October 22, 2014 | 1062 users online

Fragrance - Giorgio Armani - Acqua Di Gio (for men)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by sillage

I'm female, I have a son in his 20's, and this is currently my very favorite men's cologne.

I've smelled a lot of men's cologne in my time -- on the men I dated long ago, the men I've worked with or passed in public -- and my husband and son have each worn many great colognes.

I've loved Givenchy Pi (soft powdery vanilla -- used to be my favorite men's cologne), Gendarme (fresh clean skin-musk), and Fresh Cannabis Santal (deliciously woodsy), for 3 examples. I've also loved straight-up patchouli and musks on men who've swooshed past me in public (swoon).

But these days, good old Acqua di Gio is the one that always stops me dead in my tracks, turns my head, and I've often asked, "What are you wearing? It smells great!" -- only to find out that it's Acqua di Gio.

Or even, sometimes it's Parfums de Coeur's Mascolino, which is their knock-off of Acqua di Gio. At $3.99 for a 4oz "Fragrance Deodorant Body Spray" aerosol can from Rite Aid -- it's practically a spot-on imitation -- and this body spray lasts very well.

I have a massive perfume collection, but I wear these myself sometimes -- either Acqua di Gio or PdC Mascolino -- just because I love the scent so much. I have owned & worn the female versions -- both (old) Acqua di Gio for Women and (new) Acqua di Gioia -- and did not like either one very much -- the men's is soooo much better.

I've worn A*Men occasionally and a few other men's colognes -- and a bunch of unisexes, always -- but AdG is really the only exclusively men's cologne that I currently occasionally wear, and I think it works on me. A beautiful blend of fresh and woodsy -- and really, when I catch a whiff on someone else, my first impression is that it smells woodsy, more than anything else. And I swoon -- it's magical, to my nose. I just love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Koll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolute Garbage !! Bought it Tried it Gave it Away. Dont waste your money unless your a Girly

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mochila

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can understand the popularity of this cologne. It's been described by all those adjectives men look for in a scent: fresh, clean, aquatic, sporty, sexy. The problem is that EVERY SINGLE MAN I've ever detected this on (probably hundreds over the years), always overdoes it and the result is screechy, sharp, metallic, eye-watering, teenage locker room kind of scent. It doesn't smell fresh or sexy to me. If I sit by someone wearing this in a restaurant, movie theater, or any other confined space - I immediately get up to change seats. I just can't tolerate it, even in small doses. I think it's especially popular in corporate environment - it's deemed as a safe, popular choice for men. Being stuck in a conference room with this scent assaulting my space is the worst! I hope another cult classic male scent will edge out this one soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Sassy_Pants77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for my boyfriend and absolutely love it on him - he smells delicious and fresh. Would definitely repurchase - it's friskiness in a bottle for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cologne is smells divine! Its one of my favorites and I always spray it on my brother. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by JackHawkins37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great clean, crisp and sophisticated scent great for 20-30 somethings!
I love this, and use this as a work scent! But I use the eau de toilette and don't rate the apres rasage much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by RICHARDMUA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had a bottle of this for sooo long, never runs out! I use everyday too. Really nice smell, not quite citrus or woody but very fresh. Like late Spring. Bit exp mind you, but worth it. It is my all time favourite. I think those negative reviews are smelling the female version (not nice!). Until recently this was world's best-selling men's fragrance for over a decade. I appreciate why!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by crysna

This is a fresh/aromatic/woody fragrance; in my opinion one of the best mens fragrance of all time! It smells richly freshly divine, manly! So appealing, not boring just something perfect without being complicated. My brother loves this one; and we don't care about the "popular category" or a mass market guys fragrance that had become over the years; the fact is that is a well done mens fragrance, with excelent longevity, and good quality! U never go wrong with this, I know when my bro smell good and I love it. I bought a bottle for my bf who love it too!!! If you want a well done fragrance for your man go for this and 212 sexymen, chanel platinum egoiste, givenchy pi and pi neo (my brothers top 5 fragrance) a nice gift for the man in your life!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite cologne for men!!

Everytime I smell it, my head always does a 180 deg turn to see who's wearing it. It makes me want to snuggle up and kiss whoever (granted he's my type).. LOL

I have no idea why I hate the women's version...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by geraldine671

I loved this scent! My brother uses it and I just love it! There has been several situations in which I have smell it on guys and once again, I just love it! At least I know what to buy my bro for Christmas!