Clinique Long Last Lipstick Soft Matte finish in Pink Chocolate

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this color off and on for years. It was discontinued for about a year and then Clinique brought back the Long Last Soft Matte lipsticks. This is what I would call a semi-matte. Not the very thick intense matte like NARS or Mac but a softer matte that is less drying. Note it is still a bit drying but not as much as a true matte.

The color on me is peachy brown. I don't see much pink at all. I like that this is a nice neutral shade that can be worn with cool toned or warm toned makeup looks. Peach registers more with warm tones and the brown registers more with cool tones. It is a medium shade that can be worn lightly with lip balm for a natural lip or applied right from the tube for a dense color rich look.

The only reason I do not give it 5 lippies is that it does not wear as long as I would expect from a semi-matte lipstick. It does wear about 4 hours without need of touch up. And it can bleed into fine lines if applied thickly without lip liner.

Overall this is a good basic lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My grandmother always used certain brands for her skincare and makeup: Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome. I would try them on and giggle, but it's only now as I get older that I appreciate her good taste. Pink Chocolate is a perfect example. It's a quality lipstick made by Clinique in a very wearable classic color. On my NC42/43ish skin, this is a very subtle beauty enhancement. It's my lips but better: warmer, more pigmented, a bit more polished, gives you a reason to look again :). Cons: It accentuated any flaky spots on my lips, even with a swipe of chapstick underneath. I also found that it dissipates when you eat, and I'm not sure how long it lasts. However, it's no shame to whip out the classic Clinique tube and reapply :).

on 5/2/2012 9:39:00 PM

What an odd color. I expected a warm pink. It looks rather orange-ish on me. The formula is ok, and on the website it is not listed as a matte. Not sure if the formula has changed or what. It is on the matte side, that's for sure. I don't find this color to be flattering on me at all. Even though I look best in warm colors, I don't like orange tones at all. I have tried putting different glosses over it to make it more of a pink, but have not hit on a combo that makes this wearable for me yet. So disappointed....Pink Chocolate sounds like such a beautiful color, and when I had their shadows of the same name, they fit the name of the color much better.

on 12/7/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I dont know I'll buy this again, 7 years ago this was my FAVE but I swear it was more dark pink blue tone and the one I bought about a year ago was more brick red orange tone. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Please let me know hambleton06@hotmail.com thank you :)) And I'm sad now trying to find one like what I remember my pink choc was years ago so if anytone has any suggestions...

on 10/17/2011 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of the other reviewers said "clay rose"-- I'd agree! In the tube it look OK, but when I tried it on it became oh, so lovely. It's a couple shades deeper than my natural lip color. I was worried about the matte finish but it did not dry out my lips. After 8 hrs. in a warm hospital-- very low humidity-- it still looked good. I put a little balm over it. Truth in advertizing-- it actually is long last. This is a color I can wear every day and is appropriate for board meetings.

MUA entry for the same product (49 reviews here): http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=30790/Long_Last_Lipstick_Soft_Matte_finish_in_Pink_Chocolate/Clinique/Lipstick

on 8/14/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great color - looks natural but flattering - neither too pinky or too orangey - just right for me.

Wish it had more staying power like Mac lipsticks - so 1 lippie off.

on 6/14/2011 2:12:00 AM

My all time favorite lipstick! It applies very smoothly with a matte finish. You dab a little for a stained look or apply liberally. My HG lipstick, I use everything and can't live without.

This is my HG lipstick. The color has some orange undertones to it which is absolutely perfect for me. It goes on like velvet and lasts many hours! Even when it has worn down I throw a gloss on top and it's amazingly refreshed! Sleek, sexy packaging. I absolutely recommend you give this a try at the counter. PERFECT SHADE FOR FALL!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a huge Clinique fan in general, but I make an exception for this lipstick. It's a deep, warm clay-rose with a lovely, featherweight matte finish that I just haven't found a dupe for. I love the texture and the shade so much that sometimes I just look at it in the tube and smile. I can use the "dab and blend" technique for a totally natural stained look, or apply it full-on for subtle matte glamour (and a change from my usual dramatic red or wine mattes). No feathering at all, and when I rub it into my lips well, it doesn't transfer when I kiss people. I would highly recommend this shade for redheads or those with fair, warm complexions. Women with cool tones may not find this as flattering. A very versatile, sophisticated, flattering color for any age and any makeup look.

Popular Lipsticks