April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Skincare - Body - Yves Rocher - Hamamelis Moisturizing body lotion

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't like (same for other Hamamelis products). I see no use of this lotion, very little moisturising. No reaction to it though.

It is also difficult to get it our of the bottle... hate the bottle...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 6:33:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Ladies, how happens this lotion has such a bad rating?
They have re-packaged (nice, modern greenish pattern & lettering replacing the old baby blue & pale yellow one) and reformulated the entire line.
I remember having used the Hamamelis line years ago, and it was a so-so rating.
But they have re-formulated the entire line and, boy, it has improved!!!
This lotion is very affordable, comes in a big bottle, is light, genlty & freshly scented and excellent for the summer - a least for normal or not-so-dry skins. I just like it for everyday use.
It is liquid, true, but you can master it easily if you do like me: I pour the content in a pump bottle and then I squirt one or two pumps per leg, without messing with the bottle (I agree, it can drop out more product than needed): some little tricks to make a profitable use of a good product. :o)
Mind you, I am using a LOT of pricey high end products, but what I like in YR is the NATURAL ingredients for a relatively low price. This allows a lot of people (of any budget) to reach for quality beauty products.
And they have a lot of researchers & experience in botanics... they respect the environment & they don't test on animals (stopped that kinda 25 years a ago or more).
Yes, I have a true admiration for this brand (and I am NOT affiliated in anyway to them! just a loyal consumer!!).
I suggest you try this lotion in its reformulated version, it's a very good product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 2:32:00 AM More reviews by mochasplash

for people bitching about how runny this product is, it fully says on the website that it's suppose to be fluid like.
it does an ok job at moisturizing and the smell isnt too offensive.
i like that the second ingredient is witch hazel, meaning that theres probably more than usual in this lotion.
i wont buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This lotion has a nice scent and that is about the only good thing I have to say about this lotion. It is runny and not moisturizing at all. It was cheap so I am not out much but I definitely won't repurchase and do not recommend. It comes in a pretty standard plastic bottle w/a snap top cap so nothing special about the packaging, but it is okay. Don't waste your money, time or skin trying out this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by powderjunky

I actually liked thislotion very much.I like the citrus light smell and that is not too sweet .The texture is indeed runny but what i like the most about this product is that absorbs very quickly and leaves my skin very moisturized and soft.
I appreciatte also that it does not compete very much with other different fragance,cause the citrus smells goes away very quickly ,to me is like a neutral body lotion ,and I can wear any other fragance on top,after is aborbed.
I have very dry skin ,but I really hate greasy lotions or cream and also not beeing able to dress right away cause my cream has not been absorbed ,I do not like to wait neither I have time in the morning ( I get up at 330 am).
So overall I like this product and Ive already repurchsed several times.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2006 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Vessi

This lotion isn't very moisturizing to me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Basically, it is a runny lotion with a fresh scent that reminds me of Irish Spring soap and witch hazel combined. As I found the scent too strong for all over body use, I just used it on my feet and it did an ok job. Main ingredients are water, witch hazel and mineral oil. It sells for $7.50 for 10oz but is often on sale. There are much better body lotions out there around the same price or cheaper that can outperform this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2005 5:45:00 AM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample envelope of this, and it's ok. Works fine as a moisturizer for my legs, hands, and elbows. The smell is inoffensive. The texture is a bit too runny which made it easy to use too much from the little envelope. Overall it's just not special and I have so many lovely scented lotions already that I don't see myself buying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2004 12:11:00 PM More reviews by c_cassano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this moisturizer did its job well, but oh my god the stench! i won't buy this again because i can't get over the unappealing witch hazel odour. the smell does fade in time once the moisturizer is applied, but i'd rather spend my money on a product that works AND smells bearable.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2004 10:02:00 PM More reviews by tsja

This is supposed to be gentle and yet I get all sorts of rashes and my skin just gets do itchy.