July 24, 2014 | 2188 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Precious Metals

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by annkelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These cream eye shadows are very sheer, with almost no color payoff. They set up really well, however, and have a very pretty shimmer. They don't work for me whatsoever as eye shadows (I need more definition around my eyes), but I love them as primers. I wear one of the colors from this palette every day under my powder eye shadows (I used the gold and copper under brown/sepia shadows and the burgundy under a pinky shadows). I apply just a really light dusting of powder eye shadow a few minutes after applying the cream. The result is a really pretty, shimmery wash of color. The texture looks more modern than a powder alone, but has more color and staying power than a cream. LOVE it!! So, I give it only two lippies as an eye shadow, but would give it five as a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by HolyPeas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff - they are the softest, most natural cream shadows I've seen. If you are considering purchasing a mac cream color base I really suggest you try one of these first. All the colors are wearable and I have problem skin so I usually dont go for shimmer but its very fine and subtle that even I can pull it off nicely. They do crease a touch so use a base or a shadow over top of them.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like these shadows. I'm 44 and my lids don't look good with glittery or very shimmery shadows. I also have dry lids so I decided to try cream e/s.
These are really pretty. THey have a low shimmer that looks so pretty on my lids. The colors are beautiful. I wear a primer underneath and they last most of the day. Some colors last longer than others. The only con would be their staying power compared to higher end shadows. But the colors are really pretty and natural and easy to use.
I also love the packaging.

I would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this eye shadow in different color pallets for the last six years and I've really enjoyed it compared to other drugstore eye shadows. This particular pallet is the best I've used for a more natural look and it really compliments blue eyes well. I've never used an actual primer with it but instead use a small bit of concealer sealed with powder before applying this. When you use it without any type of primer it will look less pigmented and more natural which is fine with the lighter colors but the darker brighter ones are better if you prime your eyes. This eye shadow will usually hold up well with water but does tend to crease and fade after 6+ hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for days where I'm rushing in the morning. The shades are great shades and pair together well. The trick of this product is to use a primer underneath; I use e.l.f.'s which is affordable and keeps the shadows long lasting. These also work great as a base for eyeshadow; the gold looks great under browns, and the gray for smoky eye looks. I have brown eyes and the colors here all look good on my eye color. At first, I did not like this palette because I felt it wasn't pigmented enough; then I started using a primer underneath these and changed my mind, so use a primer! All in all, yes I would prepurchase this, because I love how easy this palette makes my mornings.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Flowertulip

