Revlon Eterna 27

4.2

Mineral Oil , Beeswax , Petrolatum , Propylene Glycol , Isopropyl Myristate , Sweet Almond Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis , Cetyl Esters , Avocado Oil Persea Gratissima , Sesame Oil Unsaponifiables Sesamum Indicum , Sorbitan Oleate , Lanolin Wax , Sunflower Seed Oil Glyceride , Lanolin Alcohol , Sorbitan Trioleate , Tocopherol , Niacinamide , Cholesterol , Lanosterol , Cetyl Alcohol , Sodium Borate , Fragrance , Corn Oil Zea Mays , BHA , BHT , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben , Trisodium EDTA , Beta-Carotene , D&C Green No. 6

on 3/24/2015 12:23:00 PM

I like everything about the product but the smell. It's so strong! I don't even use it every day because I can't deal with that scent on a daily basis. I am trying to use it up and I would repurchase it if they changed the scent. It's just way too strong and unpleasant for my taste.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Years ago my mother used a moisturizer, CHR Cream, made by Ultima II. Parent company is Revlon. Ultima II was pulled from the American market, according to Wikipedia, in 2001, and discontinued in Europe in 2008. However, still available in the Far East.

Too bad it isn't available here because I remember their lipsticks were gorgeous colors, and CHR helped keep my skin hydrated during winter.

While reading on the net about Ultima II, read Revlon Eterna 27 is the same as CHR, so imagine my surprise when I walked into Walgreen's and they had a sale going for Eterna.

It's been approximately twenty years since I used CHR, but I don't remember it being as fragranced as Eterna, nor as goopy and thick, when first applied. I didn't find the fragrance pleasing, and it never completely dissipates. The texture is thick, very thick. When first applied, there's not a lot of slip because of its consistency. This is a moisturizer to tap or pat on the face. Within a couple of minutes, the thick consistency begins dissolving into an emollient moisturizer.

I applied this before going to bed, and the next morning my skin was somewhat hydrated. I then applied it before putting on makeup, but it takes too long to absorb for a morning makeup routine, imo. It does plump the skin for a short duration, but not enough to compensate for the odor and thick, goopy texture, when first applied.

Will not repurchase, and for now, have tossed it aside.

on 11/3/2014 8:05:00 PM

Terrific oil in water based moisturizer. Costs a fraction of anything (think La Mer) comparable. I love it in winter--in summer I use something lighter. Really great product and a real bargain as well. Thanks Revlon!

on 3/2/2014 8:18:00 AM

First, our Walgreens carries the larger size and they keep it locked in with the perfumes, usually the smaller jars are on the bottom shelf of Revlon products. This cream is unbelievable and even when I stray to try something else I always come back to Eterna. Yes, its thick, but it does sink in and your skin will feel soft and smooth the next day. I am 64 and hope I never have to go without this moisturizer. BUT you may have to experiment with the amount you apply, any excess use it on your hands. I gave this one lippy for price, its not expensive and lasts forever.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

ETERNA 27 ABSOLUTELY WORKS! The BEST face product I have ever used hands down. My face is living proof that it works....hardly any wrinkles, super soft, no blemishes, healthy, and I do not have to wear foundation if I do not feel the need. And it works so well on the neck as well. I am 52 and look about 40 as I am told. I think this product has been VERY helpful in maintaining youthful skin and I will not use anything else! NOTE: You can purchase Eterna 27 at Walmart in the Revlon cosmetic aisle as others have stated they have a hard time finding this product.

on 3/11/2013 2:10:00 PM

i just love this cream. Make sure that you get the Eterna with Progenitin, the Day cream is different. I'm 63 with the usual parched skin. After the 1st application, my skin immediately looked plumper and more hydrated. And believe me, I've tried enough skin treatments to fill a large bathtub! I just wrote to Revlon's customer service and begged them not to discontinue it. I bought my jar online. I'll be updating as I continue to use this.

on 1/5/2013 1:41:00 AM

This stuff is crazy. Crazy in that it's so heavy, yet it actually sinks into my skin. Because we have natural gas heat in our home, and because I have a bad habit of going running without proper protection on my face, my skin is sometimes terribly flaky. I've started a regimen of boots microderm scrub, Somme institute a-bomb and this (with progenetin). It is a quick-fix that makes it look like I never had any flakes. I don't use it every night and that is probably why I got the flakies in the first place. I purchased because of the reviews here and am glad I did. I have La Mer and Nivea (still convinced they are one in the same) and not only do they multiply the flakies, but have started giving me huge, painful zits. I'll stick with this as it does exactly what I need it to. It only takes a bit and it is a great value. It does have a curious smell, but it has grown on me. Surprised my sensitive skin hasn't rebelled,

on 12/13/2012 10:24:00 AM

This is for the one with Progenitin. I bought this, used for a few days with decent results, knowing that better results come after at least a month. I researched the ingredients and found that: their trademark "Progenitin" is Pregnenolone Acetate. Research this ingredient and make sure it is something you want to ingest in your body. Too many other creams out there can do the same thing as far as treatment moisturizers without having to worry about possible hormone imbalance issues. Plus is smells to the high heaven with a heavy, heavy fragrance. It's going back.

on 5/5/2012 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is perfect in winter!! When my skin is dry this sinks in so well and I love the way my skin feels so so soft afterwards. As to it's anti aging effect.... I'll have to wait and see, in the future. In the summer I use this as an eye cream, but it's generally too thick for the Aussie summers. But I love love this, one of the only fragrant products I can use. I use this over a lot of producs in winter.

PROS: If you need a LOT of moisture, this may be for you. Price is pretty reasonable.

CONS: The scent is quite perfumed. Almost as bad as the L'oreal Age Perfect line. I need a lot of moisture for my very dry spots, but this really does leave me like a greaseball.

ALTERNATES: My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

Popular Moisturizers