July 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Angelbix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This top coat is the worst. I can't believe it is an OPI product. It is a thick gloppy mess. It ruins perfectly dried nail polish making it look streaky and bubbled on the surface. It takes forever to dry and even after 4 hours I ended up with dings in my manicure. I will never purchase this top coat again! OPI really needs to read their reviews and rework this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Monica9909

I didn't like this top coat at first. It doesn't dry very quickly when using on a fresh manicure but......then I tried it under seche vite and it worked great! It gave my nails the look of a gel polish. So now I do a regular manicure with polish, OPI top coat, seche vite. There have been some polishes that I quit using because they shrunk with Seche vite(essie,zoya)I have found that if I use this combo I don't get any of the shrinkage that I previously experienced.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by liastrazz

this top coat was not good! I expected it to be very good considering the brand, but was not good at all. within a day after putting it on, my nails would chip and would almost always peel off entirely. It also takes forever to dry, I would paint my nails at 4 and at 10 when I go to bed they would get messed up! if your looking a good top coat, go with seche vite. I just got it and it is so good!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

U r better off without this…¦this top coat never once failed to chip my manicure within a day…¦nail polish would just peel off from the edge…from such a well known brand…this top coat should be recalled and reformulated!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am giving this a good review simply because I a) got it on sale 1/2 price so don't feel as gouged and b) it's the only top coat that really keeps the nail polish on my nails.

If I use any other top coat and believe me I've tried a LOT within hours the polish simply chips off. Salon manicures, home manicure I didn't matter. Which was a bummer because I love playing with new colours and trends.

I'm happy to have a polish that finally lets me enjoy my (home) manicures for more then a day. But I agree with everyone else. I hate the drying time! And the shine fades so quickly it's disappointing to say the least.

I will keep buying this only because it helps my polish last. But I will for sure be looking for better options.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Completely agree with all the negative reviews. Terrible top coat, the worst I have ever tried. Takes forever to dry, horrible consistency, its an allrounf rubbish product. Avoid at all costs.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the worst topcoat I have used. It does not even completely dry and I have woken up with sheetmarks on my nails. While it is thick and goes on shiny, the shine doesn't last. It also doesn't do much to protect nail color and you have to refresh it every other day. This topcoat also bubbles up and it is hard to remove. I'm still mad at myself for spending $9 on this stuff. I will not be buying this topcoat again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by withlovemelanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is not as awful as everyone has been saying, but for the price, it definitely isn't excellent. My problem isn't the drying time so much as it is the fact that even after it's try, it wears at the tips very, very, very easily. It is not that bad in terms of drying time as long as the layers underneath are completely dry. My advice though - don't purchase it. It's an awful product for OPI to release and I bought it on sale for only $6 and I still think it was a waste of my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by damsel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive, Gloopy and takes such a long time to dry. Will never buy again

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Terrible terrible topcoat.

I want the following from a top coat: 1. Goes on smoothly, 2. Dries quickly, 3. Leaves nails shiny and 4. Makes polish last

This one goes on smoothly, that's absolutely it. Doesn't make nails look any better than polish alone, doesn't make polish last longer before chipping and takes forever to dry.
Love OPI but this product is a waste.