This is a terrible product! I used to own other Revlon cream shadows and was satisfied enough, thinking they were a good purchase for the price. However, I don't know if they changed the formula recently or if it is the Precious Metals quad that is exceptionally bad... All of the colors are bland and look washed out when used, they are not vibrant to say the least (!) you can barely see them at all, even if you put a ton of it. Honestly, i could have put chicken grease on my eyelids and look the same. (Ewww... and it feels like grease too!) On the plus side, they included a little mirror inside the palette, looks nice and practical. But I would have preferred cream shadows that i could actually use. This is going to the trash!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ok- i love the Revlon Creme Illuminance Quads. I know with most people, its either you love or hate cream shadows but for me, personally, i love cream shadows and use one everyday...so onto this particular quad-
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Revlon Creme Illuminance Quads can be readily found in most drugstores like Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens as well as mass stores like Walmart & Target. The cost of these quads will vary slightly depending on where you buy them & also sales/discounts but i see them around $4-5. which to me, is a pretty fair price. esp since Revlon tends to lean on the more pricier side of the drugstore makeup companies. Its like paying $1 per shadow. now i know theres cheaper cream shadows but for the product itself, its a fair price even for a cheapo like me.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The Revlon quads are designed to be used as cream shadows alone but id suggests using them as bases for your powder shadows. Those with more dry or normal lids will probably get a better performer out of these shadows & those w/ oily lids may have more problems w/ creasing or fading. I always prime my eyes (i typically use the $1 elf eyelid primers) then i use the cream shadow & top with powder shadows. I find these have not creased bad nor do they fade fast- but we all have different skin types so what works for me, you may find is terrible. I love the colors in this particular quad. I kept looking at them in the stores & have other quads from this range & thought, ahh, i probably should wait well i found it on sale so i picked it up. There are four shades which i find are ALL beautiful, maybe not together but by themselves- stunning. From left to right: or reverse if you flip it with mirror upwards- its awkward packaging:
1st shadow- this is also a very unique color. in the pan it looks like darker but shows up a tad lighter. this is a steely gray navy. very different. it will pull out different tones of many shadows esp grays & blues. very pretty for defining the eye. also great for smoky looks. it very pretty.
2nd shadow- a gorgeous warm golden champagne. great for all over the lid, its more on the warmer side but i can still wear it w/ my cool skin tone.
3rd shadow- this is a great basic bronzey orange cream. its great for many different shadows to go on top. its great for champagnes, golds, browns basically anything you want to throw on top. it will work. its a very nice pretty golden bronze to wear for all over the lid.
4th shadow- this is probably one of my favorite cream shadows ever, i dunno why but its a gorgeous maroon burgundy color. its great for pairing with dark purples, pinks or browns & maroon shadows. its so pretty even on its own. just very unique in color. one of the few maroon shades i can pull off let alone find to be beautiful!
overall, i dont think trying all these colors at once would work but i think they are all very beautiful colors. i love using them for many different looks. i really do enjoy all of the colors. So to wear these alone, def prime the eyes & also top with a powder- just a light dusting will help significantly. i think these make excellent bases for shadows. they have almost a cream to powder finish but not too dry where it looks cakey on the lid. Also- to prevent creasing or fading- use THIN layers. you can always build up but cannot take away. it helps alot. Most of the time i had any problems w/ cream shadows is when i slapped too much on. These can be applied with your fingers since they help to apply & warm up the shadow so that it will apply a tad easier but these also work great w/ any synthetic brush as well. i use them both ways but its easier to apply w/ fingers for me.
=PACKAGING=
The packaging has been changed from earlier. they use to be less sturdier or pretty looking, now they arent so bad. These come in a rectangular compact that has 4 see thru bubbles that allow you to see the color for the most part. the revlon logo on the front then on the bottom sticker is more info/labeling & shade name located in top left corner. Then once you open, if you are like me, u will be a tad confused?! bc, the top is actually the bottom since the bottom has a full length mirror- which is nice since its long & u can see your eyes easily. Its just weird bc you then have to flip the palette around. Nothing that i cant handle though, its not a big deal but weird. but the palette is a study shiny black plastic that has w/held with traveling & banging around. The shadows are in a circular pan which is about the size of a quarter, i think they are 28mm pans. I may be wrong. you dont get a ton of each but enough. I havent had any problems with them drying out over the months so far. they have kept their consistency well. i have yet to hit pan on any of my quads! So its great- its slim so you can fit it in your bags & these are great for traveling since you get 4 shadows that can make many looks alone or make great bases for any shadow.
Overall, Precious Metals has four beautiful metal like colors like the name implies. The are all four so unique & beautiful and i love them. def worth it esp if you have enjoyed the other palettes from Revlon. They are different than the more neutrals but still neutral enough for day but can also work for night. I love the Creme Illuminance quads & will continue to try more & will probably repurchase once i get through them!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i have the quad in 05 (the same one in the picture at the moment).
disappointed with this quad which i literally wanted for AGES.
i live in the UK and they don't sell it in shops here so i got it online for really cheap. now i know why this was cheap.
this has NO pigmentation to it! there is really little product in these little colour pots and you need a TON to show up any decent colour. so you basically have to pile on a mound of this translucent wax, just to get some pigment.
then we get to gooey creasing even with my TFSI primer and an Estee Lauder eyeshadow over it.
just, no!
(i also rated this low for packaging because it feels very cheap and flimsy and is very small, but mainly because while you are hacking away at the colours with your brush in your quest for colour, it gets very dirty and smears out).
so the remaining 2 lipsticks are there because i can still salvage the pale colour as a cheekbone highlighter, and maybe even try the other goldish colours as lipglosses or something. and i think in theory it's such a good idea; like a little paint pot palette.
buy this if you are curious - because it's cheap and if you have dry eyelids and you don't mind putting in a lot of effort for pigmentation, otherwise don't bother.
this is my second bad experience with Revlon eyeshadows. i'll just mainly be sticking to their nail polishes from now on.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by agapeteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These were ok. They looked beautiful in the package but didn't spread very evenly on my lids (clumpy and harder than I expected to smooth out). Also, it did crease a little on me but it took two seconds to smooth out in the bathroom). I do think using these colors as a base makes a powder shadow pop more so I will probably always use them with a powder shadow over it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I own many of the Illuminance Creme shadows, and was excited to give this one a try as I was on the hunt for a smokey, glitzy grey that comes with this one. All the Quads used before had great texture and vibrancy, but maybe I got a bad batch. The colours are very washed out, and over the top with glitter. Even with UDPP, the shadow vanishes within hours and all your left with on the lids is a glop of greasy glitter. Mainly I was disappointed with the pigmentation of this. All palettes used before had great colour payoff, but this is too soft and too glittery for me. I think I'll give this one to my neice. Great application like the ones I've used before, just thinking I got a bad batch, since this Quad seems pretty popular.