September 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Aqua Powder in Translucent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Ssephora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually got this at the dollar tree! I couldn't believe they were selling it! I don't like wearing it on hot days. It doesn't spread well and it cakes like mad.

But on nice days it's perfect. I only wear translucent powders. I wear Bare Minerals foundation and I like to wear the Mineral Veil over it, which is light and translucent. This is a bit more heavy than the mineral veil by Bare Minerals but it's one of the best store brand powders I've tried. It's a pretty light powder. Doesn't have color to it, which I love. It's soft and dusty. and it makes my skin look perfect. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by RandomAlynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this prior to the mineral wear powder that came out and I was quite disappointed. It feels interesting when it goes on...but it cakes up like mad! If it's hot out don't even bother using this stuff...it'll just make a mess. All in all...this really is a horrible powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2005 2:24:00 PM More reviews by leave99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The powder looks too peachy in the jar, but blends well when apply on the face, and gives a nice glow, sheer coverage evens out skin tone, and don't dry out my skin like other face powder might. will definitely get it again when on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by PetiteBrunette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best powder I've ever tried!!! My skin is very dry---and this is just about the only powder I've tried that doesn't cake or flake (not recommended for oily skin). I got it for only $3 at Big Lots...which is ridicuously cheap. I picked up many. But the average price at a regualr drug store is $11 (which is kinda high, but I would still pay that anyway). BTW---don't use the powder puff it comes with---use a large powder brush, it works so much better. Oh, be careful not to wear this on a hot day or when you will be sweating a lot. And do not leave the lid off the container for too long---the magic aqua powder will mysteriously evaporate away! It doesn't come with very much. The bronzed shade isn't too great---but he translucent shade is simply amazing. It makes my complexion flawless, dewey, rosy, healthy, and glowing. I have sensitive, acne prone skin---and this stuff is one of the very few makeup items I've tried that doesn't aggrevate it. This powder has an addictive cooling sensation whwen it contacts your skin....nice and smoooooooth. It works really well on top of foundation or concealer also. So overal don't buy it if you have oily skin or sweat a lot. Buy it if you have dry, acne prone, lighter colored skin. I can not emphasis enough how great this is...buy it asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2004 12:49:00 PM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is so neat! =^..^= It's just like the Prescriptives Liquid Magic Powder, except it's not $30! It's super-fine, almost dust. I love it! It covers well, but not too gunky and heavy, and it feels like it's wet and cool, but it's isn't! Before you go dropping a nice little bundle of cash on the Prescriptives Liquid Magic Powder, give this a try! =^^= continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2003 2:00:00 PM More reviews by RubyGemZ

I bought this a while ago and I just rediscovered it last week or so while cleaning out my makeup drawer. I only used it a few times and I didn't like it enough to keep it around so I gave it to a friend.
I think PF puts too much hype on this product esp. when it was in the magazine ads. Sure it does give a cooling effect, but it only lasts up to maybe 10 seconds. So in reality, it's nothing that special and it doesn't make it that much different or any better than the other loose powders. The coverage was pretty, and if you like some golden shimmer on your face, this would be it - it's really a bit too much/dramatic to wear during the day. It was also a little too pricey - about $11 or $12 for a drugstore powder. If you want a good loose powder, I would suggest N.Y.C. loose or pressed powder. It works much, much better and it's cheap (pressed - $1.99, loose - $2.99). - *caution*, it tends to break you out if you're acne prone! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2003 12:12:00 AM More reviews by trishipoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I lOVE the cooling effect of this powder. Feels like water going on yet is instantly a soft dry finish. I have heard this is the drugstore version of Prescriptives Magic powder. Does have a slight " glow" or shimmer to it. I think I will really like this on a hot summer day!