September 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Oui

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by tanbaru

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Totally irrelevant; you can just skip past this: I was recently heartbroken when my rather irresponsible room mate dropped my beloved Tresor In Love (Lancome) and it shattered into a million pieces. The upside I guess was that my bedroom smelled absolutely lovely for a few days after.

I was walking by Lancome yesterday and decided to replace the Tresor. While the saleswoman was packing it up, I spied a rather ugly perfume bottle that looked more like an old fashioned men's cologne bottle. I took a whiff of it and OH MY GOD WHAT SORCERY IS THIS TAKE MY MONEY. The saleswoman said she didn't know the name of the perfume (which I thought was a total fail, Dear Lancome, you need to train your sales people) and went off to get me a bottle. The perfume turned out to be Oui and I am rather surprised I had never heard of it before since I love love Lancome.

If you haven't guessed by now, I purchased the heck out of that bottle. I am terrible with top notes and bottom notes etc, but the one thing I always ask is whether there is any jasmine. I hate the smell of jasmine. The perfume smells like a glorious summer's day, it's pleasantly flowery and not over powering. I don't know what pheromones Lancome has put in it, but it's been driving my boyfriend crazy :)

If I ran out or lost this product, would I buy it again? Hell yeah.

Pros:
1. The fragrance.
2. It's long lasting (at least 12 hours on me but I guess it's dependent on body chemistry)
3. Not at all over powering or headache inducing
4. For fellow jasmine haters, no jasmine notes at all!

Cons:
Gosh, Lancome, what an ugly bottle! But I guess that's part of the perfume's charm.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by shoshana25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I know someone that uses this at my school. Smells like shampoo to my nose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

I think this is a really underrated scent. It seems simple, but it's elegant. It is very floral but there's a hint of citrus too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by MincePie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love O Oui. I still have this product in the frosted bottle and it was an instant hit since I bought it. To me it's light and spring scented. On me, it lasts all day. I've tried to share how pleasant an experience it is for me with others and they were turned off by it. At a department store, 2 women turned up their noses at the scent.

So, definitely try this for a day and around your loved ones before buying it. There was a note that always made it seem unique to me, and upon reading details on a fragrance site, I realized it has a vodka note. I'm not sure how they accomplish that, but yes, I think that's the part of the scent that I don't smell in other fragrances.

I'm no fragrance expert, but I detect white flowers, citrus, perhaps this vodka note, and whatever is in "clean" scents that make them smell clean. It's just light and feminine without being juvenile. It works for my chemistry and I recommend giving it a try on yours.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by cat0261

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this perfume without trying it out before hand...BIG MISTAKE

I dont know what it is but i hate it. It smells almost like burning plastic really awful , i wish i could get to like it and i have tried but i just ended up hating it even more with every time i forced myself to use it.

Annoying because there are so many great reviews about it...Seems it just doesn't work with my chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fabulous white floral, perfectly blended. This is among the top four florals out there. Smells just like a June garden in full bloom, with lilys, roses, hyacinth, jasmin. It all blends so beautifully. Reminds me of BLU II but has lasting power and is even more sumptuous. Just slightly sweet. That wonderful flower smell surrounds you and takes you over. I have smelled a huge amount of perfumes lately, hundreds. I have spent a small fortune on samples from The Perfumed Court. There are hundreds of nice florals out there. Hohum. Whatever. This one bowled me over. I had gone to get my bottle of O de Lancome at Nordstrom, a wonderful green chypre, and this knocked my socks off when I sprayed some on. Usually I like my florals as one note soliflores, such as Muguet Blanc. But this takes it to another level. Try it. You will like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by botitas1977

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! I loooove this perfume. Im VERY picky about scents. This smells so young/sexy/fresh/clean. Does NOT smell granny like or " sweet " as some reviewers wrote. To me sweet would be like Jlo's GLOW>... ( baaaaarf !!! ) THAT is a sweet perfume. Anyyyyyway its 65 bucks for 2.5 oz but TOTALLY worth it. I get compliments from my punk rock friends that dont like girly smells or MU.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first applied O - Oui, it seemed as though it might develop into something very nice and light but the sugar monster appeared and took right over. On me this is sweetness and not much else. Might still recommend to others but no sale for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by elfriede

At first sniff I thought "ozone" - it reminds me of Clinique Happy Heart (the only Happy variant I've tried and I couldn't stand it), which has a "crisp mountain air" accord. Several reviewers have referred to Happy and at least one mentions ozone, so it's not just me. It's usually an acrid, unpleasant smell for me in perfume, like getting a whiff of chlorine. I stepped outside for a few minutes after applying this, and today, the day after a hard rain, there's a smell in the air reminiscent of this accord. I enjoy it in the air, but not on my wrist. There's something about the sillage, though, when I smell this a foot away from my wrist instead of an inch away, that's fresh and lightly sweet, like spring air. And the cedar note is refreshing when it kicks in, after the dreaded ozone wears off. After an hour it's mostly sweet orange and cedar. Fans of sweet citrus and light, fresh florals might enjoy it. Definitely not for me, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

Overall Rating 5
Price 5
Packaging Quality 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes

This is called, O Oui! (or Oh, oui with the right spelling) Not Oui so the product name is wrong. This is my signature scent. I have used it since somebody bought me a bottle as a Christmas gift. I have worn it ever since. It is my second bottle and it is almost done. I have many other perfumes but I always go back to this one.I also like the body mist version of it. I spray it in my hair if I want it to stay longer because as other people said it does not have a huge staying power as it is a very light scent. It's okay, I prefer to reapply than having to carry a strong heavy smell with me however good it might smell. I guess I would say this is my perfume HG.