April 17, 2014 | 1558 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Long Wearing Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I bought this NYC lippie in Rose Gold (#413). As lipsticks with satin go, what makes this unique is the presence of gold shimmer without being overly frosty or metallic. Most satin or metallic shades in drugstore cosmetic brands feature cool-tone whites/silver pearls and satins whereas this one sports a warm gold. The base color is a nude shade of peachy-mauve. Although I don't much care for the brittle plastic packaging, this lipstick wears nicely alone and also to enhance other shades for a layered effect. In fact, this lipstick might just be what inspires me to play mad scientist. Off and on I have thought about melting down some of the lipsticks I own and probably should have returned but didn't --- those that are too brown/dark or too frosty/pale (for the unintended "I feel sick" look, LOL). For less than $2 this is THE color I can get to simultaneously tone down and warm up a not so perfect shade for a fun mix-your-own-shade experiment.

In conclusion, I wish more lipstick companies would release pearl/satin lipsticks with gold, bronze or copper *warming* shimmers instead of what's typical, the cooling variety. In some ways NYC's Rose Gold reminds me of the fantastic L'Oreal HIP Lip Gloss in "Precious" that is discontinued. It is also somewhat of a more peachy version of L'Oreal's "Star Secrets", a shade called Kerry's Rosewood, which also has a modest gold shimmer. At a quarter of the price it's hard to go wrong!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by mamibg

Picked this up at Walmart in Baldwin Park, CA. It has no smell and it feels and looks like a matte lipstick. I got 416, Berry Rich. The other colors looked frosty and I hate frost. So, I ended up purchasing this color and I LOVE IT! it is a very cute berry color on my lips. Staying power is the same as a regular lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

O.M.G. I don't know if I just got a bad lippie, but this lipstick is terrible. I got it in a swap, not sure of the shade because it never said anything but 402A on the packaging. It's like a chocolate shade, I guess. I opened up this lippie, TRIED to swatch it and it was the consistency of an EXTREMELY cheap & tacky lipgloss. There was no smoothness to it what-so-ever and it felt kinda waxy. I will not be buying this lipstick at all; I'm just glad that I got it through a swap for free, lol.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by InfamousBabyJ

Like everybody said before, the caps on the square lipsticks fall off all the time. I have to be careful when I put them in my organizer so they don't fall off and get all over my other make up products. I love this lipstick and since I only started wearing lipstick again recently, it's a great "starter" lipstick or one getting back into it. For the square ones I bought like 5 or 6 colors which are really the only good colors they have. All the other ones are kinda bleh to me. Also, it seems that if you get one color, there is another color within the brand that looks EXACTLY the same. Off the top of my head I think Chiffon and Blossom look exactly alike, on and off the lips. Once you buy like 5 or 6, you really don't have to buy more because they either look the same, or they aren't great colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I got the NYC long wearing l/s in Rose Gold and it's a nice pinky peach color. However, I hate the packaging! If you leave this l/s in your purse, the cap WILL fall off and you'll have l/s all over the inside of your purse. So, I don't really recommend it. I used the round NYC l/s and those are cheaper and better b/c the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Annieyan

I bought the MOUSSE,and it is my HG color from now on.
the color is my dream nude color---not too brown,not too pale,just very slight pink mix orange and a very little coral.LOVE THIS COLOR SOOOOOOOOO MUCH.make my lip looks low-tone but can't ignore it.it also is a great color when you wearing a smoky eyes.
But this lipstick is a little dry,so you need to keep your lips moisture enough.or it'll make the desquamation and line on your lip become apparent.
last on my lipps for 3-4 hours if you don't eat or drink,for me it's OK 'cause I very like to reapply lipsticks:)
It is super cheap.(1.99 or 2.99 buy 1 get 1 free)
This beautiful color made me fall in love with NYC's lipstick(but just this color)absoloutely will buy it again!!!!
If I come back Taiwan,I'll buy 5 tube(or more) of this color~~

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by shaesquared

Super cheap and comes in pretty good colours, too. However, I HATED the packaging. The stupid cap kept on falling off and got lipstick over all the stuff in my schoolbag! Not to mention that ended up cracking later on, too. It's a good lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this purplish pink color last minute before work cause I had forgot mine at home.
It was almost identical to my pricier one, only it feathered and bled a bit even with a liner. but it did the job and it looks wonderful! the texture isint too bad,and the staying power is great:)not bad for something thats less than $2! Id repurchase in other colors for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in 'Fragile Pink' (409B) & is the most perfect shade of pink for me!! I am a PPP & this color is not too bright or too pale-just perfect!! Lasts on my lips through eating & drinking, but is moisturizing at the same time. Super cheap too!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 2:51:00 AM More reviews by tanni

This is one of my most favorite lipsticks that I own, as far as drugstore brand go. The color-stay is pretty decent, thought it's not like you don't need to reapply or anything. It's very cheap, but very high in quality. I own two shades, one of which I'm not too crazy about because the pink is very pale and doesn't go well with my skin (Fragile Pink) and the other I love and carry it around with my all of the time. It's a shimmery bronze color called "Brandy Sparkle". I would buy that color again and again, and I'll probably buy other colors as well.