April 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Cool Effect Cooling Cream Eyecolor - Blush Sparkle

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by SpoiledAznChic

not very much pigment on my dark asian skin. the shimmer is very pretty though. got this for a great deal at big-lots, 99 cents. would probably repurchase to layer over other eyeshadows

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

Another WOW. I bought this from buymebeauty.com, and I am SO pleased! It is a sparkly neutral, a bronzy-peach (not a "Blush" shade at all! Oh well!) that is very special all by itself (including black smudgey liner and mascara, of course!) and a great base for a dark green, navy, charcoal, or wine contour e/s shades. Hmmmm...I need a back up of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2003 12:18:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea1980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely color and it lasted all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2003 10:03:00 PM More reviews by FancyGranola

I LOVE these eyeshadows! I have several shades and I am just addicted! They are easy to apply, come in a variety of really nice colors and even have corresponding chubby pencils! The best part though, is that they last forever! I have pretty oily skin and eyeshadows never, ever last for more than a couple hours but these really do! I hope they never stop making these, I may die without them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2003 6:48:00 PM More reviews by elaina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is part of the Fire Island Summer 2003 collection. Blush Sparkle is absolutely gorgeous in the tube--a peachy-bronze with a hint of rose, like Stila Jezebel eye shadow in cream form. As with most of the Cool Effects eyeshadows, the colour applies quite sheerly and requires layering to show up. I use both my finger and Sonia Kashuk's nylon brush to apply this. On my lids, the colour is an extremely sparkly peachy-bronze; only a little bit of the rose is noticeable, which is a bummer. It actually reminds me a lot of Stila Sun e/s when applied--in particular, both have largish shimmer particles. They sure weren't kidding when they named this "Blush Sparkle": the sparkles look silvery white, but it's tough to say what colour they are, exactly, because they're so reflective. It's really too much for me, I think, and I'd like it a lot better if it were more subdued. There is a bit of a cooling effect, if by "cooling", they mean "slight burning". I do find this has good staying power, but I need to wear it a few more times to tell for sure--just wanted to post the colour information for anyone who's curious.