December 19, 2014 | 1422 users online

Moisturizers - Revlon - Eterna

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Years ago my mother used a moisturizer, CHR Cream, made by Ultima II. Parent company is Revlon. Ultima II was pulled from the American market, according to Wikipedia, in 2001, and discontinued in Europe in 2008. However, still available in the Far East.

Too bad it isn't available here because I remember their lipsticks were gorgeous colors, and CHR helped keep my skin hydrated during winter.

While reading on the net about Ultima II, read Revlon Eterna 27 is the same as CHR, so imagine my surprise when I walked into Walgreen's and they had a sale going for Eterna.

It's been approximately twenty years since I used CHR, but I don't remember it being as fragranced as Eterna, nor as goopy and thick, when first applied. I didn't find the fragrance pleasing, and it never completely dissipates. The texture is thick, very thick. When first applied, there's not a lot of slip because of its consistency. This is a moisturizer to tap or pat on the face. Within a couple of minutes, the thick consistency begins dissolving into an emollient moisturizer.

I applied this before going to bed, and the next morning my skin was somewhat hydrated. I then applied it before putting on makeup, but it takes too long to absorb for a morning makeup routine, imo. It does plump the skin for a short duration, but not enough to compensate for the odor and thick, goopy texture, when first applied.

Will not repurchase, and for now, have tossed it aside.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hellolotte

Terrific oil in water based moisturizer. Costs a fraction of anything (think La Mer) comparable. I love it in winter--in summer I use something lighter. Really great product and a real bargain as well. Thanks Revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Covey

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, our Walgreens carries the larger size and they keep it locked in with the perfumes, usually the smaller jars are on the bottom shelf of Revlon products. This cream is unbelievable and even when I stray to try something else I always come back to Eterna. Yes, its thick, but it does sink in and your skin will feel soft and smooth the next day. I am 64 and hope I never have to go without this moisturizer. BUT you may have to experiment with the amount you apply, any excess use it on your hands. I gave this one lippy for price, its not expensive and lasts forever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ColoradoBlondie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ETERNA 27 ABSOLUTELY WORKS! The BEST face product I have ever used hands down. My face is living proof that it works....hardly any wrinkles, super soft, no blemishes, healthy, and I do not have to wear foundation if I do not feel the need. And it works so well on the neck as well. I am 52 and look about 40 as I am told. I think this product has been VERY helpful in maintaining youthful skin and I will not use anything else! NOTE: You can purchase Eterna 27 at Walmart in the Revlon cosmetic aisle as others have stated they have a hard time finding this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by robinia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just love this cream. Make sure that you get the Eterna with Progenitin, the Day cream is different. I'm 63 with the usual parched skin. After the 1st application, my skin immediately looked plumper and more hydrated. And believe me, I've tried enough skin treatments to fill a large bathtub! I just wrote to Revlon's customer service and begged them not to discontinue it. I bought my jar online. I'll be updating as I continue to use this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by MacPops

This stuff is crazy. Crazy in that it's so heavy, yet it actually sinks into my skin. Because we have natural gas heat in our home, and because I have a bad habit of going running without proper protection on my face, my skin is sometimes terribly flaky. I've started a regimen of boots microderm scrub, Somme institute a-bomb and this (with progenetin). It is a quick-fix that makes it look like I never had any flakes. I don't use it every night and that is probably why I got the flakies in the first place. I purchased because of the reviews here and am glad I did. I have La Mer and Nivea (still convinced they are one in the same) and not only do they multiply the flakies, but have started giving me huge, painful zits. I'll stick with this as it does exactly what I need it to. It only takes a bit and it is a great value. It does have a curious smell, but it has grown on me. Surprised my sensitive skin hasn't rebelled,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: If you need a LOT of moisture, this may be for you. Price is pretty reasonable.

CONS: The scent is quite perfumed. Almost as bad as the L'oreal Age Perfect line. I need a lot of moisture for my very dry spots, but this really does leave me like a greaseball.

ALTERNATES: My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Use this at night by itself or over your serum or retinol or whatever and your skin will look younger. I'm referring to the Eterna 27 with "Progenitin," not the one that says "Day" on the front. It's so funny, the ingredients are basically "grease, grease, ...grease, grease..." The packaging is plain and retro looking. Even the instructions are retro. It says to apply "1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon." I guess as a woman, you're supposed to know how much that is because you're in the kitchen all the time, lol... But I'm going to have to assume that Revlon has continued to make this cream since the 1960s because there is a demand for it.
If you're on the younger side and you try it and think it is too heavy, it might work for you years down the road when your skin changes. Keep it in mind then.
EDIT: Formula appears to have changed slightly. Still haven't found anything better.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

OMG Love love love! This is an amazing moisturizer. I have very sensitive skin and am so surprised this has not made me breakout it's quite thick, This leaves me skin feeling so so so smooth and plump!! So plump its amazing! (I can't use this alot because of the fragrance it gives me blackheads after awhile, but I change my skincare routine every day/night, because my skin gets used to products so I switch around all the time). I had to take off a star because of the fragrance. My skin doesn't like fragrance so I have to use this minimally.

I was so upset I discovered this after its been discontinued! http://www.beautyproductscompared.com/eterna-27-review

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by sophia415

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm 16, & I have acne-prone skin. This jar was sitting around in my stash of makeup, I never really paid attention to it because of the packaging.. it looks so boring and dull. I finally dug this up to try and man.. this stuff never broke me out, I use a pretty generous amount on my face and down to my neck, because when I turn 35 I better not have any wrinkles. Definitely going to CVS or walgreens to get another jar of this tomorrow!!!

I recommend!!