October 24, 2014 | 1256 users online

Cleansers - Bonne Bell - Ten-O-Six- Deep Pore Cleanser

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by sunscreenandlipgloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This toner is one of my favorites and least favorites. I think it took about a third of a bottle before I figured out the best method for using this cleanser. Once I did, it helped me attain smooth, relatively blemish free skin. I would recommend immediately wiping any area that this cleanser get on that it was not intended for because it is extremely drying. While I have combination oily skin in the summer, applying it all over the face will dry out my cheeks after three applications. In the winter, I hide it from view because it will leave my combination skin red and dry to the point that it is painful.

The best way that I find for using it is applying it with a cotton round on the t-zone area, about every other day. I find that cotton balls absorb too much of the product, and since this product is not gentle in any way, there more chances for it to get to places one would not want to, like the eyes. If it gets into your eyes, or near your eyes, it will burn like a cayenne pepper. The cotton round is good for larger areas, but the q-tip is better for acne spot treating. I only use this for spot treating when the spot is an angry red pimple monster filled with pus, because it has caused scaring for me when I used it daily as acne treatment. Once it is not an angry monster, stop.

I do like taking this traveling or camping because sanitizes, helps inflammation, and of course, cleanses. Although it stings less on the body than it does on the hand, it's not a product that I would buy just for it's other possible uses. Adequate but not preferred.

This product is really less is more, and more will kill your skin. I have been using the last bit that I have left sparingly because I don't want to buy another one. It's not expensive at all, I just don't know if the amount of care is worth using this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Holy smokes! I didn't know this was the Bonne Bell Ten-O-Six cleanser from way back when I was in grade 8! I thought that stuff was discontinued decades ago. I have a mask from this newly revamped "10.0.6" but never really connected it with Bonne Bell from back in the 70's (or was it even further back in time?)

I find it interesting that so many of the reviewers who use and love this product are up there in my age group - certainly well over 40. I wonder if this still smells the same as it did back when I used it. Since it is summertime and I'm a bit oilier anyway, I am tempted to pick up a bottle just for nostalgia's sake and because I'm so pleased with the one product I do have from this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by lange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

At the age of 49 I find myself experiencing puberty for the second time. As if menopause itself wasn't challenging enough, my skin is also suffering from it's wrath. 'Oily' is an understatement! Having sampled just about everything at the Macy's counter with poor results I headed to Ulta and spotted Ten.0.6 Totally Clean and Best Face Forward. Two days layer the oil slick is no longer. Flat out, it works!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 5:58:00 AM More reviews by hannah412

This is amazing. I have been using it for a few years and it's the best cleanser i've tried! I work at McDonald's and i find my skin gets really oily, this product works really well to clean it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Tistock1

Old school, but so effective. I use it to take off makeup before bed because I am too lazy to actually wash my face. I've been using it for a year and have not had any breakouts. I order online.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Discod

