October 23, 2014 | 1937 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by creationofwater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else said, this is a terrible top coat. It makes your nail polish forever tacky. Not only does it never harden, the tackiness actually somehow attracts dirt and dust, leaving your nails a gross darkened colour after a few days. I have no idea if it would function better as a base coat but I'm just going to toss it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Nicoleeerenae

I was lucky to receive this product as a gift, I never got around to using it because I'm a true Seche Vite fan. I finally gave it a try and I waited(felt like forever) for my nails to dry (almost a hour). I went to bed thinking no problem they'll be fine. I was wrong I woke up and noticed pillow marks in all my nails. I was so annoyed, as the days went by and the week ended I noticed my nails didn't chip as badly as I thought. I have to conclude it's a love-hate relationship with this topcoat, I'm using it to get rid of it, but I will forever love Seche Vite.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by lolly2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had read the reviews before I decided to get this. Although it was sold in a 2 pack with a base coat which may be OPIs only way of unloading this dreadful stuff onto the public. I'm surprised that OPI put out something like this. Like the other reviews I have found that it takes forever to dry. Longer than the color coat. And it doesn't seem to ever be fully dried. When I wake up I can see how it scruntched while I slept and even 18 hours later its still not hard. I can dig my nail into it and it leaves a mark. Like puddy. I thought if I added some Essie instant dry oil that I may save this bottle by at least speeding up the dry time but no such luck. This is a tacky mess. I'm tossing it in the garbage as I would not want someone else to bother with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst top coat polish I have ever used. Over polish it takes forever to try and remains somehow tacky feeling, and just as a coat over bare nails it literally peels right off. I put a coat on this morning and by dinner three nails had missing polish and I could use my thumb to easily scratch it off other nails. I own MANY OPI polishes, the colors and formulas are absolutely wonderful, but this is by far their worst product. Please don't anybody waste money on this-buy a lovely color instead and use a non OPI base and Seche Vite (OPI RAPID-DRY isn't great either :-(to do your mani. OPI is still my favorite brand though. Perhaps I will dump the top coat contents and clean the bottle and use it for oil instead, or something I can actually use. Just stick to doing colors OPI for that is where your genius lies.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by SincerelyKeynu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely HORRIBLE! Please save your money, it's no where near worth it. I am a fan of the regular OPI polishes, which is why i'm so shocked about this. It doesn't make your polishes last longer, if anything it makes them peel (and oh I literally mean peel) off quicker--maybe with a day's time. I figured maybe it only worked with other OPI polishes, but that wasn't it either. All in all this is a major fail and disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Angelbix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This top coat is the worst. I can't believe it is an OPI product. It is a thick gloppy mess. It ruins perfectly dried nail polish making it look streaky and bubbled on the surface. It takes forever to dry and even after 4 hours I ended up with dings in my manicure. I will never purchase this top coat again! OPI really needs to read their reviews and rework this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Monica9909

I didn't like this top coat at first. It doesn't dry very quickly when using on a fresh manicure but......then I tried it under seche vite and it worked great! It gave my nails the look of a gel polish. So now I do a regular manicure with polish, OPI top coat, seche vite. There have been some polishes that I quit using because they shrunk with Seche vite(essie,zoya)I have found that if I use this combo I don't get any of the shrinkage that I previously experienced.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by liastrazz

this top coat was not good! I expected it to be very good considering the brand, but was not good at all. within a day after putting it on, my nails would chip and would almost always peel off entirely. It also takes forever to dry, I would paint my nails at 4 and at 10 when I go to bed they would get messed up! if your looking a good top coat, go with seche vite. I just got it and it is so good!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

U r better off without this…¦this top coat never once failed to chip my manicure within a day…¦nail polish would just peel off from the edge…from such a well known brand…this top coat should be recalled and reformulated!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am giving this a good review simply because I a) got it on sale 1/2 price so don't feel as gouged and b) it's the only top coat that really keeps the nail polish on my nails.

If I use any other top coat and believe me I've tried a LOT within hours the polish simply chips off. Salon manicures, home manicure I didn't matter. Which was a bummer because I love playing with new colours and trends.

I'm happy to have a polish that finally lets me enjoy my (home) manicures for more then a day. But I agree with everyone else. I hate the drying time! And the shine fades so quickly it's disappointing to say the least.

I will keep buying this only because it helps my polish last. But I will for sure be looking for better options.