October 21, 2014 | 1295 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Long Last Lipstick Soft Matte finish in Pink Chocolate

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My grandmother always used certain brands for her skincare and makeup: Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome. I would try them on and giggle, but it's only now as I get older that I appreciate her good taste. Pink Chocolate is a perfect example. It's a quality lipstick made by Clinique in a very wearable classic color. On my NC42/43ish skin, this is a very subtle beauty enhancement. It's my lips but better: warmer, more pigmented, a bit more polished, gives you a reason to look again :). Cons: It accentuated any flaky spots on my lips, even with a swipe of chapstick underneath. I also found that it dissipates when you eat, and I'm not sure how long it lasts. However, it's no shame to whip out the classic Clinique tube and reapply :).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

What an odd color. I expected a warm pink. It looks rather orange-ish on me. The formula is ok, and on the website it is not listed as a matte. Not sure if the formula has changed or what. It is on the matte side, that's for sure. I don't find this color to be flattering on me at all. Even though I look best in warm colors, I don't like orange tones at all. I have tried putting different glosses over it to make it more of a pink, but have not hit on a combo that makes this wearable for me yet. So disappointed....Pink Chocolate sounds like such a beautiful color, and when I had their shadows of the same name, they fit the name of the color much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by missutgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont know I'll buy this again, 7 years ago this was my FAVE but I swear it was more dark pink blue tone and the one I bought about a year ago was more brick red orange tone. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Please let me know hambleton06@hotmail.com thank you :)) And I'm sad now trying to find one like what I remember my pink choc was years ago so if anytone has any suggestions...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the other reviewers said "clay rose"-- I'd agree! In the tube it look OK, but when I tried it on it became oh, so lovely. It's a couple shades deeper than my natural lip color. I was worried about the matte finish but it did not dry out my lips. After 8 hrs. in a warm hospital-- very low humidity-- it still looked good. I put a little balm over it. Truth in advertizing-- it actually is long last. This is a color I can wear every day and is appropriate for board meetings.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by TinaBarbarina

MUA entry for the same product (49 reviews here): http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=30790/Long_Last_Lipstick_Soft_Matte_finish_in_Pink_Chocolate/Clinique/Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by mcthc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great color - looks natural but flattering - neither too pinky or too orangey - just right for me.

Wish it had more staying power like Mac lipsticks - so 1 lippie off.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by euphoria90

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My all time favorite lipstick! It applies very smoothly with a matte finish. You dab a little for a stained look or apply liberally. My HG lipstick, I use everything and can't live without.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG lipstick. The color has some orange undertones to it which is absolutely perfect for me. It goes on like velvet and lasts many hours! Even when it has worn down I throw a gloss on top and it's amazingly refreshed! Sleek, sexy packaging. I absolutely recommend you give this a try at the counter. PERFECT SHADE FOR FALL!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a huge Clinique fan in general, but I make an exception for this lipstick. It's a deep, warm clay-rose with a lovely, featherweight matte finish that I just haven't found a dupe for. I love the texture and the shade so much that sometimes I just look at it in the tube and smile. I can use the "dab and blend" technique for a totally natural stained look, or apply it full-on for subtle matte glamour (and a change from my usual dramatic red or wine mattes). No feathering at all, and when I rub it into my lips well, it doesn't transfer when I kiss people. I would highly recommend this shade for redheads or those with fair, warm complexions. Women with cool tones may not find this as flattering. A very versatile, sophisticated, flattering color for any age and any makeup look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am loving this lipstick. I got this as a generous sample and it is absolutely beautiful. The color on me is a bright but not OTT coral pink. This certainly brightens my face and it goes well with my NC 20 complexion. It's long lasting and when it wears off, it fades and it doesnt leave any stains which is a good thing to me. Although it is matte, this lipstick is very moisturizing yet long lasting. Excellent lipstick. HG worthy!!