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have been buying this on & off since the 70's when I was in my early Teens.This product is made in Australia. Obviously I adore it because it works. As far as I can tell the product is still the original formula too, although it was discontinued for a long while, I was very happy to find it back again on the Pharmacy shelves recently at around AU$8.00. A 200ml bottle will last me a very long time as having dry skin now I only use it sparingly, and not daily. When I was young my skin was normal with an oily T-Zone I used this daily. Now my skin is dryer and more delicate, so I use it accordingly. This is quite a harsh product, but it delivers what it promises (unlike many cosmetic claims!) - "So Totally Clean" it says on the new bottle, and that's exactly what it delivers. There is nothing like this product to remove built up grime and even blackheads from your skin, NOTHING! It is a cleanser, but it's more than just a cleanser, it's also a toner, but more than just a toner. Firstly, the current container: A tall slim 200ml plastic bottle, with screw top lid, with a small hole at top opening so that you can control the amount you dispense - nothing fancy, but it is efficient. Secondly, the product: An orange/amber liquid, about the same weight as water and like most liquid toners. Thirdly, Application: I apply to clean skin with a little on a pure cotton pad (put the pad ontop of the bottle, tip it upside down & squeeze gently, letting enough on to soak through to the other side of the pad). Don't use a cotton "ball", it's not as effective and more messy. You need a flat surface for this. I find the "Swisspers" brand pads are best. I gently swipe my entire nose up and down, then across, then sweep around both sides of the nose crevices, then my chin & lip corners. Then I repeat the same process with the other side of the cotton pad. Upon the first swipe I see the grime and often little black dots (blackheads), and with the 2nd swipe there is less, sometimes none - so I know my skin is now very clean. It looks clean and it feels clean. Although a little drying of course, but not enough to peel me (as some products can) and even though I have quite sensitive skin it does not irritate, surprisingly. It works as both a cleanser & toner, although I use it after cleansing, sort of like a super cleanser, if you will. I generally use it once a week after a cleanse & scrub, but before I do my weekly facial with masks & treatments etc, so they have a totally clean base to work their "magic" upon! ;) Every so often I do my entire face with it, sometimes I use a cotton bud and do my outer ears also. It works especially well on the hairline, chinline, neck & behind ears too - will get rid of any grime, oil or residue of any product much better & deeper than any wash could ever do. It will remove any fake tan products also (just so you know - this could be handy if you make a boo-boo with too much fake tan on the face or body or on the dryer spots like elbows, knees etc; :) ). Ahh and the Formula 10.0.6 smell, nothing like it, it takes me back to my Teens. It's a chemical smell to be sure, but to me it is the smell of really "clean" skin - although strong, the scent does not linger. You could always rinse off with water if it bothered you I guess. I would recommend this product to anyone, with any skin type, but if you do have dry skin/mature skin like myself, then you do need to moisturise soon afterwards as it removes all oil, so either follow with a moisturiser or a hydrating type mask/treatment. I've never had very many pimples, even as a Teen, but I would recommend this for those with acne as it did help me back then, I believe, as it deep cleans so well. I certainly never had any major breakouts, ever. However, I would not recommend putting this anywhere near the eyes either (I never have, but I would use extra caution here as it basically strips the skin naked and this is NOT what you need in this area of the face). All in all this is a versatile cleanser, and one I'd also recommend to all men who are seeking an all-in-one cleansing routine before their moisturising routine - it's simple, quick and effective and every man I have introduced this to has loved it too. I do hope Bonne Bell never again stop distributing this HG product of mine, which reminds me I must buy a backup. This is readily available here in Australia (I purchased mine in a small Country Town Pharmacy :) ) but if you can't source it in your Country then I have seen it Online (Ebay) at a reasonable cost. Even if you just use this for Fake Tan clean up it will be worth the cost. I'd give it 6 lippies if I could, it's that effective!

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kimmiehearts

The smell of this product is fascinating, pleasant and mildy repugnant at the same time. I believe they use a heavy dose of musk in the scent.
My skin looks irritated immediately after use, but then around 20 minutes later looks even and calm.
Cleans deep and completely, they are not lieing like so many "deep clean" cleansers on the market. I would not recommend it for everyday use unless you have very oily skin. High isopropyl alcohol content guarantees your face will basically be sterile after use, which is a good thing. I will occasionally use it to sterilize my fingertips and my tweezers.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using Ten-0-Six since I was an acne-prone teen in the 1970s, and even in my fifties, I still love it. It dries out my shiny forehead and moisturizes my dry cheeks. I leave my skin feeling soft, and as well, soothes any itchy rashes. The alcohol in this product should make it drying, but I find it to be more of a "normalizing" toner. (I also love the smell!)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by cajpg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for fifty years!! I started in high school. I downgraded to the sensitive skin some time ago, but it is still high in alcohol. I slather my face with a moisturizer after I use it. I have occasionally treated myself to a facial and-- even though they frown on a product with this alcohol content --they have to admit my skin is in really good condition for my age.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by steffels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I use this in the morning when I can't be stuffed washing my face with a cleanser that requires water. It's got quite a lot of alcohol in it but I don't mind because it seems to help with my acne by helping dry up the pimples. Def repurchase and do recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No