lover of duochrome lilac/violet colours. I bought this from eBay after seeing it on the internet, and I'm glad I did! Application was fine, and the brush was easy to use. It took a little longer than usual to dry, but this might be due to my applying a topcoat of Sally Hansen Maximum Growth a bit too thickly over this. Consequently, it streaked a little overnight. Lasting power was good- after five days, the polish chipped on only two of my fingernails.

I LOVE the colour- it's more irridescent in the morning and afternoon, and looks more opaque (a monochrome lilac) in the evening. The funny thing is, I also purchased Bourjois Violet Exotic at the same time, and it's almost exactly the same colour! The only difference seems to be that the quality of Violet Exotic is noticeably better than Asphyxia, and Violet Exotic is also more sheer. Therefore, I might not repurchase Asphyxia if I can purchase Violet Exotic for the same price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

ASPHYXIA is a light pink, with a lilac/silver iridescence & shimmer, depending on the light. It looks lovely against my nw15 colouring. The polish is very sheer, so 3 coats will be needed to get the best results.

I love the colour; however the wear of the polish didnít wow me. It starts to chip after 1 day on me, despite me using a good base & top coat. Also, it can bubble on my nails & it does tend to streak.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rawrmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a VERY cool toned pinky lilacy silver, with super fine blue, silver and magenta shimmer throughout. It applied super thin, so it took 3 coats to be fully opaque. As you can see it bubbled on a few nails, which I think is actually because my Seche Vite thickened up quite a bit. Don't mind the chips, this was taken after a few facials and waxings, so I cant be to accurate on how long it lasts. I really like this color, but it does look kind of freaky in the bottle :)

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Mel_C_home

This is a irridescent pink with a lavender flash and a very slight hint of pink glitter (very hard to see unless under sunlight). The coverage was OK, but it was on the sheer side. With a good base & top coat, I got decent wear. I'm putting this up for swap though because I just have too many colors like this and it didn't "wow" me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2007 8:26:00 AM More reviews by lizsybarite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I may have figured out how to make UD polishes "stick!" I just bought a bunch of them off the UD Web site and applied over DHC Base coat (which is less peel-y on my nails than OPI's Nail Envy), and under OPI top coat. I've now been wearing Asphyxia for two days and only chipped two nails slightly (because I'm a klutz); just fixed 'em, and it didn't take long to do. I am much more impressed than I thought I'd be! Frankly, I have trouble keep ANY kind of polish on my fingernails, so I'm amazed that they still look so good.

Asphyxia is a lavender pink duochrome shade with microshimmer that flashes pink and blue in the light. As I love the eyeshadow by the same name, I knew I had to add this one to my collection. Like many of the new-formula UD polishes, Asphyxia is somewhat sheer - I got the best color payoff with three layers. However, because it dries so fast, it doesn't take that long to do. I've never used a polish that dried so fast and so SMOOTH: the thinness of the formula makes it possible to have smooth-as-glass nails with no visible brush marks (a result I hardly ever achieve with OPI). I'm in love! With a little product savvy and extra prep time, UD polishes are well worth the $5 you can now buy them for on urbanddecay.com :)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2003 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Rose9543

I really liked this hue of purple! It's a lavender, with a blue sheen to it. It is just really cute, I used it at my friend's house and I loved it so much I went out and bought it! It's $9.50, but this one is worth it! Also, it stays on my nails for awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2003 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Blacklogik

Very mucky color, didn't stand out at all. Showed up like a typical low-quality run-of-the-mill pink.