Neostrata Self Tan

4.4

Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone, Carpylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTa, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Popylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 6, Red 40, Blue 1

on 4/24/2015 12:22:00 PM

I tried this about a year ago and it didn't work very well at all. I basically got no color (after 3 straight applications) and it smelled awful (like DHA). I also didn't like that it had parabens in it. It might have worked for some people but for me it just wasn't worth the money.

on 4/20/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I gave this a try after seeing some of the reviews on this site. I've got to say, I wasn't very impressed. The color and application was ok, but the smell was really, really bad. It stunk like those old-time self tanners from the 90s. I just couldn't get over the DHA smell.

on 4/17/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The most natural looking result and no nasty scent. No DHA smell at all. There is a reviewer here who claims it has but there is no way you can call this smelly compared to other self tans, unbelievable. (I know marketing campaigns are big on MUA and you havw to check the person's other reviews to see whether they are just promoting another prod and downgrading competitors.) It has a mild and faint sweet fragrance which fades in about 10 min. It has the highest DHA percentage available in a self tanner. Looks exactly like a real tan and not hard to use (no streaking, easy to layer). Wears off nicely not in patches and lasts about a week. No yellowish tinge which makes one look jaundiced. Little example-Was sick--got told I look it--put this on and everyone commented on how 'healthy' I looked and recovered quickly!

on 7/15/2014 6:53:00 PM

It really is the best fake tanner I have ever tried (and I have tried a lot). Not only is the colour natural and instant, it doesn't smell as harsh and gross as most fake tanners. It dries quickly and washes out of clothes/linens easily. It does however stain your hands very badly, so I recommend using a latex glove to apply. It is a bit pricier than most fake tanners, but worth the extra couple dollars!

on 7/11/2014 10:27:00 AM

I've been using this self tanner for about 2-3 years now on and off and it is still in the top two rankings for me along with St. Tropez. I am extremely fair so I need to be cautious of what self tanners to buy so I don't look orange,blotchy, and overall unnatural. Like many self tanners this product needs to be handled with care as its strongly pigmented and will stain your palms very quickly. I usually start with my legs and work up my body, leaving my arms last so that I can continuously wash and scrub my hands throughout my application. If you aren't a self tanning pro then you should procede with caution because this stuff is not fool proof. It will catch on the areas around your akles, any cuts or scrapes, and dry skin so be very careful. The smell is strong so when its developing its best to chose a day you aren't going to be close by people. Its nice for pale girls who want a subtle tan as this is buildable and looks great after only one application. The price is high but I usually wait for it to go on sale and if you work on applying it in quadrants on your body it should last you long enough. Being a cheap-o I cut the top of the container when Im running low and get every last bit. Overall its a great product once you know how to use it.

on 6/11/2014 7:15:00 AM

This is hg material. I never review but hell this is worth it. I have finally found a self tanner that gives me a golden glow. This hasn't streaked and doesn't turn orange. Received endless compliments as I'm naturally pale. My search is now over. Phew!

on 6/3/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best self-tanner I've ever used. I have very fair skin, and this gives me a natural looking tan after only one application - no orange!

The only 2 cons I can think of are the price, and the smell. I paid $27 in Canada but because you don't need a lot, I'd say it's worth it, especially if you can get it while on sale! And unfortunately it still has that usual self-tanner smell, but again, worth it.

on 12/13/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is top shelf. If you live in the U.S. it's really hard to get though. If you know of a way to get this besides the terrible eskinstore, please let me know.

The color is comparable to St Tropez self tan, which is easier to apply and not as sticky after it dries. I use this mostly on my face: 1. I use less, so it the tube lasts longer, 2. my face needs more moisture so it works out well.

on 12/11/2013 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OMG!!!The BEST self tanner EVER!!! Thank goodness that I live in Canada and get get this at Shoppers Drug Mart. I have used many self tanners and this one is by far the best, very real color, no harsh odor and looks so fab after 2 0r 3 applications. You have to apply it with a tan mitt though so that it spreads evenly as it is a very dark gel and will streak if not blended and you have to make sure you let it dry for at least 10-15 min before getting dressed. This blows fake bake flawless out of the water! you can get it on sale for 25% off sometimes at shoppers but otherwise it is a little pricey @ $35.00. This is a must have for the winter and a once a week for the summer. LOVE IT!!!

Edit: St.Tropez Dark mousse much better, last longer, deeper colour and better smell, you can get St.Tropez @ most Shoppers drug marts now, you just have to ask in cosmetics for it.

Update: Dec 24/14. I am no longer using this because it was starting to block my pores and cause what looked like blackheads, it was actually the tanner sitting in my pores and I use a clarisonic so thiats not good at all, I am now using Dior self tan for face purchased at Sephora and have my flawless skin back again.

on 8/30/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a fantastic self tanner. It's forgiving, the colour is natural, and it dries quickly. The smell is kind of strong but I didn't find it nearly as offensive as some others out there. At first, I didn't think it gave me much colour - it seemed to take awhile to develop for me (maybe a day?), but when it did, I was very happy with it.

It does stain your hands if you don't wash them really well, but a good scrub with soap and water did the trick. I will definitely be repurchasing!

Video Reviews & Tutorials