November 21, 2014 | 1760 users online

Toners - Neostrata - Toning Solution (8%)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by sakurina

Ok, this product litteraly saved my face.

Since summer, I got a lot of clogged pores/closed comedones on the forehead and it looked really bad with the daylight...

I've tried salycilic acid to get rid of them, but I discovered I was allergic to it...

My doctor suggested me this product from Neostrata because trying Retin-A (which is reallly strong) since my forehead was covered of bumps and they would stay for at least 1 month before disappearing...

The first week I got a good clearing, but the second...OMG all the clogged pores broke out and I got NEW ONES. Now I know that it was the ''purge'' but it was still really difficult for me.

After 7-8 weeks of patience, MY SKIN IS BACK TO NORMAL!!! :D I must say that my purge last for over 5-6 weeks, but after that, no more weird bumps! I couldn't be happier.

How to use it???

If you don't want to get an irritation and stuff, start by using it only one night each 2 days. After one week, use it every night. After one month, use it morning and night.

I did like this so my skin didn't burn or anything :)

Et voilą!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally purchased this for my 17 year old daughter who suffers mild acne on her forehead and cheeks. However upon reading the positive reviews I also tried this on myself for anti aging, fading old scars and overall texture of my skin. On myself I found it to be too sticky and eventually to give me dry flaky skin. It didn't improve scars or give my face a smooth texture. I don't like it and will continue to use a scrub instead.
But my daughter actually gets positive results as her acne is diminishing and scars fading.
So yes I would repurchase for her but not for myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ElleDuncan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm usually very verbose.
This time I'm going to keep it short and sweet.
Listen up:
acne sufferers: GET through the brief purge (3 to 6 weeks is normal)
and you WILL be amazed. This product used nightly only, followed by an 8% glycolic cream by the same brand, has CHANGED MY SKIN. Yes, it's been 6 months. But this time last year, I never left the house without makeup on, felt insecure about the scars and pimples, and had a totally different texture to my skin. Now I am daily grateful for my glorious glowing skin that I never thought I'd get back after ten years of persistent, mild, but scarring acne.
I get compliments on my skin. That was unheard of before.
Yes, it's pricey. It works. It's safe, it's proven effective, it's easy to find. Buy it. Try it. And get back to feeling wonderful in your skin so you can focus on more important things in life! :))

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This toner irritated my skin too much :( I stuck with it through the purging period, but even months later I felt like it left a sticky residue and didn't make my skin feel good. Especially not worth it since it had no visible benefits to my skin issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by carlau

This product changed my life. I had really bad flaky, congested skin before and some acne. This stuff really helped clear me out of all the acne and congestion such as white heads and black heads. I would spend hours picking at my skin to get all the sebum and dead skin out about every 2 days. I also had hyperpigmentation. After my doctor prescribed this with 2% clyndamicen, I never had to pick at my face again!

It's been 4 months now since starting this product, I hadn't had any congestion nor have I had even one pimple! My hyperpigmentation is fading quick and my skin feels smooth and not dry at all.

At first using this product I noticed a change right away. However, little white heads would pop up in places I wouldn't have ever had them, this is because the product makes your skin purge all the dirt and polution that's inside your skin. It lasts about 2 weeks and then your skin goes back to normal and better than before. I would give it time. When you first put this product on, if you're not used it it, it will sting, similar to putting lemon juice on your skin. This can be irritating but is normal, it will go away after a few minites when your skin climatizes to this product.

I would work my way up from this 8% level 1 product to the higher grade of AHAs and not use a stronger product if you haven't used AHAs before.

If you battle and struggle with acne and majorly congested comedomed skin like me, this product is right for you and it will make your skin feel and look amazing and in a way you never thought possible. Use with broadspectrum sunscreen for best results though.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by laylabronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. It is a great value when compared to other AHA toners available and it is available at tons of drugstores making it easy to find.
I have oily acne prone skin and this toner works extremely well for me. I followed the instructions and gradually increased how frequently I use the toner so my skin did not react negatively at all. I have noticed that it has helped some of my acne scars and skin discoloration fade with regular use. I find it necessary to use a hydrating moisturizer while I use this as it makes my skin dry. Overall this toner has improved my acne, reduced my scars and evened out my skin tone! I would recommend this product to anyone with similar skin to mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by esxli

i started using the level 1 first to build up my tolerance.. i noticed in less than a week, my skin was smoother and brighter. my skin would peel as well. i read other reviews and they mentioned this product purging their skin. it does purge a bit.. but it goes away fast and very small. now im using level 2 and i find faster and better results with the level 2. i use level 1 in the morning and level 2 at night. faded most of my acne scars already! even indented acne scars that i had..and only with two months of use. Def recommend this to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by dancergirl68

I don't know what everyone here is talking about! This stuff has caused me to overproduce oil because of how harsh it is. It hasn't done anything for my blackheads, I swear my acne scars look worse, and it has caused me to be an oil slick therefore breaking me out. I have gave this a month to prove and it hasn't done anything. Waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Only one week in, will update, but but BUT, I *cannot* believe I've been walking past this for however long. I cannot believe my skin tone and texture has changed so much in such a short time. I've been getting compliments already; the changes are obvious.

Until last week I had: dull, tired-looking skin, poor tone, clogged & not-small looking pores. Am a rosacean with occasional hormonal inflammation.

Over the past month, I've been transitioning from products that didn't work so well anymore. Original routine:
- jojoba oil & Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser to wash pm; much less of the C&C am
-Tactuo (Epiduo) pm, every pm;
- Metrogel am
- various sunscreens, all problematic for one reason or another (irritation or inflammation; shine/tack)

About three weeks ago I started:
- weaning off the am Metrogel due to irritation, and replacing it with a 2% salicylic acid gel (C&C again, would prefer another but it was just there), and
- a tiny bead of BP* spread quite thinly over the face under SS (the thought was, the SA might make the skin absorb more of the SS; better to have the BP there as a barrier)
- Ombrelle's SPF 45 Ultra Light Face Cream, which seems to be protecting skin and also not making it freak out (at all! Thanks MA!)

So that was ok, I had no irritation or further inflammation, all good, but the dullness persisted.

1 week ago: started using this toner every other night, tag-teaming with the Tactuo/Epiduo. All of a sudden, my skin looks brighter, smoother and clearer than it has in years. Pores look tighter and cleaner, no inflammation, no irritation of the rosacea (so far!). I'd resigned myself to thinking I'd forever left this kind of skin in my twenties. And here it is, back!

I think I'll stick to using the Tactuo every 2-3 days to maintain what benefits it gives me, and use this most nights. Just amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Update (may 2014)
I used this for quite a while with great results and then gradually stopped when my skin was great. Fast forward a year and after a long winter I have been finding my skin to be very congested and clogged. I began using this and within a week my skin is a lot brighter, smoother, plumper. I did experience some slight purging, because it really does help to get the junk out of your pores. I don't know why I ever stopped using this.. Note to self: DON'T STOP :)

TIP: this goes on sale at Shoppers frequently. Wait for the sale! It goes from almost $30 to 21.99 on sale :)

Original review (may 2013)
I have just started using this toner and so far so good. I was searching for a product with glycolic acid to help with my acne and acne scars. I read the great reviews on here and decided to try it. It is kind of pricy (30$ canadian) but I hear the bottle lasts a long time. I have already noticed that my skin is smoother and i believe it is helping my acne/scars so far. I'm anxious to see the long term results.
I will update after I have used it longer, but I like this product so far!